IGNORED

To All Those In The Dolman...

kristian444

Quite frankly, you are a disgrace.

I'm sure Hartley really appreciated you all screaming "you don't know what you're doing" as he came on. I can only assume you thought LJ should have come off instead, in which case I would like to point out that apart from the two assists, JCR was bloody useless yesterday. He always ran that bit too far with the ball, meaning he lost it. I actually think this is more to do with the fact that he's being played on the left (so he has to cut back inside and all that).

Why is it that whenever LJ makes a mistake, you all cry for his blood, yet another player does the same thing and there's little more than a few moans? I'll tell you why: you're idiots. You've made up your minds; and no amount of 'facts' or 'truth' is ever going to change your opinion. You lot could help write the next bloody Bible.

Next match, I'm going to cheer all the good things LJ does and you can bemoan each bad thing; and I guarantee that I will cheer more than you bemoan.

On another note, well done to those of you with free will, who judge a player based on their ability rather than their parentage.

I'd welcome a list of things he did yeaterday to change and impact the game he is a luxury in our currentl plight we cannot afford, how we missed Elliott yesterday. Both he and skuse were well below par, which based on the tactics of playing two out and out wingers they could not afford to be, the city midfield was non-existant and coupled with a comedy of errors at the back gave us the embassement that was yesterdays performance.

And by the way your comments regarding JCR ..."bloody useless" is OK but any comment about boy wonder is out of order???? hypocrite springs to mind. And minus those two asssits it would have been 5-0 explain the logic please.

I sit in the Atyeo and this was my view.

JCR set up 2 goals which is great but sadly he also did not track his man on any occasion. I'm sorry to say it but he can set up 2 goals every week but if he doesn't track and leaves Fontaine or whoever may be at left back so exposed we will be beaten.

He looks like a player we do not need in all honesty he's a right footed left winger who doesn't work back and help out. You may as well put Ivan out there and have Haynes out on the right if your going to use 2 wingers.

JCR set up 2 goals which is great but sadly he also did not track his man on any occasion.

And LJ didn't set up 2 goals and never tracks his man.

It has been obvious to many for a couple of years that LJ mostly has his good games in a three man central midfield, and makes virtually no defensive contribution (however many miles ProZone says he runs). It was obvious to many of us before the Cardiff game that playing with two genuinely wide men would leave us exposed in the middle, and, before yesterday's game, that playing with two wingers and LJ was likely to result in us being overrun in midfield. Which we were - added to which the defence had a complete 'mare - but don't let that disguise the fact that Doncaster could pass the ball through us because of the formation and personnel chosen by the manager.

JCR yesterday was predictable (almost always cutting inside to cross with his right) but still managed to set up two goals.

If GJ wanted to take off Haynes at half time, why not bolster the midfield by bringing Hartley on and move JCR to the right?

Why take so long to make any other changes after we went 5-2 down? And why take off just about the only player who showed he could make something happen?

GJ may know what he's doing at the moment, but he's doing a very good job of hiding it from the rest of us.

...and his defending (or lack of) left Fontaine totally exposed again.

Strange that he played when we let 6 in at home to Cardiff and again when we let 5 in at home yesterday.

Or was that coincidental?

[/quote

I made the same point yesterday, he does not help his full back at all. Donny knew this and worked our left side to death.

O Driscoll tacticaly tore Johnson to shreds yesterday the same as Jones ( Cardiff) did 4 times this season and most other managers have.

Mate i agree with every word of your post, the dolman stand support is crap im amazed they were still in the ground as they normally leave 20 minutes before the game ends anyway.

Sitting in the Dolman as i do, its interesting each week to see just how many of the other 3 stands start to enpty early. Of course its easy to notice the Dolman because of the stands design, but its far from being the only one that fans leave early in.

And i think you will actually find ( if you ever go to Ashton Gate?) that the Dolmans support isnt crap at all.pacifier.gif

What I don't understand is why people are knocking the people who say JCR was useless apart from the 2 assists. He did not track back and left his left back exposed. Don't get me wrong he looked half decent, beat his man a few occasions but was very predictable as he cut in about 90% of the time.

Bradley Orr scored two goals yesterday and was given man of the match. For me he was at fault for at least 2 of the goals yet on some peoples logic he had a good game because he scored twice.

Just doesn't make sense. We have two sides to a game of football attack and defence. Yesterday JCR and Bradley Orr did well on the attacking side yet were shocking on the defensive side. To have a so called good game surely you should play well on both sides of the game. Neither of them did therefore they did not have a good game

Sitting in the Dolman as i do, its interesting each week to see just how many of the other 3 stands start to enpty early. Of course its easy to notice the Dolman because of the stands design, but its far from being the only one that fans leave early in.

And i think you will actually find ( if you ever go to Ashton Gate?) that the Dolmans support isnt crap at all.pacifier.gif

Ive been a season ticket holder for the past ten years and will continue to be so, i hope this clears the queston up of me ever going to ashton gate.

I totaly disagree wth your point of the dolmans support not being crap, you lot go on half time 10 minutes before the whistle which s shocking to see.

The only time you seem to be vocal is when you are moaning.I will note one exception in the dolman and that is the ones in lower g block who always do there best

to join in with the east end, they are the one exception in a stand that is very dull indeed.

Ive been a season ticket holder for the past ten years and will continue to be so, i hope this clears the queston up of me ever going to ashton gate.

I totaly disagree wth your point of the dolmans support not being crap, you lot go on half time 10 minutes before the whistle which s shocking to see.

The only time you seem to be vocal is when you are moaning.I will note one exception in the dolman and that is the ones in lower g block who always do there best

to join in with the east end, they are the one exception in a stand that is very dull indeed.

Sorry but you are talking crap ! you say "you lot in the Dolman" go to half time 10 mins before the whistle, thats strange because 99% of the fans around myself in block B and the surrounding blocks don't move until the whistle ! yes I can see fans moving down from the back but that does not count for the rest of the dolman, it's like me saying because you talk crap the rest of the EE does it wouldn't be fair !

This has been done to death, but to correct you, as a Dolman ST holder what really happens is some do leave early (probably no more than elsewhere in the ground) but the vast majority move to pitch-side or lower levels of the stand so that they can get out reasonably promptly at full time. If you sit towards the top of the stand as I do and stay in your seat, the rest of the ground will have emptied and you will still only be halfway down the steps trying to get out!

Sorry but you are talking crap ! you say "you lot in the Dolman" go to half time 10 mins before the whistle, thats strange because 99% of the fans around myself in block B and the surrounding blocks don't move until the whistle ! yes I can see fans moving down from the back but that does not count for the rest of the dolman, it's like me saying because you talk crap the rest of the EE does it wouldn't be fair !

You may think i talk crap but thats my oppinion and thats what this forum is all about.Weather supporters go early at half time or full time in this stand the support is still pretty poor.

Proberly a lot of older people sit in various parts of the Dolman who are not taken in by all this Johnson is never wrong god like status ,he has brought on his own problems through being pig-headed having little tactical knowhow apart from shuffling around the same old deadwood and hardly ever having a balanced team , with a midfield that just doesn't create chances it breaks up the play then its either pass back or lump it anywhere .......Perhaps we did make Doncaster Rovers look good Emanuel Thomas for such a big bloke was something else it says a lot when he got more applause when taken off than any City player did,of course what a surprise Billy Sharp had a field day no doubt the pro-zone didn't pick him out on Millens clipboard who scored the winner up at Donny some one who can finish BILLY SHARP ............ To slag any one off who has watched this crap game after game is not on the Dolman stand might not bounce round like bloody 2 year olds big deal ,but the amount of hard core City fans in there will get behind their team but the pathetic display on Saturday has just made a lot walk out because they can't even be angry enough to boo anymore its so predictable . All season the same mistakes followed by empty speeches from the manager and players extra trainning ,working to put it right ,turning over every stone for signings that can improve the squad then let Carle,McIndoe,Basso go and we get left with the likes of McCombe,McAllister,Wilson,Agyemang,Collis,Johnson,Williams. Nicky Maynard has lost confidence and looks lost up front with Chris Iwelumo offering the only real threat in the air ,Clarkson just has no pace and to be fair bonces in and out of the team so he never gets to settle in . ...... Well next season a fair few won't be in the Dolman to leave early because like this season they will join the one's who have stopped going , so you can then knock a few more and drive them away too next season then you can have your own waving/bounce session with the great man if he is still there .

Proberly a lot of older people sit in various parts of the Dolman who are not taken in by all this Johnson is never wrong god like status ,he has brought on his own problems through being pig-headed having little tactical knowhow apart from shuffling around the same old deadwood and hardly ever having a balanced team , with a midfield that just doesn't create chances it breaks up the play then its either pass back or lump it anywhere .......Perhaps we did make Doncaster Rovers look good Emanuel Thomas for such a big bloke was something else it says a lot when he got more applause when taken off than any City player did,of course what a surprise Billy Sharp had a field day no doubt the pro-zone didn't pick him out on Millens clipboard who scored the winner up at Donny some one who can finish BILLY SHARP ............ To slag any one off who has watched this crap game after game is not on the Dolman stand might not bounce round like bloody 2 year olds big deal ,but the amount of hard core City fans in there will get behind their team but the pathetic display on Saturday has just made a lot walk out because they can't even be angry enough to boo anymore its so predictable . All season the same mistakes followed by empty speeches from the manager and players extra trainning ,working to put it right ,turning over every stone for signings that can improve the squad then let Carle,McIndoe,Basso go and we get left with the likes of McCombe,McAllister,Wilson,Agyemang,Collis,Johnson,Williams. Nicky Maynard has lost confidence and looks lost up front with Chris Iwelumo offering the only real threat in the air ,Clarkson just has no pace and to be fair bonces in and out of the team so he never gets to settle in . ...... Well next season a fair few won't be in the Dolman to leave early because like this season they will join the one's who have stopped going , so you can then knock a few more and drive them away too next season then you can have your own waving/bounce session with the great man if he is still there .

I was in the ee and was surprised how many people left early. I cannot remember the last time that the ee was that empty at the end of a game.

That sounds great.

I was in the ee and was surprised how many people left early. I cannot remember the last time that the ee was that empty at the end of a game.

Well it was really empty to normal standards a fair time before the end and it was also so clear to see Bradley Orr exchanging words with a fan in the East End which seems to happen more often, what with Johnsons arguements with people sat behind him and a few weeks ago the bloke in the Dolman stand fronting up to 1 of the players pitchside . I don't boo the players or slow hand clap which started up on Saturday and i have not heard that for a long time but when people have a go at people and call them idiots then i think its not on ,i'm just fed up with being served up with the same old game plan and i think he has run his course along with Keith Millen there were some at the back of the Dolman calling Johnson every name under the sun and a few did tell them to shut up and sit down then the stewards got involved. i accept we can't play well every game we were never going to do a NEWCASTLE UTD and no 1 thought we would, but i did say months ago that we were in free fall and looked like relegation fodder but as normal it was treated like stop going then or your an idiot always believe which is a joke now as seeing the bloke who coinned the phrase has gone .

...and his defending (or lack of) left Fontaine totally exposed again.

Strange that he played when we let 6 in at home to Cardiff and again when we let 5 in at home yesterday.

Or was that coincidental?

No coincidence..................just same manager & useless tactics

I sit in the Atyeo and this was my view.

JCR set up 2 goals which is great but sadly he also did not track his man on any occasion. I'm sorry to say it but he can set up 2 goals every week but if he doesn't track and leaves Fontaine or whoever may be at left back so exposed we will be beaten.

He looks like a player we do not need in all honesty he's a right footed left winger who doesn't work back and help out. You may as well put Ivan out there and have Haynes out on the right if your going to use 2 wingers.

100 % correct mate

The first time we saw him play all those sitting by me all agreed he doesn't track back. The game's about defending as well as attacking. It was naive of Johnson to play JCR in front of a make shift LB Fonts. Donnie targeted our left side knowing he's weak defensively.

I predict he'll end up being used mostly off the bench for the last 20 minutes when we are losing and have to gamble.

Just like those other Pete Johnson recommendations (Trundle Sproule Clarkson) who lack the all round game to play a competitive Championship 90 minutes.

CR

Firstly dont tar us all with the same brush, i never go in the Dolman Bar and never leave early. Secondly, a lot of us used to go in the EE when we were younger and when the EE was our home end. We have been there and done what you were " trying" to re create. (i say were, because the last 10 games i think the EE has gone quieter and quieter, and on saturday we didnt even hear you)

A final point, the EE was nearly empty at the final whistle on saturday, so practise what you preach.

Firstly dont tar us all with the same brush, i never go in the Dolman Bar and never leave early. Secondly, a lot of us used to go in the EE when we were younger and when the EE was our home end. We have been there and done what you were " trying" to re create. (i say were, because the last 10 games i think the EE has gone quieter and quieter, and on saturday we didnt even hear you)

A final point, the EE was nearly empty at the final whistle on saturday, so practise what you preach.

The EE was closed on saturday, wasn't it?

Guest clevedonred

well said, it seemed the dolman was the only stand making any noise, booing, slow hand clapping, whatever, but you couldn't hear the east end at all, and it is the layout of the dolman that makes it more obvious that people are leaving. Probably the same amount leaving in all the other stands.

Calm down old friend, i was making a point thats all and my point is that over the majority of the season support in the dolman is pretty poor considering the size of the stand.

I'm sure Hartley really appreciated you all screaming "you don't know what you're doing" as he came on.

I didn't sing it but I'm sure Hartley is bright enough to know exactly why it was being sung.

I can only assume you thought LJ should have come off instead, in which case I would like to point out that apart from the two assists, JCR was bloody useless yesterday.

Apart from five goals Donny were useless. It's a very silly statement to make. What did LJ contribute over JCR's two assists by the way?

He always ran that bit too far with the ball, meaning he lost it. I actually think this is more to do with the fact that he's being played on the left (so he has to cut back inside and all that).

Quite possibly though I think running too far with it is harsh as he did beat his man and make space to cross a number of times. Worth a look at the forwards movement and support from central midfield and full back too - what were his options?

Why is it that whenever LJ makes a mistake, you all cry for his blood, yet another player does the same thing and there's little more than a few moans? I'll tell you why: you're idiots. You've made up your minds; and no amount of 'facts' or 'truth' is ever going to change your opinion. You lot could help write the next bloody Bible.

Next match, I'm going to cheer all the good things LJ does and you can bemoan each bad thing; and I guarantee that I will cheer more than you bemoan.

On another note, well done to those of you with free will, who judge a player based on their ability rather than their parentage.

LJ brings very little to the team. Nothing of any defensive value, weak set plays, few goals or shots, so when the passing is wrong (which is most of his game) it stands out.

Who his Dad is isn't why LJ gets stick, it is just the particular stick of choice for the unimaginative. He gets stick because he's not actually very good and City crowds like a battling midfielder.

As for being close minded, I'd suggest that is true as much of those who defend LJ as it is of those who criticise his game.

I'm sure Hartley really appreciated you all screaming "you don't know what you're doing" as he came on. I can only assume you thought LJ should have come off instead, in which case I would like to point out that apart from the two assists, JCR was bloody useless yesterday. He always ran that bit too far with the ball, meaning he lost it. I actually think this is more to do with the fact that he's being played on the left (so he has to cut back inside and all that).

You don't know what your'e saying comes to mind.

You wont make a lot of noise then. he only has one good match every three, two more crap ones to go. Rather have JCR, and particularly Hartley instead of Johnson minor.

Archived