IGNORED

Brian Wilson

Who Shot JR?

Wilson may not be a 'great' utility player but he's a useful one.

Stamina, pace, plus good shooting and crossing ability means he can fill in very adequately anywhere along the midfield. He's a decent overlapping right back too, and might well have featured there this season.

Another plus is that he's willing to be moved around uncomplainingly which must be rare at any level.

Asking him to play left back didn't work, but I don't remember him looking out of his depth or letting the team down anywhere else.

I've been most impressed with him on the right hand side of midfield, which I reckon is his best position.

Wilson may not be a 'great' utility player but he's a useful one.

Stamina, pace, plus good shooting and crossing ability means he can fill in very adequately anywhere along the midfield. He's a decent overlapping right back too, and might well have featured there this season.

Another plus is that he's willing to be moved around uncomplainingly which must be rare at any level.

Asking him to play left back didn't work, but I don't remember him looking out of his depth or letting the team down anywhere else.

I've been most impressed with him on the right hand side of midfield, which I reckon is his best position.

I always thought he was a better right back than Orr, but if you are continually injured it gets difficult to establish yourself in that or any other position. Personally, I think it is Orr, Wilson and Ribiero vying for right back now when all are fit. Right of midfield or right wing is going to be down to Haynes and Sproule and I think that is best for our style of play and results opportunity

Archived