IGNORED

1-0 Wins..... Our Achilles Heal?

Red Finesse

Its been a frustrating 18 months watching and supporting our beloved club.

We don't score many goals at this level which has been well documented. Which makes the scoreline Arsenal were famous for back in the day crucial to our success. 1-0 is a scoreline we have been so close to on so many occasions, this and the end of last season but our inability to grind out the games we can't kill off has cost us dearly. 1-0 is a scoreline that i think we have desperately been lacking and have needed to prove to us and the players themselves, we can close out the closest of games and leading by 1 IS good enough to see the game out.

After racking my brain as to when our last 1-0 league win was, the only 2 i could think of were Palace (controversial as we DID concederofl2br.gif.) and QPR at home..... Surely this couldn't be right!!!??? that was the first 2 Home league games of the season!!!!

August 18th 2009 vs QPR at ashton gate was our last 1-0 success speechless-smiley-040.gif

Then i got to thinking, "crikey when was our last 1-0 AWAY from home!!!!????"

Nov 8th 2008 vs Southampton

We've had a silly amount of 1-1 draws from being ahead (not sure what the figures are for that one) in the last 18 months.

If we could just get into that habit of controlling and seeing games out we are leading, As we did very well in our ill-fated play-off season. Things would be alot different.

I feel last night was a huge step in the right direction. Psychologically as well as table position rolleyes.gif

Theres no coincidence that swansea and forest who seem to grab 1-0's consistently are pushing for promotion

Well done lads,.... its been a long time coming!!!

Very much my view. Swansea are what we were two seasons ago, low scoring but hard to score against and beat. Sensible policy for clubs like us and the Jacks at this level I think. However I suspect if we were in their position there would be complaints about entertainment and the glass would be half empty for many.

clapping.gif

Very much my view. Swansea are what we were two seasons ago, low scoring but hard to score against and beat. Sensible policy for clubs like us and the Jacks at this level I think. However I suspect if we were in their position there would be complaints about entertainment and the glass would be half empty for many.

We don't score many goals at this level which has been well documented. Which makes the scoreline Arsenal were famous for back in the day crucial to our success. 1-0 is a scoreline we have been so close to on so many occasions, this and the end of last season but our inability to grind out the games we can't kill off has cost us dearly. 1-0 is a scoreline that i think we have desperately been lacking and have needed to prove to us and the players themselves, we can close out the closest of games and leading by 1 IS good enough to see the game out.

After racking my brain as to when our last 1-0 league win was, the only 2 i could think of were Palace (controversial as we DID concederofl2br.gif.) and QPR at home..... Surely this couldn't be right!!!??? that was the first 2 Home league games of the season!!!!

August 18th 2009 vs QPR at ashton gate was our last 1-0 success speechless-smiley-040.gif

We've had a silly amount of 1-1 draws from being ahead (not sure what the figures are for that one) in the last 18 months. This season we have drawn 5 league games 1-1 after taking lead and 2 games 2-2 after taking the lead. In 5 of those 7 games we have conceded the equalising goal in the 90th minute +. Last season we drew 5 games 1-1 after taking the lead. 3 of those equalisers came in the 88th minute+

If we could just get into that habit of controlling and seeing games out we are leading, As we did very well in our ill-fated play-off season. Things would be alot different.

I feel last night was a huge step in the right direction. Psychologically as well as table position rolleyes.gif

Theres no coincidence that swansea and forest who seem to grab 1-0's consistently are pushing for promotion

We've had a silly amount of 1-1 draws from being ahead (not sure what the figures are for that one) in the last 18 months.

Southampton away was the last time I saw us score away before last night! strange that!

"This season we have drawn 5 league games 1-1 after taking lead and 2 games 2-2 after taking the lead. In 5 of those 7 games we have conceded the equalising goal in the 90th minute +. Last season we drew 5 games 1-1 after taking the lead. 3 of those equalisers came in the 88th minute+"

Good work Barneyredballs!!! Pretty depressive reading, 12 games drawn in total from leading. 8/12 thrown away in the last minute. Was that the last 18 months or this season and all of last?

Southampton away was the last time I saw us score away before last night! strange that!

Please tell me you are going to reading! ph34r.gif

Renewed my ST and got my reading ticket on the eve of the doncaster game! you can imagine how happy i was with those purchases come 5pm saturday!!! argh.gif

Please tell me you are going to reading! ph34r.gif

Renewed my ST and got my reading ticket on the eve of the doncaster game! you can imagine how happy i was with those purchases come 5pm saturday!!! argh.gif

Yes I am ...renewed my season ticket, got 2 Reading tickets, 1 Peterbrough ticket and decided against getting a refund on my Palace ticket ... Imagine how happy I was at 5pm that day!

Archived