IGNORED

When A Draw Feels Like A Win

stortfordred

On radio 5 live, they gave the score as Ipswich 1 Bristol City 0 at about 4.55. Fair wrecked my afternoon I can tell you. It was only after returning home and checking Sky Sports that I discovered we hadn't lost after all.

Nearly as good as Palace's phantom goal that was. Only nine points from safety now.

Yep same here, I was wondering if I'd misheard but for an hour I thought City had lost.

Yep. The Pillocks.

Heard Ipswich 1 Bristol City 0 in between full time scores, which was totally expected given our track record of conceding late goals.

Radio instantly turned off. Straight down the pub telling the regulars how predictable we are - get home and we drew. Result. May be everytime we concede I ought to head down the pub. Result.

Yep. The Pillocks.

Heard Ipswich 1 Bristol City 0 in between full time scores, which was totally expected given our track record of conceding late goals.

Radio instantly turned off. Straight down the pub telling the regulars how predictable we are - get home and we drew. Result. May be everytime we concede I ought to head down the pub. Result.

Oh God don't tell NTTDS that there's been an error in reporting on the BBC - we'll never hear the end of it! :innocent06:

Was watching soccer special when the late goal report gave Ipswich the lead ,this lead to me having a hissy fit & breaking the remote control I had in my hand by smashing it down on the sofa ,5 seconds later agony turned to ecstasy as the reporter said it was disallowed .My wife thought it was hysterical and couldnt stop laughing at what just happened and fair shout she fixed the remote for me too.

Did wonder how many City fans probably stormed out of room or turned off tele not to find out the true result until later ,seems like quite a few by posts on here .

Archived