IGNORED

Aaron Ramsey

21. Marcham

It was a horrific injury and you could see from the reaction from every single player that he was in severe pain. I hope he plays again as he is a talented youngster but I wouldn't expect him to play again in 2010.

After rewinding it back I actually don't think that Shawcross intended to hurt him- it was a 50-50 that Ramsay won. I might be wrong but that is my view until I see a slow motion replay.

It was a horrific injury and you could see from the reaction from every single player that he was in severe pain. I hope he plays again as he is a talented youngster but I wouldn't expect him to play again in 2010.

After rewinding it back I actually don't think that Shawcross intended to hurt him- it was a 50-50 that Ramsay won. I might be wrong but that is my view until I see a slow motion replay.

Always nice to watch a FOOTBALLER.

Don't mind donkeys but English football is full of them.

doesnt look good for poor Ramsey

they didnt show many replays on sky and i dont have sky+ but from the first shot they showed of him on the floor it looked very much like a lower leg break

i can only hope it was a squiff shinpad making it look worse than it looked at face value.

Gotta be hard to comeback from an injury like that playing in a combatitve role like centre mid.

Perhaps Hansen and Lawrenson might like to stop trotting out "the best way to stop Arsenal playing is to get in their faces" and "they don't fancy it up North" cliched shite that they've been doing on MotD for years.

I wonder what their reaction would be if their beloved Liverpool or Man U had to put up with the kicking Arsenal seem to get from the likes of Bolton and Stoke?

Perhaps Hansen and Lawrenson might like to stop trotting out "the best way to stop Arsenal playing is to get in their faces" and "they don't fancy it up North" cliched shite that they've been doing on MotD for years.

I wonder what their reaction would be if their beloved Liverpool or Man U had to put up with the kicking Arsenal seem to get from the likes of Bolton and Stoke?

Boo hoo poor old Arsenal, so hard done by all the time, every referee and the FA are obviously out to get them. Said on another post, i feel sorry for Ramsey, hes a cracking little player and i wish him all the best, but im sick to death of hearing Wenger whine about how hard done by Arsenal are. Hes a French Colin.

Boo hoo poor old Arsenal, so hard done by all the time, every referee and the FA are obviously out to get them. Said on another post, i feel sorry for Ramsey, hes a cracking little player and i wish him all the best, but im sick to death of hearing Wenger whine about how hard done by Arsenal are. Hes a French Colin.

He's seen his players suffer three lower leg breaks from extremely reckless challenges in five years, he has a point. It's the kind of injury you get through no reason other than the opponent trying to "go in 'ard" and missing completely.

He's seen his players suffer three lower leg breaks from extremely reckless challenges in five years, he has a point. It's the kind of injury you get through no reason other than the opponent trying to "go in 'ard" and missing completely.

Agreed. I'm with Wenger. He seems to really care about his players, rather than just the selection problem this will cause, and will be right to complain about this. I'm not saying Shawcross should be vilified (no way did he want that to happen) but he should receive a big suspension which will make managers think again about the attitudes they encourage amongst their players.

There is a low res vid on Youtube if anybody hasn't seen it. I won't link as they keep being taken down.

I've watched it several times via Sky+ and whilst it's obviously a serious injury and my heart goes out to Aaron, I don't think the challenge from Shawcross was as bad as everyone thinks. I've only seen it from the one angle, but it didn't look high or studs up, as a previous poster said, it looked like a 50/50 ball that Shawcross had committed to winning, but was just beaten to the ball by Ramsey. I felt for him walking off as well to be honest. I don't think he meant to hurt the player.

I've watched it several times via Sky+ and whilst it's obviously a serious injury and my heart goes out to Aaron, I don't think the challenge from Shawcross was as bad as everyone thinks. I've only seen it from the one angle, but it didn't look high or studs up, as a previous poster said, it looked like a 50/50 ball that Shawcross had committed to winning, but was just beaten to the ball by Ramsey. I felt for him walking off as well to be honest. I don't think he meant to hurt the player.

I agree- I would like to see a slow mo to know for sure but it really didn't look like a malicious challenge. Just unfortunate.

Didnt see it first hand was driving back from Canterbury but was listening on Radio 5 and as soon as it happened it was obvious from the commentators reaction it was VERY SERIOUS. Now back in Bristol and have watched it on the net and it appears that yes, Shawcross WAS going in hard (but not over the ball) but Ramsey caught the ball a millisecond before Shawcross arrived and therefore instead of connecting with the ball Shawcross connected with Ramseys leg and the rest as they say is history???

Two things I would like to add:-

1.) Get well soon to the lad.

and

2.) At a time when a lot of referees come in for JUSTIFIED criticism I personally think that Peter Walton "managed" this tragic incident magnificently in the way that he dealt with the aftermath.

Horrible, horrible injury, hope the lad makes a full recovery and that this doesn't seriously damamge his career. Agree that it's unintentional, 50/50 ball and unfortunately he's just demolished the lad, his reaction proved he genuinely cares imo. The reaction of all the players said it all, I thought Vermalen was gonna be sick!

shocking thing to happen to Ramsey, he is fine footballer and I would wish him a good recovery. These things cant really be pre-meditated its just unlucky for wenger, and I dont think shawcross is that kind of player, kudos as well to glenn whelan for going to Ramsey when he was down.

Do you seriously think that when the Bolton, Stoke, Blackburns of the world play Liverpool or ManUre they think "not much point kicking this lot". But when they play Arsenal it's suddenly "let's go in 'ard. They don't like it up 'em".

Utter rubbish.

And let's not forget the nasty, vicious players that play for Arsenal and that Arsene never sees make a malicious challenge.

Do you seriously think that when the Bolton, Stoke, Blackburns of the world play Liverpool or ManUre they think "not much point kicking this lot". But when they play Arsenal it's suddenly "let's go in 'ard. They don't like it up 'em".

Utter rubbish.

And let's not forget the nasty, vicious players that play for Arsenal and that Arsene never sees make a malicious challenge.

Yes, I do. The perception in the media is that Arsenal are a team of softies these days, which is regularly repeated on MotD.

Arsenal got a penalty last week (and another today) their first two of the season, as usual I can recall numerous soft penalties awarded to those 2 North West teams this season.

I can't think of a single leg breaking tackle by an Arsenal player, either, who are their "nasty, vicious players" then?

Yes, I do. The perception in the media is that Arsenal are a team of softies these days, which is regularly repeated on MotD.

Arsenal got a penalty last week (and another today) their first two of the season, as usual I can recall numerous soft penalties awarded to those 2 North West teams this season.

I can't think of a single leg breaking tackle by an Arsenal player, either, who are their "nasty, vicious players" then?

The 2 worst challenges made in that game tonight were by Cesc Fabregas.

Excuse my ignorance but Eduardo, Ramsey and ??. Sorry but thats the only way to beat Arsenal, to get in their faces and press them as they dont like it. Wenger doesnt like it when teams do it to them because they are the 'pinnacle' closedeyes.gif of football. The Shawcross challenge wasnt malicious it was a 50/50 that badly went wrong.

There was clearly no intent by Shawcross who is a fantastic prospect proving his ability week in week out hence his england call up. There wasn't a great deal of agro from the arsenal players to him which is normally a good sign so its just one of those things. Ramsey is a class act who is quick, skill full and nimble which is why he plays in midfield and Shawcross is solid, commited and sticks to his remit but not as quick and skillful so no massive surprise he was beaten to the ball.

Listening to talksport this morning and some of the pond life phoning in making out it was malicious and some sort of vendetta towards Arsenal just sours the whole thing.

I wish Ramsey a speedy recovery and hope that this won't stop Shawcross from staying true to what he does well.

As for Wenger - gobshite!

Excuse my ignorance but Eduardo, Ramsey and ??. Sorry but thats the only way to beat Arsenal, to get in their faces and press them as they dont like it. Wenger doesnt like it when teams do it to them because they are the 'pinnacle' closedeyes.gif of football. The Shawcross challenge wasnt malicious it was a 50/50 that badly went wrong.

Pressing them is fine but 3 leg-breakers in 5 years suggests teams go in harder on them. Agree the Shawcross tackle wasn't malicious but you don't hear it said about any other team that they don't like it up them - it's a media-driven thing that means that teams will always play Arsenal physically.

Archived