IGNORED

Favourite Basso Moment

Ryan 7

As the inevitable end of Basso's stay at City finally came today, I was just wondering what everyone's favourite Basso moment was during his successful few years at the Gate.

My favourite moment was probably his penalty save against Watford in our first season at AG.

Great keeper who will be sorely missed.

Great Watford save that.

Even though it hit the post, the Crystal Palace penalty miss at home. Never known a crazy missed penalty celebration like it at the Gate.

Can't remember all the finger tipped saves in games, but when City beat Doncaster in the promotion season 1-0 at home, he had a blinder in that game.

Thanks for the memories Basso, you're mad to let your career drop right down. A massive shame.

The penalty save against Watford, Ironically from Darius Henderson a man who seems to score every time he plays against us.

The many 'superman' saves, I remember Yeovil at home in the promotion season and from an Andy Reid free kick against Charlton

The backheel against Barnsley. The tip onto the bar against Barnsley ... I maintain to this day that no other keeper in the world would have saved that.

The chants of Brazils (and englands) number 1

All the always believe stuff

Just everything about the man. He has been and will be sorely missed from our starting 11

1. Save at home to Yeovil in our promotion season

2. Penalty save Vs Watford first championship season

3. Back heel at home to Barnsley last season

Like others have said, too many moments to list - but these stand out.

The bloke is a legend and saved us on countless occasions

James Beatties free kick for Sheffield United at AG forcing Adriano Basso to a world class save in his right hand top corner.

One of the best saves ever seen worship2.gifworship2.gifworship2.gifworship2.gifworship2.gif

Yes, fantastic save. Strangely enough, my favourite memory of the man is when he pulled off a completely routine save at home to Cheltenham during the promotion season and then dived full length with the ball already in his hands to make it look far more dramatic than it really was! John Ward turned to us in the crowd and was laughing his head off, as were most of us.

It sums up the showman that Basso was/is, and I love him for it.

All the best Adriano.

I have a newspaper picture of that save v yeovil will try and post it later.

I think waford pen save for me, but there so many it's hard to choose from

I agree the Watford spot kick save stands out for most City supporters...but I can't help wondering who his next team will be. He did not seem to draw much attention from teams in the UK, so perhaps he will move abroad, whatever, I like most others will monitor his move(s) good luck to him. worship2.gif

Archived