IGNORED

Joining The Johnson Out Bandwagon

Olé

There you are - I'm a positive person and a positive supporter and have been on Johnson's side all season when others were already hammering him and in the face of some serious arguing on here (check my post history) but today was enough, there were too many visible reasons for Johnson to go.

I was at Ipswich last week and we only avoided defeat there because they couldn't finish to save their lives and Gerkin had one of his best games for us, so I wasn't expecting to coast today but I did expect us to try and build on some consistency. Instead he changed the side yet again for no good reason.

Campbell-Rice is clearly a good attacking player and set up our two goals but he's now been on the end of 11 goals in his 2 starts, surely it should be obvious we don't have the defence for what is virtually 4-2-4. Fontaine and Nyatanga may have swapped places but the pair of them have been hopeless for weeks.

Any team is built from the back and we've simply not done enough to our defence to make a difference, because we're too busy trying to find something that works up front. And Chris Iwelumo does - he was winning all his headers and holding the ball up for the first time since Dele but it's taken 7 months for Johnson to find this.

To cap it all, Johnson stands still without any sign of a sub until the last 15 minutes (giving up before we had) and even then keeps his son on during an inept performance (second only to Fontaine) - I'm not a serial Lee Johnson basher but he was useless today and only Gary Johnson could leave him on the pitch.

And on top of that, the belated substitutions bring no sign of Akinde or any youth, whilst a young Arsenal loan player in the Doncaster side, the kind of signing Johnson repeatedly says he won't make or can't make because they won't come here, is running rings round us playing for Doncaster bloody Rovers (no disrespect to them).

If you can't manage the team, can't sort out the defence, can't even give our young players a chance and isn't prepared to look at bright young Premier League loan talent rather than dross like Clarkson and Nyatanga, there is really no point being here. I've fought Gary's corner for weeks and renewed my ST this morning, but enough is enough.

There you are - I'm a positive person and a positive supporter and have been on Johnson's side all season when others were already hammering him and in the face of some serious arguing on here (check my post history) but today was enough, there were too many visible reasons for Johnson to go.

I was at Ipswich last week and we only avoided defeat there because they couldn't finish to save their lives and Gerkin had one of his best games for us, so I wasn't expecting to coast today but I did expect us to try and build on some consistency. Instead he changed the side yet again for no good reason.

Campbell-Rice is clearly a good attacking player and set up our two goals but he's now been on the end of 11 goals in his 2 starts, surely it should be obvious we don't have the defence for what is virtually 4-2-4. Fontaine and Nyatanga may have swapped places but the pair of them have been hopeless for weeks.

Any team is built from the back and we've simply not done enough to our defence to make a difference, because we're too busy trying to find something that works up front. And Chris Iwelumo does - he was winning all his headers and holding the ball up for the first time since Dele but it's taken 7 months for Johnson to find this.

To cap it all, Johnson stands still without any sign of a sub until the last 15 minutes (giving up before we had) and even then keeps his son on during an inept performance (second only to Fontaine) - I'm not a serial Lee Johnson basher but he was useless today and only Gary Johnson could leave him on the pitch.

And on top of that, the belated substitutions bring no sign of Akinde or any youth, whilst a young Arsenal loan player in the Doncaster side, the kind of signing Johnson repeatedly says he won't make or can't make because they won't come here, is running rings round us playing for Doncaster bloody Rovers (no disrespect to them).

If you can't manage the team, can't sort out the defence, can't even give our young players a chance and isn't prepared to look at bright young Premier League loan talent rather than dross like Clarkson and Nyatanga, there is really no point being here. I've fought Gary's corner for weeks and renewed my ST this morning, but enough is enough.

You have finally seen the light.

It is a pity but everyone reaches their level sooner or later and GJ has reached his, same as Peter Taylor can never manage above Division 2.

Time for GJ to go I am afraid, he will still be a hero for getting us out of Division 1 but could ruin our club if he takes us down.

BCAGFC

I really do hate to say this but I think I agree with you. Just think everything has gone stale now. I'm getting a tad concerned by the form. If it's wasn't for the West Brom game Our form would be even more desperate!

We had weeks of tinkering and changing formation as we slid down the table. Against Leicester we went 4-3-3 and it looked OK, it worked against West Brom, and was OK at Ipswich. Not great, but at least we finally looked to have a settled team and formation. So what does Johnson do? Change it back to two wingers, which has been used once, against Cardiff, with very limited success as we got stuffed!

Our defence is not strong, we don't have a proper left back, and we only have one midfielder who can tackle. It hardly takes a genius to work out that it will end in disaster, especially against a side who attack quickly, and have some good goalscorers. Switching Haynes for Sproule was pointless, as it was defence and midfield that needed changing - After about 20 minutes I suggested either Wilson (Some hope!) or Hartley for Haynes or Maynard, to tighten up the defence. As for taking JCR off, a complete joke, the only positive was that Williams stayed on the bench. Time to do a Norwich, if you lose heavily at home, poach the oppositions manager!

What today should prove to everyone is that we can't talk about blips or bad luck anymore. Today's result is symptomatic of team with big problems and a slide to arrest.

Absolutely right. I've joined the Johnson Out party today as well. I was a sceptic for a long while, but I think the sooner he goes the better. A caretaker - providing it isn't Millen! - can do no worse.

Pointless tactical change again and a nonsensical substitution. We've seen it before, but it's the fact that he has learned no lessons whatsoever this season. Not one. And I really can't see any way we can take his tenure forward. It's not the fault of lack of money, he's spent far more than a number of clubs looking down and laughing at us, and you can't blame injuries for today's farce.

What made me sick was seeing the same mistake as was made against Cardiff made this afternoon. I think Campbell-Ryce is a good player for us, but he isn't a wing back - nor is Haynes, nor is Sproule. Effectively we played a two-man midfield - and one of those has the tackling presence of a blancmange.

Given the vast open spaces in the middle 2/3 of the park players were able to run at pace at our defence and I'm sorry, but in those situations the best defenders in the country struggle - and we certainly aint got the best defenders in the country!!!!

I don't think he will go yet. But he should. Newcastle are going to absolutely annihilate us.

COUNT ME IN 100% - RUN FAT BOY RUN

For the avoidance of doubt, I am joining the Johnson out bandwagon, not the personally insult our best manager for a couple of decades and the man who allowed us to dream again.

Always stuck by Johnson until now, but I've just had enough as well i think its time for a change and we need it now before its to late i hope SL stands back and as a look what johnson as done to us for the last couple of months to be honest any other chairman would of sacked there manager with the form johnson as for the last few months i might be wrong but i dont think the players have any faith in johnson anymore we need a new face to come in and shake things up to keep us in the championship

Excellent post. I can't see how GJ can take us any further, I've lost faith in him completely, he appears tactically inept and our defence look half the players they were last season. We have no Plan B and we cannot keep signing attackers in the vein hope they will do well. Steve Landsdown must act, the attendance says it all, fans support is dwindling, and the man that has taken us so far has lost the plot. Thanks for the memories Johnson, but it's game over. The end of an era, surely!

I'm with Ole's original post 100%. Today was the limit...abysmal...shapeless...lacking in commitment...outplayed at home by Doncaster Rovers. Shipped 5 goals.

The defence was amateurish. I don't like negative posting but this was just too much. Quite what our captain does to earn the arm band is beyond me...berate his less experienced colleagues? No leadership.

Bizarre substitutions...so bizarre that you'd assume that GJ was looking for the boot...

We really should be doing better. I've given GJ the benefit of the doubt for a full year now. We've never had a better squad of players...class and talent all over the pitch...but we don't see the end product.

SL is VERY lucky that he has such passive fans...in the face of a shocking home defeat barely a murmer from the crowd until the end.

I know there are many people on here who support the club with more commitment than me - but in the past week I've renewed two STs and queued today for 30 minutes to pick up tickets for me and my daughter to go to Reading. It's a 100 mile round trip to home matches...

...the question in my mind tonight is why bother when the club puts so little effort in...atrocious.

Sort it out SL.

Great post, and from my view, welcome to the world of reality. This is not meant as a put down on you but merely a refelection that I have had doubts for ages and firmly believed that he should have gone immediately after the Cardiff shambles.

I am worried that it may already be too late as we seem a very fragile team lacking belief.

I honestly am of the opinion that we would do better in the short term with no manager rather than with GJ in charge. When I look at the players it seems to me that they have no confidence in him and his tactics and there is no rapport that I can see between management and players. And that is a bad sign.

Just an observation. Obviously there are the usual 'Johnson Out' people, but when normally level headed rational posters join the bandwagon, this cannot go un-noticed by the people (person) that matters.

I hate to say it as I really want GJ to progress the club, but surely his position is now untenable, or very close to being so.

I might be in the Johnson loyalist camp, but I'm not immune from hurting from these results and performances, we feel it too !! praying%20smiley.gif

We have to face facts that our ambition has not been matched by our ability, but I dont think this makes GJ a bad manager all of a sudden, we just have to accept, like the vast majority of clubs in this league that it aint gonna be us going up this season.

But before we all start getting to Emo about things and passing about the razor blades, consider this: We have a fresh new shot at it again next season. Its not the end of the world its just something that needs sorting out, noone likes losing.

Oh guys, wtf will some of you please stop talking about rellie, negative spirals are dangerious and we dont want no self fullfilling prophesy happening here, we must remain positive as the alternatives are far too serious.

If we lose to Crystal Palace then he definitely has to go wednesday. Give the man to Tuesday and see what team he picks and what sort of motivation / passion he can generate within the players.

If we lose Tuesday, then this season is going to be one hell of a relegation scrap. The question is then what manager would be able to guarantee our survival?

We have to face facts that our ambition has not been matched by our ability, but I dont think this makes GJ a bad manager all of a sudden, we just have to accept, like the vast majority of clubs in this league that it aint gonna be us going up this season.

Trouble is that it is not all of a sudden. The warning signs were there at the end of last season, the defence was not great, we were not scoring, the team spirit was lacking, and Basso was beginning to look p'd off - Normally he was so bubbly and positive. Despite spending quite a bit of cash, things have not improved, the 'Best ever City squad' was horribly unbalanced, and few of the new recruits have had any impact. Subsequent loans have made little difference, and for me, signing Ageymang and Collis was his 'shark moment'. We now have an over-sized squad, totally unbalanced, far too many mediocre players, a number of players looking totally fed up (Odds on Hartley being here next season?), and Academy 'kids' being totally ignored.

We may survive this season, but what then? More journeymen coming in, Academy continuing to be ignored, losses continuing to mount, fans growing more disenchanted, crowds down.... All points to a struggle.

Johnson has done a lot for City, but it's time for a change. We need to be more careful with buys, use Academy lads, bring in players who will actually improve the team, try and pick up some quality Premier League youngsters on loan, basically, consolidate for a year or two, rebuild and then look at play-offs.

Archived