IGNORED

What's Gone Wrong?

red badger

What's gone wrong? Many of us on here have been branded the happy clappers for having faith in Gary Johnson. I for one have now lost it - yesterday was an abject performance - but I felt until very recently that that faith was justified. Back in the summer I watched all the preseason matches. Here's how I saw things then.

It was very unfortunate that we looked like losing McIndoe - but he played at Yeovil...and the Basso situation looked dodgy - but he was on the books and there was hope the situation could be sorted. We'd signed Andre Blackman, sold as a Prem quality youngster to cover on the left. Likewise Nyatanga was a promising youngster with Prem experience to cover in the centre. Haynes was electric pace and full of promise. Hartley was Champions League international class. Sno...one of the best players we'd seen at the gate in recent times. Gerken - bit of a journeyman but not bad cover...and we'd got a crop of promising youngsters, a number of whom looked good. I have to say that the squad we'd assembled looked one of the strongest in my time supporting the club.

So where has it gone wrong? Steve L needs to be asking Gary:

1. Where's the strength in depth that the summer investment was apparently designed to offer?

2. Why have we lost quality players without having adequate cover?

3. Why has that left the squad so unbalanced?

4. Why have we signed Champions League experience only to pick the old favourites and leave the quality on the bench?

5. Why have we signed journeymen on loan up front...who offer very little class or commitment?

And 6. Why should I give you any more time or money to build a squad when you've failed so miserably to make the most of the resources at your disposal.

Time for some answers.

What's gone wrong? Many of us on here have been branded the happy clappers for having faith in Gary Johnson. I for one have now lost it - yesterday was an abject performance - but I felt until very recently that that faith was justified. Back in the summer I watched all the preseason matches. Here's how I saw things then.

It was very unfortunate that we looked like losing McIndoe - but he played at Yeovil...and the Basso situation looked dodgy - but he was on the books and there was hope the situation could be sorted. We'd signed Andre Blackman, sold as a Prem quality youngster to cover on the left. Likewise Nyatanga was a promising youngster with Prem experience to cover in the centre. Haynes was electric pace and full of promise. Hartley was Champions League international class. Sno...one of the best players we'd seen at the gate in recent times. Gerken - bit of a journeyman but not bad cover...and we'd got a crop of promising youngsters, a number of whom looked good. I have to say that the squad we'd assembled looked one of the strongest in my time supporting the club.

So where has it gone wrong? Steve L needs to be asking Gary:

1. Where's the strength in depth that the summer investment was apparently designed to offer?

2. Why have we lost quality players without having adequate cover?

3. Why has that left the squad so unbalanced?

4. Why have we signing Champions League experience only to pick the old favourites and leave the quality on the bench?

5. Why have we signed journeymen on loan up front...who offer very little class or commitment?

And 6. Why should I give you any more time or money to build a squad when you've failed so miserably to make the most of the resources at your disposal.

Time for some answers.

Ans; Well Steve; "I am working on that and getting the players in today I will have a look at things and get it sorted by Tues; um is Rooney available on loan"

reply "um o.k. thanks I`ll get on the phone and see" :disapointed2se:

Archived