IGNORED

Coincidence....?

allyolly

Tonight we saw a solid and committed performance from the lads at a place where traditionally we have not done well. The team played with determination that enabled confidence to grow throughout the match and each player did their job for the team supported throughout by the 600+ away following.

Was there the change of manager that so many had called for? Was the team that different from Saturday?

I don't think so.....

The difference for me was that that everyone at Selhurst tonight was at one. Supporters getting behind the team, giving the lads a lift, not criticising at every opportunity. The last time I remember something similar was Leicester away and no one needs reminding of the result - arguably the best performance of the season.

Coincidence?

Not for me.

I am not sitting here with rose tinted glasses. Yes the season has been underwhelming and frustrating. We have underachieved.

But it really hit home to me tonight the difference the so called supporters can make to the performance and the result. The away support tonight played their part and were rightly applauded by the players and management at the end. It felt good to be a city supporter. Compared to Saturday where I was in the Atyeo it felt almost strange.

Food for thought in my opinion for the remainder of the season, starting at Reading.

Tonight we saw a solid and committed performance from the lads at a place where traditionally we have not done well. The team played with determination that enabled confidence to grow throughout the match and each player did their job for the team supported throughout by the 600+ away following.

Was there the change of manager that so many had called for? Was the team that different from Saturday?

I don't think so.....

The difference for me was that that everyone at Selhurst tonight was at one. Supporters getting behind the team, giving the lads a lift, not criticising at every opportunity. The last time I remember something similar was Leicester away and no one needs reminding of the result - arguably the best performance of the season.

Coincidence?

Not for me.

I am not sitting here with rose tinted glasses. Yes the season has been underwhelming and frustrating. We have underachieved.

But it really hit home to me tonight the difference the so called supporters can make to the performance and the result. The away support tonight played their part and were rightly applauded by the players and management at the end. It felt good to be a city supporter. Compared to Saturday where I was in the Atyeo it felt almost strange.

Food for thought in my opinion for the remainder of the season, starting at Reading.

Bit risky saying that!

Sounds like criticism of the support at Ashton Gate.

If GJ said anything like that, he'd be slaughtered.

Last night's result was a well needed three points. I thought we were the better team and had more possession. It was great to stick (another one) over Palace!

Let's stay grounded though and not get too carried away. Palace were VERY, VERY poor and did not look like scoring a goal in a month of Sunday's. If we had been up against a team playing well then the result may have been different. Don't get me wrong, I am not being negative, I enjoyed the game but a touch of reality is always needed!

My real concern is where the goals are going to come from when Iwelumo goes, he was the only one who really looked like scoring last night. It was good to see Big John on the pitch but he did not really have time to assert himself in the box.

A good three points and well done to the boys, a few more points and we can relax a bit.

When we are safe GJ should start trying out the youngsters for next year, this season is a write off anyway!

The difference for me was that that everyone at Selhurst tonight was at one. Supporters getting behind the team, giving the lads a lift, not criticising at every opportunity.

But it really hit home to me tonight the difference the so called supporters can make to the performance and the result.

I agree and disagree to some extent.

The support and atmosphere for about the first 20 mins of the Cardiff game was the best we have had all season. For 30+ mins we were vociferous (to coin a much loved gj phrase) and then it all went to pot. We have supported the team many, many times vocally this season and it seems to have made no difference.

I don't think our support made that much difference last night. Palace were poor, that was the difference.

I even think some section of the support last night were very quiet.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and it was a very good three points but let's be realistic about why we got the three points.

The support was no better/worse than alot of the games this season .

I hope on Saturday we all satnd up and sing as one (like last year) and I hope we beat Reading (like last year), and I hope we stay up (like last year). And I hope next year we perform better than this year!!

Archived