IGNORED

Why Are We So Eager To Batter Our Club?

Thornbury Red

Why is it that City fans are so keen to slag off our club?

Theres a post on rivals about the fact that we havent sold out of Hartlepool away tickets - part time fans etc.

A post on the ask stevel forum asking about a singing area - responded to courteously and provokes a slanging.

Some of you need to have a long hard look at yourselves and wonder why this club hasnt achieved anywhere near as much as it could.

Perhaps if we dedicated more energy into supporting our club than slagging off every aspect of it we might;

a) get a liitle bit further up the ladder and

b) get taken seriously as football supporters.

Come on - sort it out!!!!!!

NB I'm not a happy clappy, is something is obviously wrong then it needs to be said and discussed on the forum. But why the constant criticism?

:D We`ll find something to moan about, Wilson, :ph34r: Peacock :ph34r: TOP 2 followed by East End, :grr: ticketing, us not being able to beat bottom teams, team selection, stewards, food; getting it of your chest I suppose its called or opinions; it dont matter; we all want the same in the end that is ; whats best for Bristol City. :D

Would be a tad boring if we all had the same views. :grr::dunno::):ph34r:

Guest Downend1 Red

It would be a tad boring if we all had the same thoughts on the club but i still think that we are definately one of the best clubs to support at the moment. There are plenty of things to criticise about bristol city as there are are the other 92 clubs in the league (bar arsenal).

Lets all look on the brightside of life - at least we eint a leyton orient supporter with nothing to look forward to.

We are going up sing we are going up!!

Dont get me wrong i'm not moaning about debate - this forum would be as dull as ditchwater if we all had the same views.

Its the constant criticism of the club, and everything the club tries to do.

Its the way that people are quick enough to slag off the so called 'part time fans',

the ticket sales, the pies, the toilets etc etc etc.

If people put half the energy into supporting the team rather than moaning then perhaps, and just perhaps, we might get a team that lives upto the unreasonably high expectations we expect of it. And, we might get some respect from opposition supporters as 'BCFC fans' as opposed to being accused of being 'fickle'.

What wound me up was HarryTheCats post on rivals titled 'pathetic' when he ranted about part time fans and gave a platform for opposition supporters to slag US off. They can slag us off if they like, i couldnt give two ****s what they think, but its the attitude of the so called 'City' fans that depresses me.

I guess it boils down to there being a significant number who are only happy when were failing. And that turns into a self-fullfilling prophecy. :whistle:

I think that sometimes we do expect 2 much of city. We have gotta remember that city arn't a premiership side. We are not always going to play great football. I think we watch 2 much of the premiership and then expect city 2 play in the same way. I know i have done it before :wacko: but now i realise that i have done it. I dont do it n e more. Yeah we did play bad yesterday but we still got a draw away from home. It aint that bad is it. Considering hartlepool had 12 men 4 most of the game :whistle:

My main critisicm this season has been the general lack of quality on the park. Last season city always looked capable of winning, even on the occasions they didn't manage to, but this season its mainly the reverse; they don't often look like winning, even on the occasions they actually manage to do so.

Frankly this squad ought to have walked this pee-poor division.

Archived