IGNORED

We Should Play The Same Line Up Against Wba

SyntaxtheRed

Last night was the best we've played in while despite the end result. I think the reason we've struggled to get a game going is because we have had an unsettled side, given the team did reasonably well last night playing them again and creating some consistancy could make the difference. We'll have to replace Skuse if he's injured of course.

agree?

Last night was the best we've played in while despite the end result. I think the reason we've struggled to get a game going is because we have had an unsettled side, given the team did reasonably well last night playing them again and creating some consistancy could make the difference. We'll have to replace Skuse if he's injured of course.

agree?

It would be nice to play the same team in two back-to-back games for once this season...

I do think a lot of our problems have stemmed from a lack of consistency - I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we haven't played the same team for two games in a row all season! I think that's pretty unheard of for us. Yes, it works at the top level, but with so many new players and youngsters at the start of this season, one thing we needed was for everyone to 'bed' in. And that hasn't happened.

To be fair to GJ, we have been continually disrupted by injury, illness, suspensions and players coming and going, throughout the season and this has not helped. But on top of this he's 'tinkered', too. Seemingly resting Hartley or Carey when they've played a couple of games in a row, or not giving strikers such as Clarkson a run in the side which he clearly needs to get 'up to speed'.

As time goes on and we can slowly build confidence, this group of players will get to know each other better and, provided they can stop arguing with one another, will begin to understand each other and develop awareness about their respective 'games'.

Hopefully someone will begin to spot some of the clever runs that Clarkson is beginning to make in behind the defences and pick him out with a decent pass...

Archived