IGNORED

Man Of The Match Result Vs Wba

Blagdon red

Because you are trying to say anyone could have scored it. Watch the game again and you will see the run Lee Johnson makes to get on the end of it and the fact the ball goes behind clarkson and in front of iwelumo.

The funny thing is the BBC showed the goal 4x and the commentators made a big deal of his run & how he avoided markers.

First win in 9, biggest win of the last 2 seasons and some people cannot celebrate because they're still hung up about LJ scoring. I don't know whether to laugh at them or pity them.

Probably laugh. :drunk2:

Between 3 players for me.

Haynes was quality as was Fonts. But one player stood out for me today and that was Bradders. Never put a foot wromg in defence and linked up well with the midfield. Orr and Haynes will cause a lot of problems if they get used to each others game. Very Impressed with LJ's performance today but i have always been a fan.

Most importantly, when it mattered we stood up today and outplayed one of, if not the best footballing team in the league.

O.T.I.B.

Cheers,

(A VERY PROUD) Whites.

Between 3 players for me.

Haynes was quality as was Fonts. But one player stood out for me today and that was Bradders. Never put a foot wromg in defence and linked up well with the midfield. Orr and Haynes will cause a lot of problems if they get used to each others game. Very Impressed with LJ's performance today but i have always been a fan.

Most importantly, when it mattered we stood up today and outplayed one of, if not the best footballing team in the league.

O.T.I.B.

Cheers,

(A VERY PROUD) Whites.

I agree - Bradders was ORR-some today - real quality. marv was almost back to his best - (apart from the howler to let them score).

LJ was great - fantastic to hear the BBC praising his performance - I've not been his biggest fan (or worst knocker either) but there's no doubt he was a little hero today. Anyone who disagrees watch the game again in I-player and hear what the experts say.

Dont think Haynes should of got it, yes he had a good game, and he did set up one goal......... but he also missed two good chances, and he is a striker after all.

though marv had a great game (best of the season), fonts had a good game, and Skuse did well today.

This is a fair point but the chances weren't easy and I think Haynes sustained the fight we showed at the start. As such, we may well have been on the end of a hiding without him.

Marv's performance after the equaliser was the 2nd most pleasing for me, probably because it was such a relief. He very nearly lost us the game before that though and so overall, his performance doesn't stand out from those of Fontaine, Orr, Carey, Gerken, LJ & Iwolumo IMHO.

Skuse I thought had a solid game but overshadowed by the rest of the team. Clarkson had the weakest performance but not too shabby.

Archived