IGNORED

Well Played City

screech

Great second half performance and although we conceded late again, I saw enough effort and will to win to suggest we can turn this around. Lee Johnson had a good game as did Skuse in the middle.

One criticism though, Iwellumo won a lot of headers but there wasn't anyone within 15 yards of him gambling on a run which could have put them in.

Not too much wrong with our second half performance, left the game feeling pleased that I saw a team wanting to change their luck. Also the crowd were pretty lively tonight at times all over the ground, good stuff everyone.

Great second half performance and although we conceded late again, I saw enough effort and will to win to suggest we can turn this around. Lee Johnson had a good game as did Skuse in the middle.

One criticism though, Iwellumo won a lot of headers but there wasn't anyone within 15 yards of him gambling on a run which could have put them in.

Not too much wrong with our second half performance, left the game feeling pleased that I saw a team wanting to change their luck. Also the crowd were pretty lively tonight at times all over the ground, good stuff everyone.

Yeah I was pleased tonight lot of effort and definatly playing for the manager, I know I've been a bit critical of him recently but hopefully he can turn it around and regain the faith of the fans, encouraged by tonight though

Well said - whatever else you might say about Johnson, he clearly still has the ability to motivate the team. That was a really gutsy performance tonight and you could see how much that win would have meant to the players.

With attitude like that we'll pull out of this mess.

I know it was a different set of players, but we went through a very bad spell shortly after Johnson took over (was it nine defeats in a row) and we managed to turn that one around.

Good to see the fans get behind the team tonight too - it made a difference.

Well said - whatever else you might say about Johnson, he clearly still has the ability to motivate the team. That was a really gutsy performance tonight and you could see how much that win would have meant to the players.

With attitude like that we'll pull out of this mess.

I know it was a different set of players, but we went through a very bad spell shortly after Johnson took over (was it nine defeats in a row) and we managed to turn that one around.

Good to see the fans get behind the team tonight too - it made a difference.

If this is true then why didn't we start the game well? GJ had all week to motivate them so why only a more spirited second half performance?

Pleased with the performance and gutted with the result.

I agree with Iwelumo, he won almost everything in the air and no one ran on to them. Also, the lack of crosses was noticeable. With Iwelumo's power in the air, get the bloody thing in the box. Last night I seen more players waiting for a cross than I have all season, yet the lack of crosses and quality when they did arrive was poor.

Sort that part of the play out whilst we got Iwelumo and we could be getting somewhere.

But overall, put that much effort in Sunday and we may have a chance, well done lads.

MM

Great performanve last night from everyone fans and players alike.. It gives me hope, this is what can happen when we all pull together.

I agree with Iwelumo, he won almost everything in the air and no one ran on to them. Also, the lack of crosses was noticeable. With Iwelumo's power in the air, get the bloody thing in the box.

I hope JCR will be back on Sunday to replace Elliott and supply crosses from the left and Sproule on the right in place of Haynes and we really have a go at WBA also Iwelumo will play out of his skin Sunday cus its against Wolves deadly rivals

Fair play to the fans for generating a good backing. Fair play to the players for really giving it a go.

I enjoyed the game. Thought we played some nice stuff in parts. Thought Leicester really didn't commit too much going forward.

What worries me however, it just appears to be, that when teams really give it a go and commit men forward and put us under pressure, we just don't seem to have enough defensive quality to hold out, and we buckle. I don't think it makes any difference if it's the 4th minute or the 94th minute.

I agree. We need to remember that we are playing a very good WBA side on Sunday, so a defensive line-up, although boring, is required. If we play JCR, Sproule, Haynes, Maynard together then another Cardiff is on the cards.

Yeah, I agree with all the positive stuff.

Johnson had a really good game and I thought Iwelumo looked like he can offer the sort of threat up front we have been lacking.

Back four looked much better with those personnel and that formation and I hope we stick with that now barring injuries.

Clarkson seems to be growing in stature, confidence and level of threat with every game and it seems clear now he should have been persevered with from much earlier in the season - still never mind he's there for us now.

Could not believe the equaliser AGAIN!

But I am really encouraged - no more tinkering please is all I have to add AND

bring on the Baggies!

I thought second half the players practically ran themselves into the ground. They looked physically shattered and Clarksons goal should have been the deserved winner. So utterly frustrating about conceeding, it's embarasing. We'd have close to 50 points if we'd held on in just a handful of the games.

It felt a bit like the Bradford game, the 9th defeat in 'that' run of loses... a good performance cruely taken away from us. The following saturday at home we went and beat 2nd placed Huddlesfield and never looked back. Here's hoping for a repeat on Sunday :sign09:

We battled hard last night, Just what i want to see from a City side. There was still many many wrongs that are still there but our fight covered over them cracks. When you take teh lead that late in a game you really should be winning it, It felt like a defeat for me.

No point in getting carried away yet, The previous Leicester game and the Preston game proves that. Still a hell of a lot of work to do. Leicester were poor last night, Offered very little up front and played deep in the second half and they still had a couple of chances.

If this is true then why didn't we start the game well? GJ had all week to motivate them so why only a more spirited second half performance?

If you think about it that has been the case throughout GJ's reign, how many times have we been poor first half only for him to have a right go and we see a much better second

Excellent second half performance and we deserved to win overall. That said Leicester are a good footballing side with some very quick and clever players up front. Far more mobile than us.

Iwelumo won alot of headers, but I don't think he has pace so he is there to win the high ball and knock on. Not convinced we don't already have that and more in Akinde. Clarkson played very well. Links play well, gets us playing football, footballing brain and must start Sunday. So must Paul Hartley. LJ played quite well, but Hartley delivers alot more. I would start with Sproule on Sunday though, he was excellent last night. We do really need to get at West Brom and challenge them. Not be afraid and wait to be pulverised. Now that approach would be a disaster!

Lets get some perspective, that was one decent performance after 2 utterly clueless efforts. 1 good show in 3 and 1 point in 9 is not particularly good. The slight problem we have is that every other club near the bottom will be battling, that's not a quality unique to City. We now have 2 very tough games, let's see how those pan out before we start celebrating and assuming that all is rosy at the Gate.

If you think about it that has been the case throughout GJ's reign, how many times have we been poor first half only for him to have a right go and we see a much better second

Totally agree with you - and it happens far too often for my liking. I was commenting on another person's thoughts that GJ can "certainly motivate a team". If this is the case why can't he do it from the first minute not the 46th?

LJ played quite well, but Hartley delivers alot more.

Well, perhaps in general maybe - but on form and last nights performance it would be harsh on LJ to drop him. I thought he was one of our best players last night and thought he deserved man of the match.

Hartley as good as he is, has been slightly off sorts lately, but perhaps with Skuse out injured we could see Hartley and Johnson in the middle. Now if Johnson performs like he did last night and Hartley is on form then that would be a cracking central pair for Sundays game against WBA.

Lets get some perspective, that was one decent performance after 2 utterly clueless efforts. 1 good show in 3 and 1 point in 9 is not particularly good. The slight problem we have is that every other club near the bottom will be battling, that's not a quality unique to City. We now have 2 very tough games, let's see how those pan out before we start celebrating and assuming that all is rosy at the Gate.

quite right - not wanting to take anything away from the positive signs from last night but one positive games doesn't cover over the last couple months, at least there are signs now which I haven't seen since before the 0-6 thumping.

Archived