IGNORED

Who Coaches Our Defence?

myol'man

I've asked this question before ( most recently after the Cardiff thrashing)

but who is responsible for coaching our back line?

Is it Millen, or does GJ oversee all aspects of training?

Whoever it is should be ashamed after watching that shamblesranting.gif

It's to easy to blame Millen . In our first season after prmotion and last year our defence was pretty solid, the coaching hasn't changed. The problems are we don't have a good championship left back, Carey is looking past it, Fontaine's been poor most of the season, Nyatanga looks like a headless chicken (Clubs like Derby don't sale good players for no reason) and the defence don't seem to have any confidence in Gerken.

the defence don't seem to have any confidence in Gerken.

I'm fed up with reading the defence have no confidence in Gerken.

Today's abysmal display by each of the 4 defenders had absolutely nothing to do with Gerken or their so-called confidence in him.

The fact is the defence allowed various Doncaster players to waltz through them at will, with no challenges to speak of, and left the goalkeeper dreadfully exposed time and time again.

When he shouted at them they turned their backs and ran upfield, apparently completely ignoring him, while several of them are quick to loudly chastise him when the opportunity arises.

All of our defenders were truly dreadful as individuals and collectively, and if any of them are trying to pass the buck onto a goalkeeper they gave no protection to at all then they should doubly hang their heads in shame.

Gerken probably has zero confidence in them, and understandably so.disapointed2se.gif

2 in midfield, 2 wingers, is too open - it exposes our defence who are at best inconsistent. GJ obviously doesn't get it yet.Unreal.

But that is what everyone was asking for................

Mind you if both wingers tracked back it would be helpful.

There is nothing wrong with that foramtion as long as you have at least one of the central midfielders who will sit and marshall in front of the back four and break up play. The centre of our midfield was non-existant today and just mangnifed a totally inept back four defensive display.

To say the wingers must tuck in and track back is fine but it might be nice if he also mentioned it to a family member over lunch tomorrow.

70 odd years ago I would have said that Laurel and Hardy coach our defence. :winner_third_h4h:......

CB94.jpg

I'm fed up with reading the defence have no confidence in Gerken.

Agreed.

As a central defender at a semi decent level, if I have no confidence in my keeper it doesn't make me play worse or take more chances, it makes me try that little bit harder and compete for balls that maybe I would have left for the keeper in other circumstances. Whether the defence has confidence in a keeper or not is irrelevant.

But that is what everyone was asking for................

A manager who listens to a bunch of keyboard jockeys for advice doesn't deserve to keep his job.

Shoulda listened to me though. ;)

But would playing Hartley in a 4-3-3 have made any difference? Didn't see the game. Haven't seen any reports of it.

Gotta be looking for a new manager though.

2 in midfield, 2 wingers, is too open - it exposes our defence who are at best inconsistent. GJ obviously doesn't get it yet.Unreal.

But what you say is exactly what he used to say and he was roundly abused on here for it! He is now totally confused as to what to do tactically and should have backed his own judgment. Once a manager starts doing what the fans tell him so as to his days are numbered.

But what you say is exactly what he used to say and he was roundly abused on here for it! He is now totally confused as to what to do tactically and should have backed his own judgment. Once a manager starts doing what the fans tell him so as to his days are numbered.

I dont believe that has occurred, the listened to the fans bit; hes still here aint he :rofl2br:

I dont believe that has occurred, the listened to the fans bit; hes still here aint he :rofl2br:

Tee hee no doubt. While I think it's time for change I wonder whether those who insisted 4-4-2 was the answer to our prayers and got what they wanted (so yes he did listen to the fans) will now say they were wrong.:innocent06:

Archived