IGNORED

Gavin Williams

CarlBCFC

Went to the yeovil game today, just thought id tell you all that he ran the show today. Scored a cracking free kick and set up another, but got himself stupidly sent off. Weird isn't it, arguably our most creative player doesnt get a look in for us, but when he finally gets a game he produces the goods. Strange one there Mr Johsoon, are you actually going to pay attention to how your loanees are doing? C.Riberio etc

Went to the yeovil game today, just thought id tell you all that he ran the show today. Scored a cracking free kick and set up another, but got himself stupidly sent off. Weird isn't it, arguably our most creative player doesnt get a look in for us, but when he finally gets a game he produces the goods. Strange one there Mr Johsoon, are you actually going to pay attention to how your loanees are doing? C.Riberio etc

Its worth remembering he was playing in the next league down.

Points to consider:

- Hartlepool are dire away from home.

- Williams today played in a league lower than us

- As we know ( Tony Dinning factor) football players sometimes try harder when they are sent out on loan than they do at their own club as they feel they have a point to prove.

but the times he has played for us in the championship, how do you think he has done?

just for the record, would he be in your starting eleven?

Well I certainly would have tried to give him a run in the side, possibly in the hole, but I don't really know if I've seen enough of him to make an informed decision, which says it all really.

Guest BristolCityFC

I know, i feel really sorry for Gavin, i looked at LJ today thinking why the F### how we got this muppet in midfield and and Gavin Williams on loan to Yeovil, its completely beyond me, when he does come on aka vs cardiff in fa cup, he scores! and then he is never to be seen again, Johnson you can stick your team selection straight up where the sun dont shine!

Well I certainly would have tried to give him a run in the side, possibly in the hole, but I don't really know if I've seen enough of him to make an informed decision, which says it all really.

Which is down to GJ. A midfield of Skuse/Elliott Hartley and Williams would provide attacking football, with elliott chasing balls and hartley sitting just in front of the back four. Will we ever see this happen? I think not.

Class is class whatever the division. Hes our ONLY midfielder that gets beyond the strikers, and has that bit of guile to unlock defences. But of course we are playing so well and playing such exciting football that GJ doesnt need him at City !!!!!

Not if the instructions from your manager say hold your shape and keep things tight!

Archived