IGNORED

Next Seasons Team

What do you hope our team will be realistically in a years time- key word being realsitically

i hope

--------------------phillips-----------------

Carey------Hill--------------Coles-----Woodman

Murray-----Doherty---A.Quinn------A.Brown

------henriksoon/beckett---Roberts

I dont know how good henrikson is but i think he would be worth a trial.

Alan Quinn would be a good signing- people like tinnion rougier etc would have to go on bench due to age and because long term Murray and Aaron Borwon will be better than Rouge. Howver Rougier defnitly deserves a contract.

My dream team for a years time would be

..........................Phillips..........................

carey............coles.......signing?(page) ......hill

Murray.........Doherty...signing?(wellens,quinn)....Brown

.......................Peacock.......signing?................

I think we should also try and sign gillespie and definitely sign rouge on a possible striker would be someone like:

Robins-maybe a bit to old

Liddle-same as above

knight-definitely worth a go if we go up.

Luke Beckett has spent a large chunk of this season injured, I know he's banged goals in before injury but Stockport would want a fee and we could end up with another Matthews on our hands.

Henrikkson scored a few in his time at Kidderminster but got injured this season and never got back to his best hence a move to the gas :grr: . Is he any better than what we've got? I'm sure that all of our strikers would score a few goals in the third. (okay all except for Matthews :dunno: )

What's the point in playing Rougier up front? He obviously enjoys running at players - being a striker involves a lot more tussling with defenders and having your back to the goal.

So for him to play quite well he'd need to play a bit deeper to get the ball and run with it - and Leapy seems to hang quite deep as well. So we'd have two forwards just in front of the midfield holding up the ball and trying to run it or pass it. No thanks...

I think that many have noted that we lack an out and out striker - someone who can poach the goals in the box. Rougier isn't it - I'd love him to stay, but only to fill the wing positions

The one that got away this season was surly McIndoe player of the year Div3 and Yeovil were going to give him to us.....

the team next season is going to depend largly where we are playing but assuming we go up (can I assume a certainty)..........the team will need to be manipulated to cope with a different style of opposition....

Certainties to be playing reasonably regulaly in Div 1 providing no big money offers come in are

Phillips despite what some people think was GK of the year 2003/4 per the PFA

Amankwa

Coles

Doherty

Murray

Roberts why dont people just get off his case he is a good player he could really use the supporters behind him (not carrying b***dy knives)

Players with it to prove

Hill

Carey

Butler Has a great deal of experience at this level and may prove a great asset

Wilkshire

Miller

Peacock

Rougier

Players likely to come through

Lita

Fortune

I'm sure MrWilson etal have identified some possibilities where we may be weak next season particularly goal poaching and central midfield but we have enough in our locker to provide the nucleus of a decent side in Div1

I'm sure MrWilson etal have identified some possibilities where we may be weak next season
The only worry I have is that Wilson never seems to have the answer straight away to problems - I think we wasted away a good deal of our season with Docherty-Burnell in the middle and the ridiculous situation we had on the wing with Wilkshire, Goodfellow, Roberts et al.

He may see a problem, but whether he knows how to respond to it is another matter. If he'd sorted things out sooner then a couple of points here, a couple there....uh-oh, I've gone cross-eyed again :dunno:

Still, I'm not too bitter. It's just the beauty of hindsight. Hopefully, we will be able to look back and laugh (a litttle) if we get promoted :grr:

Archived