IGNORED

Is It A Money Spinner?

San Fran City

Had this chat with a City fan the other night. IF we went up after winning the play-offs would we have pocketed more cacs, as a club, than if we had finished second?

Presumably, each place finish in the league is worth a certain amount on a sliding scale. Take into account the money that QPR would have been given for runner-up and the money we got for being third. Then pencil in the gate receipts for the three games and TV money from Sky = a better proposition for the bank manager. Nerves of a ship wreck for the fans!!Anyone help me out here???

Money received from Sky and extra gate receipts(approx half million from millenium Staduim) plus prize money for being third. Second Place QPR wont get that much more prize money than us for being second. So if we go up, we should pocket more than QPR!

I understand the club could make around £400,000 from winning the play offs, as against not very much at all for coming 2nd.

Maybe that defeat at Luton was part of a cunning plan? :grr:

(This is how conspiracy theories start)

Guest Kingsbridgedave

Mike Bateson chairman of Torquy Utd has said that they would have been better off by £150000 if they had been promoted via playoffs rather than automatic promotion.

He also booked his holiday on a cruise and so missed their promotion !!!!!

Guest Coles'Gal

haha silly man!! yeh, i do think that we pocket more from playoffs, but i'm not saying it's better than automatic promotion of course :grr::dunno:

We would make more than qpr. In the prem there is 500k for each postion up the table. we would make about 500k from the playoff final so plus semi final money we would make more. And i dobt in the 2nd division there is as much as 500k a place. :grr:

Archived