IGNORED

Who Do The Players Play For?

numbeast

I keep hearing that GJ has lost the dressing room and the players aren't playing for him, but as many of you have pointed out managers, players and chairmen are transient. It's the fans who are constant. Now given this, are the players not letting you and I, the fans down regardless of their liking or disliking of the manager? They are meant to be professional footballers who should realise that the basis of the club they play for isn't the boss nor even the chairman but the punters who come through the turnstiles each week. So in fact WE have lost the dressing room, when the players go out there representing us and are disinterested or guilty of making schoolboy errors. Their actions may get the manager the sack but if he gets sacked he leaves with a good pay off but the club is left up the creek without a paddle. Maybe Gary Johnson does carry some responsibility but so do those players who are taking the cash but not giving value for their money. You can't blame GJ for their mistakes or lackluster performances if you are going to be honest (and I know some would blame him for global warming caused by changing formations and tactics) Do they not also realise they are letting themselves down if they don't give their best.

So ask yourselves when you defend the players just to aportion the total blame on GJ just who are these players selling short and even if they are not playing for the boss they should be playing for the fans and giving us 100% unless of course they feel we don't give them the same in return!

I keep hearing that GJ has lost the dressing room and the players aren't playing for him, but as many of you have pointed out managers, players and chairmen are transient. It's the fans who are constant. Now given this, are the players not letting you and I, the fans down regardless of their liking or disliking of the manager? They are meant to be professional footballers who should realise that the basis of the club they play for isn't the boss nor even the chairman but the punters who come through the turnstiles each week. So in fact WE have lost the dressing room, when the players go out there representing us and are disinterested or guilty of making schoolboy errors. Their actions may get the manager the sack but if he gets sacked he leaves with a good pay off but the club is left up the creek without a paddle. Maybe Gary Johnson does carry some responsibility but so do those players who are taking the cash but not giving value for their money. You can't blame GJ for their mistakes or lackluster performances if you are going to be honest (and I know some would blame him for global warming caused by changing formations and tactics) Do they not also realise they are letting themselves down if they don't give their best.

So ask yourselves when you defend the players just to aportion the total blame on GJ just who are these players selling short and even if they are not playing for the boss they should be playing for the fans and giving us 100% unless of course they feel we don't give them the same in return!

1, They are GJ`s players

2) They are GJ`S matchday players, chosen from "knowing them in training, fitness, etc, almost everyday"

3) The formation/tactics are GJ`s

4) GJ is there MANAGER

5) The players are here for their contracts not because they love our club, same goes for GJ.

6) In ans to your question they play for who ever will give them a contract

7) Its GJ`s job to mould them into a unit and confident team/squad, not ours, its what hes paid to do by us. He`s failed for nearly a year now; time enough. Move on Garry

1, They are GJ`s players

2) They are GJ`S matchday players, chosen from "knowing them in training, fitness, etc, almost everyday"

3) The formation/tactics are GJ`s

4) GJ is there MANAGER

5) The players are here for their contracts not because they love our club, same goes for GJ.

6) In ans to your question they play for who ever will give them a contract

7) Its GJ`s job to mould them into a unit and confident team/squad, not ours, its what hes paid to do by us. He`s failed for nearly a year now; time enough. Move on Garry

chant6ez.gif Agreed. GJ is accountable for getting the performance out of the players....

Plain and simple - their pay packet.

just like the rest of us.

I don't believe it is GJs job to motivate them - they are supposed to be professionals and so try their hardest every game.

ok what is his job as a manager like? not to motivate the players :disapointed2se:HE has selected from 1000`s available with our money by the way not his :angry:

1, They are GJ`s players-Are they GJ's players or are they just collecting their pay as you suggest in points 5&6 ?

2) They are GJ`S matchday players, chosen from "knowing them in training, fitness, etc, almost everyday" - Is it not easy to impress when there is nothing on the outcome or pressures of a matchday scenario?

3) The formation/tactics are GJ`s - Tactics and formation have nothing to do with schoolboy errors do they? Tackling passing etc should be second nature to them as should concentration for the full 90 minutes, these are the players responsibility not the managements.

4) GJ is there MANAGER - Yes thier manager not there to carry out their jobs for them, once they step out onto that pitch he can't perform for them it's up to them

5) The players are here for their contracts not because they love our club, same goes for GJ.- But they have an obligation to the club and it's fans surely

6) In ans to your question they play for who ever will give them a contract - With their current level of ability would anyone else take them on only to have them continue to make stupid errors?

7) Its GJ`s job to mould them into a unit and confident team/squad, not ours, its what hes paid to do by us. He`s failed for nearly a year now; time enough. Move on Garry- So the supporters have no part to play in motivating the team so why bother singing and cheering if it doesn't encourage them to up their game? Maybe it's time to return the no.12 shirt if the fans have no part to play.

I'm not saying GJ is blameless but there are a lot of people who ignore the fact that the so called best squad we've had in years are making basic errors. I believe it's called scapegoating when one person takes the full blame for mistakes made by many. But of course it's always easier to blame one person as history has shown and to wash your hands of any responsibility just like Pontius Pilate.

I'm not saying GJ is blameless but there are a lot of people who ignore the fact that the so called best squad we've had in years are making basic errors. I believe it's called scapegoating when one person takes the full blame for mistakes made by many. But of course it's always easier to blame one person as history has shown and to wash your hands of any responsibility just like Pontius Pilate.

Its not that only a couple of plyers are playing off form. It's 90% of the team... There is something poison going on...

ok we have to agree to differ; players who are prone to "mistakes, errors" should not be playing or subbed pretty quick. Yes many should take the "blame" including, refs, players, we who ever we is? even us the fans but never "I messed up wrong selection, formation etc" has it always got to be "many" others? why not sorry it was me just for once.

Archived