IGNORED

Staying Up?

Ian M

• Admin

We all admit we're in terrible form at the moment but to allay my own fears more than anything else I have looked for our worst run of results over a 12 game period so far this season & the worst I can find is 11 points from 12.

Matching that would leave us on 53 points which should be enough and leave us in a position to re-assess in the Summer.

At least it has been for the last 12 years (haven't checked back further than that).

Great thanks for that I can sleep easy tonight; um wait though any guarantees with this, that we will stay up like?

My mum said; no matter how bad things seem they can easily get worse :D

I think we'll be OK. After a performance like Saturday it's hard to imagine where the next points might come from, but we've got enough good players to get the points we need. I'm just hoping we don't need all twelve games to get them - I wouldn't fancy going into the last five games, say, still needing 6 points to feel safe.

• Admin

Great thanks for that I can sleep easy tonight; um wait though any guarantees with this, that we will stay up like?

My mum said; no matter how bad things seem they can easily get worse :D

Well, if you WANT to feel miserable then who am I to convince you otherwise?

We have 3 away games and a home game against the league leaders on March 2oth. We have only won 2 away games this season. Our morale, team cohesiveness could all be shot for the season by March 22nd

I feel worried about our club thats all, it will still be there though whenever I can afford to go again, whichever div matters not.

• Admin

We have 3 away games and a home game against the league leaders on March 2oth. We have only won 2 away games this season. Our morale, team cohesiveness could all be shot for the season by March 22nd

Personally I'm actually more worried by the games against the "lesser" teams. If we don't win those games we need to ensure we do not lose them and allow them to catch/overtake us.

In the reverse fixtures we picked up 19 points from these 12 games.

• Admin

Personally I'm actually more worried by the games against the "lesser" teams. If we don't win those games we need to ensure we do not lose them and allow them to catch/overtake us.

We've matched the first reverse fixture. 16 points to go :D

Striker Nicky Maynard has had more shots on target than any other player in the Championship (52). A stat taken straight from the BBC...Who says we dont create chances and surely Nicky is due a goal soon...Saturday would be a good day to get one

Keep the Faith

• Admin

Striker Nicky Maynard has had more shots on target than any other player in the Championship (52). A stat taken straight from the BBC...Who says we dont create chances and surely Nicky is due a goal soon...Saturday would be a good day to get one

Keep the Faith

We just need a point on Saturday to match the reverse fixture points :)

A much needed win tonight is very welcome indeed, but no guarantee that we wont follow it up with a heavy defeat. It's become that sort of season. I just hope we can carry this performance into the next two away games and continue to add to our points tally.

Credit where it's due and listening to the commentary, we sounded good value for our win.

We are not out of danger yet but if GJ can get us to safety then for this season it has to be regarded as job done.

I am still of the opinion that he should no longer be our manager, that though is the chairman's decision and as long as he has faith in GJ all we can do is support that belief and hope that it's not misplaced.

So well done to all for a damn good win against one of our favourite teams!! clapping.gif

Archived