IGNORED

Defender Search

Keep the Faith

I'm sure i remember reading not long ago that Johnson was considering signing a centre back and a left back on loan before the deadline. Given that we kept a clean sheet last night do you think he'll still be in the market for a few players or will he stick with what we have?

Personally I think our defence has been weak all season and I think the two targets Johnson identified (a commanding centre half and a left back) should have been priorities earlier (I understand that at the start of the season he had McCombe and Blackman but as McCombe probably isn't good enough and is injury prone and Blackman was young this was always a risk).

However I don't think loan signings are necessarily the way forward. I liked the days when we made fewer loans I think a couple of season loans with potential permanent moves isn't bad but when you start making panic loan signings you might find yourself in a Charlton/Norwich state of affairs and we all know how that ended for those two clubs.

I'd like to think we've enough to stay up so I would probably stick with what we have a give the youngsters a run out when (if?!) we're safe.

I'd like to think we've enough to stay up so I would probably stick with what we have a give the youngsters a run out when (if?!) we're safe.

Agreed, once we are safe write the season off and bring in the young 'uns.

In my opinion Johnson has ignored the defence and ploughed all of his money/effort up front (and failed pretty miserably, Big Chris is about his only success up front this season).

He should have started from the back, you cannot loose games if you do not let goals in. Once you have got that right, focus your attentions on the strikers.

Archived