IGNORED

Badger Watch

CiderSomerset

Hi All,

Most of you may know that Badger8 (Tim Dicks) is currently doing a sponsored run from Ashton Gate to Plymouth's ground.

He has just completed day 4, and for those that are interested this is what he has done so far:

Day 1 - Ran from Bristol to Cheddar, completed 16.2 miles

Day 2 - Ran from Cheddar to Bridgwater, completed 15.5 miles

Day 3 - Made it from Bridgwater to Taunton, 14 miles completed

Day 4 - 16 miles completed today across heavy fields and the canal tow paths. He has arrived just outside Tiverton.

Tomorrow he is aiming to do 18 miles and arrive on the outskirts of Dartmoor. He is hoping to arrive in Plymouth on Saturday. Thats 5 marathons in 6 days!!!

Come on guys and gals, he is raising money for a great cause, this is after he organised the Bristol fans derby in November!

Show him some support on here please and I will forward any messages of support onto Tim

chant6ez.gif GO ON BADGER!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

Most of you may know that Badger8 (Tim Dicks) is currently doing a sponsored run from Ashton Gate to Plymouth's ground.

He has just completed day 4, and for those that are interested this is what he has done so far:

Day 4 - 16 miles completed today across heavy fields and the canal tow paths. He has arrived just outside Tiverton.

Tomorrow he is aiming to do 18 miles and arrive on the outskirts of Dartmoor. He is hoping to arrive in Plymouth on Saturday. Thats 5 marathons in 6 days!!!

Come on guys and gals, he is raising money for a great cause, this is after he organised the Bristol fans derby in November!

Show him some support on here please and I will forward any messages of support onto Tim

:chant6ez: GO ON BADGER!!!!!!!!!

Is he still running, only ask as I did the glos marathon a while back 41/2 hrs; took me 5 days to get the use of my legs back and I walked the last 5 miles.

No pain no gain Tim :chant6ez: the mind is willing the body may be weak but you are there for a reason a big reason; till the end mate you`ll get there :chant6ez:

Hi All,

Hows his splints holding up? Was worried about them last time I spoke to him...

hopefully some of the Bootnecks and rocks from St Mawgen will help him.

Keep it up Tim.

Hi All,

Go on tim you are an inspiration to everyone. Amazing that you can do so much for so many people. Top man.

Got this update from Tim yesterday evening:

'Day 6. Hardest day of them all today. Went from Tedburn St Mary across Datrmoor to Princetown. Over 20 miles. Had to tackle some massive hills that were a real challenge. 18 miles to the finish and arrival at Home Park. Really proud of myself today. Come on you Reds'

Well done Tim. There's one way you can really show your support for what he is doing, and for Help For Heroes, and that's by going here now and making a donation, no matter how small:

http://www.justgiving.com/Tim-Duane

I can add the final part of Badger watch!! I did laugh when Simon text me saying he was making this thread.

Well what can I say? I'm now back in Bristol after undertaking the hardest task of my life. I left Ashton Gate on Sunday the 7th of March, and I've got to say everyone was very nice who walked past after the Doncaster game.

The first day saw me running from Ashton Gate to Cheddar which was pretty easy!! But from the 2nd day onwards it was so tough getting the legs going after resting them. They just wouldn't move, even after stopping for a few minutes to refuel.

On the 2nd day I sustained pretty bad ligament damage on the Bridgewater to Taunton canel, but I had to finish this run/hobble if it killed me.

I won't bore you too much with the rest of the journey, but I arrived at Home Park yesterday at 4:45pm.

I'll add some pictures if any of you are interested?

I have met some pretty supportive people along the way and even got clapped in by some Argyle fans..... random people were giving lots of money during the way.

I also wanted to say a big thank you to David Lloyd and Adman Baker at Bristol City football club, they have been amazing during this run and very supportive.

Again thank you for the posts of support. I'm off to bed

:city:

I can add the final part of Badger watch!! I did laugh when Simon text me saying he was making this thread.

Well what can I say? I'm now back in Bristol after undertaking the hardest task of my life. I left Ashton Gate on Sunday the 7th of March, and I've got to say everyone was very nice who walked past after the Doncaster game.

The first day saw me running from Ashton Gate to Cheddar which was pretty easy!! But from the 2nd day onwards it was so tough getting the legs going after resting them. They just wouldn't move, even after stopping for a few minutes to refuel.

On the 2nd day I sustained pretty bad ligament damage on the Bridgewater to Taunton canel, but I had to finish this run/hobble if it killed me.

I won't bore you too much with the rest of the journey, but I arrived at Home Park yesterday at 4:45pm.

I'll add some pictures if any of you are interested?

I have met some pretty supportive people along the way and even got clapped in by some Argyle fans..... random people were giving lots of money during the way.

I also wanted to say a big thank you to David Lloyd and Adman Baker at Bristol City football club, they have been amazing during this run and very supportive.

Again thank you for the posts of support. I'm off to bed

city.gif

Well done mate! Top thing you've done for a top cause!

Archived