IGNORED

Dressing Room Harmony.

mcbcfc

Basso is a world class shit, he is the reason we are not in the top 6. He should just piss off to whence he came. The way he has treated, SL, GJ the fans and his fellow team-mates is nothing short of disgusting, no wonder only Exeter came in for him, the guy a drooling religious freak and should be shown the door immediately. hes not welcome at AG and all the players ****ing hate him for how he's stitched us.

But hes a better keeper than Gerkin, Gerkin was only ment to be back up, I hope GJ brings ina top quality keeper next season as Gerkin just aint up to the job imo

You might be right, but you previously suggested that Carey was used to Basso commanding his area, implying that he would have expected Basso to have come for that ball. Even in his most gung ho moments I don't think that Basso would have come that far, and in that position for the same ball - he just wasn't that commanding. Sadly the goal is more a reflection on Carey's poorr judgement than it is of Gerken's.

carey may have been at fault for that particular goal - I haven't seen it to be honest (went home with 3 year old son at half time).

but my point is that it keeps happening, any time the ball goes inbetween defence and keeper - gerken is too slow to come out IMO - I think commanding is possibly the wrong word to describe basso - but he certainly was quick off his line - when he was needed to clear the ball, he was there 9 times out of 10

carey may have been at fault for that particular goal - I haven't seen it to be honest (went home with 3 year old son at half time).

but my point is that it keeps happening, any time the ball goes inbetween defence and keeper - gerken is too slow to come out IMO - I think commanding is possibly the wrong word to describe basso - but he certainly was quick off his line - when he was needed to clear the ball, he was there 9 times out of 10

I bow to your judgement of Gerken because I just haven't seen enough of him to make a fair assesment. However, I saw enough of Basso to know that he wasn't a keeper who commanded his area, and for much of his time he was well protected by a pretty solid defence. Basso was a great shot stopper, but Gerken seems to be inthe same bracket, and can only get better over time.

It is a hypothetical question I know , but I wonder how good Basso would have looked if he had been behind the creaky defence we've had through most of this season? It can't have done Gerken's confidence much good to have been plunged into the fray as he was, and then have to work behind probably our worst back four for a few seasons.

I bow to your judgement of Gerken because I just haven't seen enough of him to make a fair assesment. However, I saw enough of Basso to know that he wasn't a keeper who commanded his area, and for much of his time he was well protected by a pretty solid defence. Basso was a great shot stopper, but Gerken seems to be inthe same bracket, and can only get better over time.

It is a hypothetical question I know , but I wonder how good Basso would have looked if he had been behind the creaky defence we've had through most of this season? It can't have done Gerken's confidence much good to have been plunged into the fray as he was, and then have to work behind probably our worst back four for a few seasons.

Well as I remember events, it took a good twelve months or so for Basso to win everyone over. Even when he had there were people (including myself) who felt Weale should be the number 1. It's going to take Gerken at least that long to win the rose tinted fans over, especially with the frail back line he has infront of him. At 24 though he can only get better.

Basso is a world class shit, he is the reason we are not in the top 6. He should just piss off to whence he came. The way he has treated, SL, GJ the fans and his fellow team-mates is nothing short of disgusting, no wonder only Exeter came in for him, the guy a drooling religious freak and should be shown the door immediately. hes not welcome at AG and all the players ****ing hate him for how he's stitched us.

But hes a better keeper than Gerkin, Gerkin was only ment to be back up, I hope GJ brings ina top quality keeper next season as Gerkin just aint up to the job imo

Please can you back this ludicrous statement up with some facts. For instance, how the hell do you know we'd be top 6 with him instead of Deano?

Over the past few seasons our goalies have won man of the match far to many times which indicates that we do have a very weak defence.

If you look at the good sides they have a rock solid defence with an organised keeper who has to make the odd save whereas ours are always busy. And for me a goalie that's had a quiet afternoon means the outfield players have done their job

Our defence is virtually the same as it was 4/5 years ago and I am not blaming the players because they do their best but you have to question the management as GJ & KM should have strengthened the defence at the start of the season.

Redthru

Archived