IGNORED

Gj Will Not Be Sacked Before The End Of The Season

bristolcitysweden

Over the last ten Championship seasons an average of 47.6 points has been enough to survive on goaldifference.

Best team going down has had 46, 48, 49, 46, 51, 50, 42, 46, 52 and 46 points.

I believe SL will gamble on us getting atleast one point from every second game til the end of the season. If necessary with one or two additions to the squad.

Tommy

Over the last ten Championship seasons an average of 47.6 points has been enough to survive on goaldifference.

Best team going down has had 46, 48, 49, 46, 51, 50, 42, 46, 52 and 46 points.

I believe SL will gamble on us getting atleast one point from every second game til the end of the season. If necessary with one or two additions to the squad.

Tommy

We need 53 points to make sure. thats 11 points we need....

The team that was relegated in the '52' season was Leicester, who had 37 points after 34 matches. If you want to be statistics savvy, then with two teams on 37 after the same or fewer matches this season, you would have to say that this season is heading for that same sort of threshold (perhaps higher) and that 52 points is a bare minimum to be looking at as a safety mark (Leicester of course were relegated on goal difference). Overall, sides at the bottom tend to peak towards the end of the season so you have to push that little bit harder to survive.

The problem with your analysis is that you looked at the points of the team who got relagated.

I did a bit of analysis last night and I looked at the points that the teams had in the bottom three after 34 games for the last five seasons and then looked at the number of points that they finished on (3rd bottom) and then the points total of the 4th bottom team. It looked something like this.

ComparisonAfter 34 games

2009 34points Bottom 3 down

2008 36points Leicester on 40 points at 17th position

2007 35points Luton 20th position

2006 29points Bottom 3 down

2005 34points Bottom 3 down

Then I looked at the number of points that the fourth bottom team finished on.

2009 51 points (46 pts relegated)

2008 53 points (52 pts relegated)

2007 49 points (42 pts relegated)

2006 50 points (42 pts relegated)

2005 50 points (50 pts relegated)

53 Pts as Riaz has said should be enough to stay up but looking at the games coming up and the fact that 7 of them are all against teams scrapping for survival I think this will be a tall order. We are not good at scrapping for points and I don't think there is a collective resiliance to achieve this. I really hope I am wrong but I think that it is going to be extremely tough and the next four games could see us with zero points. I am not being pessimistic but realistic. 11 points is a tall order when you consider that out of the last 12 games we have only collected 11 pts and our form is deteriorating...

We need at least 2 or 3 wins to be safe, the things is I don't know where they will come from?

The point is here that most of our remaining games feature opposition below us in the table, the teams around us, you'd have to believe that is better than having all of the top 6 away during the run in.

Basically it's going to be a scrap and Gary has to do the club a big favour and steer us through, even if he is to be replaced he'd do well to remember what Bristol City FC have done for his career over the past 5 years, I think motivating the lads for the final push should be his way of showing respect to a club that brought him so close to managing at the highest level in the English game

The problem with your analysis is that you looked at the points of the team who got relagated.

I did a bit of analysis last night and I looked at the points that the teams had in the bottom three after 34 games for the last five seasons and then looked at the number of points that they finished on (3rd bottom) and then the points total of the 4th bottom team. It looked something like this.

ComparisonAfter 34 games

2009 34points Bottom 3 down

2008 36points Leicester on 40 points at 17th position

2007 35points Luton 20th position

2006 29points Bottom 3 down

2005 34points Bottom 3 down

Then I looked at the number of points that the fourth bottom team finished on.

2009 51 points (46 pts relegated)

2008 53 points (52 pts relegated)

2007 49 points (42 pts relegated)

2006 50 points (42 pts relegated)

2005 50 points (50 pts relegated)

53 Pts as Riaz has said should be enough to stay up but looking at the games coming up and the fact that 7 of them are all against teams scrapping for survival I think this will be a tall order. We are not good at scrapping for points and I don't think there is a collective resiliance to achieve this. I really hope I am wrong but I think that it is going to be extremely tough and the next four games could see us with zero points. I am not being pessimistic but realistic. 11 points is a tall order when you consider that out of the last 12 games we have only collected 11 pts and our form is deteriorating...

This is good news, because they ned to win, we only need to draw.

Every draw we get aganst a relegation rival is all about their 2 points lost

We'll be fine, I imagine that GJ will have some work to do in the summer though, we need to reinforce our spine. I knew the day would come when we have to consider replacing the likes of Carey, so sad, Its hard to imagine a side without Louis in. Who would skipper?

We'll be fine, I imagine that GJ will have some work to do in the summer though, we need to reinforce our spine. I knew the day would come when we have to consider replacing the likes of Carey, so sad, Its hard to imagine a side without Louis in. Who would skipper?

We need to rebuild your right but i think a new manager fresh ideas is the way forward i just can't see us going forward with Johnson. He done great for this club but like marriages sometimes they just run the course time to move on and do things the best way for all concerned.

Sure will, its difficult getting a job these days!!

Sounds like he's making plans for next season according to his Palace preview, speaking to agents for players coming in.

Re. the Captaincy, I'd go for McAllister.

Archived