IGNORED

What A Refreshing Change

italian dave

Lots of positives from last night's performance I felt.

For one, we started with a formation that the players seemed to understand, and feel comfortable with. It felt like people knew what they were supposed to be doing.

Playing Cole Skuse deeper, which for me is his best position, left the defence far less exposed than they were constatntly on Saturday - and the resulting boost in confidence was plain to see - I thought Liam had a great game.

The space that gave us allowed Bradley to push forward (if only he could cross!), and Liam to do the same from time to time - and when they did it was noticeble how others got back to cover - Lee J on the right and Skusey on the left, again leaving us far less exposed.

And how great to see us defending our lead in injury team on the half way line, instead of on the 6 yard line (like we tried to v Coventry!). As a result we really weren't under any pressure at all in the last 4 minutes.

It has to be said, I know, that Palace weren't a great side. If you weren't there, the fact that their strikeforce featured Cavlin Andrew and Stern John should tell you all you need to know. But they still had to be beaten, and we did it! And we looked reasonably comfortable.

All we've got to do now is keep it going - and an unchanged formation and line up would be another step forward.

And hope that Palace survive the season in administration - definitely don't want them going out of business now or we really would be in trouble!!

Archived