IGNORED

Carey

Who Shot JR?

The Wiki definition of captain reads -

'The team captain of a football team, sometimes known as the skipper, is a team member chosen to be the on-pitch leader of the team: it is often one of the older or more experienced members of the squad, or a player that can heavily influence a game. The team captain is usually identified by the wearing of an armband'

responsibilities include -

'...The captain generally provides a rallying point for the team: if morale is low, it is the captain who will be looked at to boost his team's spirits.'

Nice one Louis worship2.gif

Although I couldn't pinpoint a degree of culpability for Louis, I would certainly have to say that visually I'm not seeing much leadership form our captain. I would expect an awful lot more from an experienced Bristolian, who's racked up as many games as he has for our club.

I just don't see him encouraging, organising or bollocking anyone. Maybe the simple truth is that he isn't the right perosnality. The most visible leadership I have seen this season has been from Hartley or Orr. I remember Hartley coming on for Johson at some game before Christmas and totally organising everyone. He doesn't seem to do that anymore, which for me suggests everything is far from rosy between him and GJ.

'The team captain of a football team, sometimes known as the skipper, is a team member chosen to be the on-pitch leader of the team: it is often one of the older or more experienced members of the squad, or a player that can heavily influence a game. The team captain is usually identified by the wearing of an armband'

'...The captain generally provides a rallying point for the team: if morale is low, it is the captain who will be looked at to boost his team's spirits.'

I just think that certain players have given up on giving their best for a manager who has proven he is totally incapable of taking us forward (Remember Tinnion's last few games in charge?)

Although I couldn't pinpoint a degree of culpability for Louis, I would certainly have to say that visually I'm not seeing much leadership form our captain. I would expect an awful lot more from an experienced Bristolian, who's racked up as many games as he has for our club.

I just don't see him encouraging, organising or bollocking anyone. Maybe the simple truth is that he isn't the right perosnality. The most visible leadership I have seen this season has been from Hartley or Orr. I remember Hartley coming on for Johson at some game before Christmas and totally organising everyone. He doesn't seem to do that anymore, which for me suggests everything is far from rosy between him and GJ.

Agreed. Whatever people think of Orr's performance yesterday, he was the one at least trying to organise the defence and midfield. Hartley has definitely had his fill (which is a shame) and there isn't any fire in his belly any more. His body language in the pre match warm up (and indeed during half time) was that of someone who is going through the motions. Carey's body language at the end of the game - head down. Times are not good.

Anyone who questions Louis Carey's love of this club and desire to lead the team is IMO way off the mark.

He is and always will be 100% City through and through.

What needs to be asked is what has the manager done to drag down the spirit in players wanting to do their very best for the love of this club.

Anyone who questions Louis Carey's love of this club and desire to lead the team is IMO way off the mark.

He is and always will be 100% City through and through.

What needs to be asked is what has the manager done to drag down the spirit in players wanting to do their very best for the love of this club.

I don't think anyone is questioning his love or committment to the club. What I think people are hinting at is problems within or him not being the right type. I'm no psychology expert, but I always noted that leaders are normally personality types. Is Louis the right guy in the right place in a crisis? I'm not convinced.

I don't think anyone is questioning his love or committment to the club. What I think people are hinting at is problems within or him not being the right type. I'm no psychology expert, but I always noted that leaders are normally personality types. Is Louis the right guy in the right place in a crisis? I'm not convinced.

Exactly - I am not questioning Carey's commitment to City. The main thrust of my original post is that he is simply not doing his JOB properly. Whether that is down to psycological reasons, mis-management on GJ's part or crisis in confidence, I simply don't know. What I do know is that he needs to either grab the proverbial bull by the bollox and do some yanking, or hand in his captaincy. Having said that, if he were to do the latter, that would probably be the final death nail in GJ's managerial coffin.

Louis Carey is Mr Bristol City (along with his mate Scott Murray) but he is nowhere near captain material.

Louis has problems with his game at the moment and the responsibility of captaining the side is not helping at all, Louis knows what will happen to this club if we get relegated (looking odds on now) and that is why he critisizes the rest of the back four instead of helping them.

Louis needs a commanding centre half alongside him (as do all the rest of our defenders), take the captaincy away and his form will improve, it is getting too much for Louis at the moment.

BCAGFC

Louis Carey is Mr Bristol City (along with his mate Scott Murray) but he is nowhere near captain material.

Louis has problems with his game at the moment and the responsibility of captaining the side is not helping at all, Louis knows what will happen to this club if we get relegated (looking odds on now) and that is why he critisizes the rest of the back four instead of helping them.

Louis needs a commanding centre half alongside him (as do all the rest of our defenders), take the captaincy away and his form will improve, it is getting too much for Louis at the moment.

BCAGFC

... and Nyatanga is NOT that man.

How did one of the meanest defences in the CCC (over the past couple of seasons) suddenly turn into one of the leakiest? Let's hope the floodgates don't open again when Newcastle and Forest roll into town...

Just because Wikipedia says that, it doesn't necessarily mean it's true! I get frustrated by people quoting from Wikipedia assuming it's the gospel truth.

...but as it happens in this case, I do agree with the description!

I also feel we're missing somebody at the back who can organise, lead and inspire the defence and other players in front. At the moment we're missing all of that, we don't have any natural leaders and our lack of unity is costing us.

... and Nyatanga is NOT that man.

How did one of the meanest defences in the CCC (over the past couple of seasons) suddenly turn into one of the leakiest? Let's hope the floodgates don't open again when Newcastle and Forest roll into town...

i think the floodgates are already open.GJ lost for ideals.millen well. he servived tinnion eara. he should also take some blame. he must go also

Just because Wikipedia says that, it doesn't necessarily mean it's true! I get frustrated by people quoting from Wikipedia assuming it's the gospel truth.

...but as it happens in this case, I do agree with the description!

I also feel we're missing somebody at the back who can organise, lead and inspire the defence and other players in front. At the moment we're missing all of that, we don't have any natural leaders and our lack of unity is costing us.

:laugh:, I don't take Wiki as gospel; most definitions of the word 'captain' say more or less the same thing. 'Leading by example' is a phrase that goes hand-in-hand with the term. Carey simply isn't doing that. He talks a good talk in the programme notes, but that's about it.

Archived