IGNORED

Bearing A Grudge

Martyn Hocking

I always rated Andy Cole when he played for us and admire the way he built his career at Newcastle and Man Utd after his early set-backs. He's gone up a notch further in my estimation after reading the truth about his feud with Teddy Sherringham:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1255385/Revealed-Andy-Cole-confesses-real-reason-hatred-ex-Manchester-United-pal-Teddy-Sheringham.html

It would have been so dull if it turned out to be a scrap over a girl - I salute a man who could bear a grudge that deeply for 15 years over a teammate's bad manners and lack of sportsmanship!

I always rated Andy Cole when he played for us and admire the way he built his career at Newcastle and Man Utd after his early set-backs. He's gone up a notch further in my estimation after reading the truth about his feud with Teddy Sherringham:

http://www.dailymail...Sheringham.html

It would have been so dull if it turned out to be a scrap over a girl - I salute a man who could bear a grudge that deeply for 15 years over a teammate's bad manners and lack of sportsmanship!

Fair play to him for being upset by the snub - but surely a 'man' would have questioned sheringham's actions after the game?

A satisfactory answer like " I was upset about being subbed - nothing personal mate" may have been ok.

An unsatisfactory answer like "because I hate your guts - what you gonna do about it" would have probably resulted in a punch up but atleast cleared the air.

But not to talk for 15 yrs - isn't that what girls do?

Sorry girls, nothing personal you understand!

Yeah, I was always an Andy Cole fan - thought he should have been given more of a chance at international level. But then I thought that about le Tissier too...

But anyway, based on the Cole-Sheringham formula (where X = minor snub and Y = time) can we expect Wayne Bridge and John Terry to not speak for, ooh, about 3000 years?

Andy Cole was a class act,followed his career after he left City.Couldnt believe it when we signed him permanently for 500k( i think?).Notice that he is a coach at Huddersfield, under his good friend Lee Clark.I recently posted about us and a striking coach,enough said!!!

Andy Cole was a class act,followed his career after he left City.Couldnt believe it when we signed him permanently for 500k( i think?).Notice that he is a coach at Huddersfield, under his good friend Lee Clark.I recently posted about us and a striking coach,enough said!!!

I reckon we should get Keegan in to do some guest training sessions, just to kind of freshen up our attacking options.

Having been at the England v Uruguay game in question, had to check the stats: no way were there 60,000+ in the crowd: www.englandstats.com advises 34,849.  Thus Andrew Cole really needs to get his memoirs down sooner rather than later, he is already getting forgetful.  

P.S.  Carrying a grudge is OK, but speaking to the press about it 15 years later, what a d1ck.  If he still has issues with Sheringham, lamp him one next time he sees him, and have done with it.

Didn't Andy Cole say that joining Bristol City was a ''massive mistake''? If true then using Mr Cole's own morals on dismissive behaviour, he will be perfectly happy if every Bristol City fan were to ignore his very existence from here on in. He should have been a man and confronted Sheringham after the game instead of using such childish actions to get his point across. Never liked him anyway.

Didn't Andy Cole say that joining Bristol City was a ''massive mistake''?

Don't see how. He was rotting at Arsenal and we gave him an opportunity which ultimately benefitted him. It put him in the shop window and he was snapped up for a cool £1.75m and went on to be adored by Newcastle and then Man U fans.

Where's the big mistake in that.

He was a lazy barsteward though. My biggest memory (after his goals that saved us) was that he could never be ars*d to track back when we lost the ball.

Archived