IGNORED

Bristol City Tried To Hijack Freddie Sears Switch

!james

BRISTOL CITY made an 11th hour bid to hijack Freddie Sears' loan move to Coventry City, it has emerged. Chris Coleman agreed last week to sign the talented youngster on loan from West Ham United until the end of the season.

However, Sears says there strong interest from other clubs just before the deal was due to go through - but Chris Coleman had convinced him to sign a short term deal with the Sky Blues.

He said: "There was a few others in for me. Bristol City came in last minute after I had spoken to Chris Coleman but as soon as Coventry were mentioned I told the gaffer I wanted to go."

Sears spent the first half of the season on loan at Crystal Palace.

hm was this before we moved for Iwelumo then...

This for me highlights that GJ still doesn't recognise that it's the lack of creativity in the side that is the problem, NOT the strikers.

I'm all for the Iwelumo signing as he adds a different dimension and vital experience to our play, but why oh why would we want another small, nippy striker when we already have Maynard, Haynes, & Clarkson?

This smacks of desperation to me and I'm really disappointed that Gary can't see what is so plainly obvious to everyone else.

Just emphasises everything even more really, the attempted signing of a strker we clearly didn't need, desperate actions, deperate times.

Ooh, I don't know - imagine the scene - GJ's office one Monday morning and Nicky Maynard has been called in:

GJ: Nicky, sit down I need to have a chat;

NM: What's up gaffer?

GJ: Me and Milly wanna know why you're not getting on the end of Bradders punts up field?

NM: They're too high gaff. I can't reach 'em.

GJ: Hmm, ok Nicky, off you go to training.

NM leaves and GJ picks up the phone and calls Keith Millen (Milly to his friends)

GJ: Milly - I think I have the answer. I've just spoken with the guy who's been playing up front for us and he reckons he can't reach those balls that Bradders puts up front for him. I think I know the answer - we need someone taller!! That's right - get that Sears bloke down here - he's pretty tall from what I can remember - can't score but what does that matter?

GJ puts phone down and looks pleased with himself for having sorted another little problem.

Archived