IGNORED

Surely A New Manager Will Get Us Over The Line

Tinmansleftboot

Ok, so we're in free fall. Gary has simply lost the plot. He surely has to go. Does the man have no pride?

Looking back through the ages it's apparent that the introduction of a new manager to any club produces, if only for a while, improved performances and the picking up of valuable points.

We're only a few wins away from securing another season in the CCC. Looking through the fixture list I really can't see where the wins we need are coming from. Do we stick with tweedle dee and tweedle dum and continue to lose or do we take a punt on a new manager and gamble on the improved results and another crack in this division.

Would being relegated cost the club more than sacking Gary Johnson. I'd suggest it would. There is NO guarantee that we'd yoyo back to the Championship straight away.

We could be in one of the most important periods for our club in a number of years. We have a large wage bill with limited assets. Bar Nicky Maynard, who is actually worth decent money?

Relegation would be a total disaster for City and SL has to act now.

It's plain to see what has to happen but will he do it?

I have us as nailed on relegation fodder.

Your point is valid and there is some truth in a new manager can have a positve effect on results and certain players. However, as GJ said we have two very important home games coming up now and then two very winnable games. These four games will define the this season and weather we can push on to safety or get sucked into a relegation dog fight.

I think these four games, 3 of which are at home, will really show if GJ has the ability to turn this slump around and weather the players are still behind him and weather the fans.

It's a damn shame that Leicester go into the next game off the back of a 5-1 win

Ok, so we're in free fall. Gary has simply lost the plot. He surely has to go. Does the man have no pride?

Looking back through the ages it's apparent that the introduction of a new manager to any club produces, if only for a while, improved performances and the picking up of valuable points.

We're only a few wins away from securing another season in the CCC. Looking through the fixture list I really can't see where the wins we need are coming from. Do we stick with tweedle dee and tweedle dum and continue to lose or do we take a punt on a new manager and gamble on the improved results and another crack in this division.

Would being relegated cost the club more than sacking Gary Johnson. I'd suggest it would. There is NO guarantee that we'd yoyo back to the Championship straight away.

We could be in one of the most important periods for our club in a number of years. We have a large wage bill with limited assets. Bar Nicky Maynard, who is actually worth decent money?

Relegation would be a total disaster for City and SL has to act now.

It's plain to see what has to happen but will he do it?

I have us as nailed on relegation fodder.

i appreciate the sentiments in your post and agree that sometimes a new manager can add a bit of impotus (sp?) but is there really any need of "does the man have no pride" and the name calling, im sure him and keith are getting plenty of sleepless nights lately (hell i sure am up at 3am! bloody insomnia)he has done alot for this club over the years and it saddens me the way he is getting hounded out like this, personaly im on the fence on wether to get rid or not, but surely he deserves some respect, even if he appears to be commanding a sinking ship ? emotions are running high right now i know so i suppose its understandable to a degree, have i just talked myself around a circle............ ?

i appreciate the sentiments in your post and agree that sometimes a new manager can add a bit of impotus (sp?) but is there really any need of "does the man have no pride" and the name calling, im sure him and keith are getting plenty of sleepless nights lately (hell i sure am up at 3am! bloody insomnia)he has done alot for this club over the years and it saddens me the way he is getting hounded out like this, personaly im on the fence on wether to get rid or not, but surely he deserves some respect, even if he appears to be commanding a sinking ship ? emotions are running high right now i know so i suppose its understandable to a degree, have i just talked myself around a circle............ ?

I appreciate the name calling is a bit immature but lets be honest, GJ and KM are totally clueless at the moment. I for one hope that the two of them are having sleepless nights. They should be. I for one have had enough of the endless excuses and the whole ' the next few games are important ' rubbish that the two of them spew out every week.

I feel I'm justified with the pride comment. it's only in the last couple of weeks that GJ has actually accepted responsibility for the shocking run we're in. This isn't a knee jerk comment. We've been playing like relegation candidates since half way through last season. I for one have had enough.

I think he'd receive more kudos and respect from the fans if he simply falls on his sword.

I agree that GJ has done a lot for City but that is in the past. Keeping him because of past achievements is ludicrous. Using that logic we should still have Alan Dicks at the healm.

Gary, just go.

Archived