IGNORED

Key Week For New Stadium Project

Martyn Hocking

My understanding is that the secretary of state had 21 days from February 10th to decide whether or not to 'call in' the new stadium plans for a public inquiry. Assuming the clock started running on the morning of February 11th, that means he/she will have to announce an intention to do that this week (Thursday March 4th, I think).

If nothing is announced by this time next week I assume the club has overcome this potential hurdle and has 'only' got to sort out access issues with North Somerset. farmer.gif

My understanding is that the secretary of state had 21 days from February 10th to decide whether or not to 'call in' the new stadium plans for a public inquiry. Assuming the clock started running on the morning of February 11th, that means he/she will have to announce an intention to do that this week (Thursday March 4th, I think).

If nothing is announced by this time next week I assume the club has overcome this potential hurdle and has 'only' got to sort out access issues with North Somerset. farmer.gif

Lets hope your right!

Good news, fingers crossed!

Unfortunatley I have zero confidence in North Somerset council to make the right decision, or even a fair one.

I get the feeling NSC will wait till it is approved.. if it is they won't stand in the way as they know with an appeal that they will end up losing and having to pay costs for both sides.

I get the feeling NSC will wait till it is approved.. if it is they won't stand in the way as they know with an appeal that they will end up losing and having to pay costs for both sides.

BCFC asked for a delay on the delayed committee meeting and said in the last published letter that they were looking for a decision in April/May from NSC. We also have to wait for the town and village application due to be decided end of March.

Why would you want 12,000 fans rattling atound in a 30,000 stadium, would be a start for the inquiry

Why would you want 12,000 fans rattling atound in a 30,000 stadium, would be a start for the inquiry

I bet people used to say that about Ashton Gate in the dark 4th Divison days...I can hear it now...."4,500 rattling around in a stadium of 30,000, we'd be better off selling up to clear the debts and share Twerton Park".......marvelous NOT!

I noticed in the week that NSC passed plans for expansion of Lulsgate despite huge protests - simply because it would raise extra income.

They can obviously be bought, so SL just needs to sweeten the pot. Perhaps he asked for an extension to the time scale s he can transfer some funds over to Liam Fox! whistle.gif

Why does everyone think moving ground will be the same atmosphere.

It wont.

Talk to any cardiff fan for example, none will say the new stadium is the same as the old one atmosphere wise.

I doubt any fan with a new bowl ground will say the same.

If everything is organised properly (eg: tell people where to get season tickets in the new stadium etc, etc) then the damage can be limited but the fans have to actually want to do it.

I get the impression that the majority of eastenders don't want to make the effort, which is a shame because they would gain extra numbers from the atyeo.

And I would refer you to my signature below......

BCAGFC

Why does everyone think moving ground will be the same atmosphere.

It wont.

Talk to any cardiff fan for example, none will say the new stadium is the same as the old one atmosphere wise.

I doubt any fan with a new bowl ground will say the same.

Are you suggesting that our potential new ground will be a bowl? I don't believe it is, is it?

I noticed in the week that NSC passed plans for expansion of Lulsgate despite huge protests - simply because it would raise extra income.

They can obviously be bought, so SL just needs to sweeten the pot. Perhaps he asked for an extension to the time scale s he can transfer some funds over to Liam Fox! whistle.gif

You can't seriously be suggesting that an honest, up-standing politician like Liam Fox would accept a bribe would you? Where on Earth would you get an idea that he'd accept money unlawfully? Tut, disgusting to make such a statement like that ! ;)

You can't seriously be suggesting that an honest, up-standing politician like Liam Fox would accept a bribe would you? Where on Earth would you get an idea that he'd accept money unlawfully? Tut, disgusting to make such a statement like that ! wink.gif

Only a question guv - I wouldn't have the guts to suggest such a thing innocent06.gif

Anyway, can't keep chatting on here, got my expenses to cook, I mean complete! whistle.gif

Archived