IGNORED

Defence Must Take Credit Surely?

Lack of Action Man

MUCH improved display - the defence was working as a 5 man unit today (including keeper). The first goal came from a sloppy pass from Marv but other than that I can't really fault the lads. Great effort and well done Reds!

Yep i agree, thought the defence did much better today esp fonts.......although i still think gerkin needs to get off his line more often, and get to those balls that are top of the box.

well done city!

Defence played really well but Gerken still looks shakey at the back. Noticed a few times Bradders and Carey berating him for not coming out, his decision making needs to be better. Too many balls were cleared out for throw ins when they could have gone back to the keeper or the keeper could have come out and tidied up.

Of course the defence deserve credit - the whole team played well and deserve credit

clarkson was the only player i thought had a iffy game

I am surprised you thought that. The movement and defensive play of Clarkson was very impressive in my opinion. This was very important in the first half when our centre midfield did not appear to be up to the pace of the game and gave the ball away rather too often.

Bradley has to start whipping balls into the box though instead of floating them over. I don't think it can be overestimated what a difference this would make.

His only defence is that he's probably scared to death that he'll shank one out of play and get mullered by the crowd so maybe it's a confidence thing.

But it's an absolute necessity that he starts to do this and I cannot believe the management wouldn't have told him this.

Archived