IGNORED

You Are All Off Your Heads....

leedsred

Fair play everyone......

I've been trying to stay away from the forum recently.... but it got the better of me tonight.... I'm so glad I did.

So far I've read posts linking us to Sven, someone seriously asking if we'd like Ian "dyed in blue" Hollowhead in charge..... and a few suggesting that Neil "Colin" Warnock would be a good move as he'd bring a bit of passion to us!!!

Oh I'm going to bed happy now. Best laugh I've had in ages!!

Cheers all dancing6.gif

Fair play everyone......

I've been trying to stay away from the forum recently.... but it got the better of me tonight.... I'm so glad I did.

So far I've read posts linking us to Sven, someone seriously asking if we'd like Ian "dyed in blue" Hollowhead in charge..... and a few suggesting that Neil "Colin" Warnock would be a good move as he'd bring a bit of passion to us!!!

Oh I'm going to bed happy now. Best laugh I've had in ages!!

Cheers all dancing6.gif

Its rather ironic that some people think that getting rid of GJ is so important they are willing to get managers that have worse records and would divide support from day 1 rather than keep GJ.

looking at the names of managers that we could have a chance of getting that some have put on here, I don't think there is one that hasn't got a good argument against.

Its rather ironic that some people think that getting rid of GJ is so important they are willing to get managers that have worse records and would divide support from day 1 rather than keep GJ.

looking at the names of managers that we could have a chance of getting that some have put on here, I don't think there is one that hasn't got a good argument against.

Whoever gets appointed whenever, will have some detractors and some supporters, its inevitable.

do you honestly think SL will go for one of those?? you will always get people coming up with crazy ideas as who whould take over from GJ. some say who could do better, its plain at the minute to ask who could do worse?? for me he should of gone after cardiff. personally i think we are going down with him at the helm, in todays evil he is quoted as saying that he thinks we are still some way off getting a win FFS!! if SL gets shot soon there is still a chance. someone like coppell or burley with a fresh approach and senisble tactics that the players understand would get a reaction IMO and we would stay up.

Whoever gets appointed whenever, will have some detractors and some supporters, its inevitable.

I haven't been on here long enough to know but can anyone remember what were the arguments against GJ when he was first signed? I understand the "conference manager" incident was a bit later on.

I haven't been on here long enough to know but can anyone remember what were the arguments against GJ when he was first signed? I understand the "conference manager" incident was a bit later on.

I remember talking to one bloke in the pub who was unhappy with GJ, he refered to him as being a clown! I was very happy with his appointment.

do you honestly think SL will go for one of those?? you will always get people coming up with crazy ideas as who whould take over from GJ. some say who could do better, its plain at the minute to ask who could do worse?? for me he should of gone after cardiff. personally i think we are going down with him at the helm, in todays evil he is quoted as saying that he thinks we are still some way off getting a win FFS!! if SL gets shot soon there is still a chance. someone like coppell or burley with a fresh approach and senisble tactics that the players understand would get a reaction IMO and we would stay up.

Non of the crazy ones!

For what its worth I don't think we could get Coppell but Burley was a good name but he took 8 years to get Ipswitch promoted and took Southampton to the playoffs and were not known for being patient supporters. I also don't know his style of play would it be an improvement in entertainment I guess there would only be one way to find out?

I think its really important to ask who could do better? some brianiac will always say that anyone could do better because its hard to do worse at the moment so the real question is who could stop it from being the same? I'm not so sure anyone realistic could do that in such a short space of time but looking over his record with us I see evidence that GJ can turn this around.

If you take it in reasonable context then we won a game 4-2 and then lost a game 0-6 if you supported GJ after the Preston game but think he should have gone after Cardiff then you have to accept that that is a knee jerk reaction to one game - my concern is how we have been playing all this season and the end of last and how we have reacted since the Cardiff game.

That's what's in the Evil but everything in there always has some negative spin on it but even if it was said by GJ in that way then at least he is being honest and is no longer talking the playoff crap that he has done for most of the season.

I agree about simple tactics - I think its time GJ went back to basics and its certainly time to stick to what you know i.e. round pegs in round holes 4-4-2 and trust a defence that you know can do the job and stay fit - if we have it.

When GJ first arrived and we embarked on a 10 game losing spell while he "sorted" the team out, there were those that posted that we got the wrong bloke from Yeovil. We should have got the assist manager. When GJ turned it around he became the Messiah. While we have been doing well GJ could do no wrong. But there had to come a time when for whatever reason things would not go so well, That is when you find the true supporter, not the hanger-on. Some of the rubbish on here reminds me of the Italian army during ww2. The went into battle singing and waving but as soon as the enemy shot back, they threw down their weapons and ran for cover. As they would say, How many gears on an Italian tank? answer: 4. one forward and 3 reverse. This season has seen a large turn around in players, and although it would be nice to think that we could have instant success, it don't happen that way. Sure the manager has baffled us all by some of his tinkering,but surely he has got to know what he wants from his players. If they don't provide it . then he has got to find a formula for success.

Chopping and changing the manager has not done anyone any good. ask QPR. Before GJ was appointed we were shouting out for stability. Its a shame that so many have so short a memory. I have supported CITY in Every division in this league and still will. I wonder how many(of our fickle fans) would have done a runner when we hit rock bottom of division FOUR? A bit like those Italian tanks. Believe and keep the faith. englandsmile4wf.gif

I remember talking to one bloke in the pub who was unhappy with GJ, he refered to him as being a clown! I was very happy with his appointment.

Thats not really an argument against GJ though is it? unless GJ was actually a clown and there is some kind of rule that im unaware of that says clowns will always be rubbish football managers because x y z.

These kind of ambiguous put downs that actually just show what your opinion is without showing why you believe this are kind of pointless. There can be no counterargument to "he is a clown" there is no point to argue.

I agree with you I was happy with his appointment, I would just like to know if there were any arguments along the lines of "boring football" or "not experienced enough" or "after getting us promoted and to a playoff final we will lose 6-0 and then I want him to be sacked fish.gif".

When GJ first arrived and we embarked on a 10 game losing spell while he "sorted" the team out, there were those that posted that we got the wrong bloke from Yeovil. We should have got the assist manager. When GJ turned it around he became the Messiah. While we have been doing well GJ could do no wrong. But there had to come a time when for whatever reason things would not go so well, That is when you find the true supporter, not the hanger-on. Some of the rubbish on here reminds me of the Italian army during ww2. The went into battle singing and waving but as soon as the enemy shot back, they threw down their weapons and ran for cover. As they would say, How many gears on an Italian tank? answer: 4. one forward and 3 reverse. This season has seen a large turn around in players, and although it would be nice to think that we could have instant success, it don't happen that way. Sure the manager has baffled us all by some of his tinkering,but surely he has got to know what he wants from his players. If they don't provide it . then he has got to find a formula for success.

Chopping and changing the manager has not done anyone any good. ask QPR. Before GJ was appointed we were shouting out for stability. Its a shame that so many have so short a memory. I have supported CITY in Every division in this league and still will. I wonder how many(of our fickle fans) would have done a runner when we hit rock bottom of division FOUR? A bit like those Italian tanks. Believe and keep the faith. englandsmile4wf.gif

I think attendances at the time show how many people "do a runner" and distance themselves from the club when its not going so well. Some people are only there for the good times and the problem is there is no reward for those that stick around. I wasn't old enough to support the club when we were in division 4 but I like to think I have the backbone and commitment to city that I would be there if it happened again (god forbid).

I think attendances at the time show how many people "do a runner" and distance themselves from the club when its not going so well. Some people are only there for the good times and the problem is there is no reward for those that stick around. I wasn't old enough to support the club when we were in division 4 but I like to think I have the backbone and commitment to city that I would be there if it happened again (god forbid).

I think its more to do with the shite football combined with the crap team selections and ridiculous constant changing of formations that is "making people do a runner" - Cant say I blame them either.

Not myself unfortunately, the worse we get and the more we get beat, the more I seem to be going! Cant quite work out why though.......

Most people were delighted, one or two didn't like his chirpy cockney persona.

The arguments for GJ were obvious - we already knew him quite well from him being at Yeovil, and therefore being on Radio Bristol & local sport regularly, and he had a more or less unblemished record of success ( and promotions) whilst seemingly playing attacking football.

I think we were quite envious of a smaller club like Yeovil having a manager who we felt would be just right for City, and I for one was putting his name forward on this forum before his name cropped up as a realistic candidate.

We were also so relieved not to be landed with the 'official frontrunner' for the job, Lennie Lawrence!!

Looking at the list of supposed candidates this time, it's a gruesome crew on the whole and there's only one or two I'd swap GJ for. I'll be glad when it's all over and the hellish spectre that SL will make a nightmare appointment like Hollowhead or Warnock can hopefully be dismissed.

I'm now convinced GJ will be going and that it will, unfortunately, be the right decision, but so much depends on getting the right replacement because there's no outstanding candidate like GJ was last time.

I'm certainly not sure I've seen his name mentioned on here yet.

We should have got the assist manager ----- this is the most interesting bit to me,perhaps may have been slightly different with him as assistant here,rather than notepad millen .....

Millen finished top of his class in all his coaching badges and is a respected coach/assistant.

He's not some mug some of you make him out to be, which is very unfair!

Qualifications mean next to nothing, it's what we see on the pitch that counts.

If GJ goes, Millen must go the same day.

He can be a respected assistant elsewhere.

[quote name='Pezo' date='15 February 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1266227869' post='1198809'

Archived