IGNORED

I Feel Sorry For Lee Johnson

Cardy

In my opinion LJ is a good consistent model pro footballer. Ability wise he is average Championship standard and Im convinced if he was 6 inches taller he would be absolute quality at this level. The one thing I will never doubt about the wee fellow is he always gives his 100% best.

What is beginning to really pee me off is so called fans who obviously have a problem with his dad then taking out their frustrations on LJ. Im not a fan of GJ The Ego anymore either but please lets not makes a scapegoat of Lee in the process. Amen.

GJ, PJ and KM out. LJ to stay.

If you saw Bradleys Orr reaction after the first goal yesterday...you were left in no doubt who he blames for the goal......he and junior agrued the toss for a good couple of minutes afterwards. Johnson waving his arms around with more motion that I've seen him tracking back for months. He just made a token effort to tackle thenl jogged back and allowed the Reading player free licence to drive into the box, resulting in a goal....seven days passed but the same problems highlighted against Doncaster came home to roost.

To quote Joe Royal when Everton were in a fix many years ago..we now need the "Dogs" of War" to grind out 3 or 4 wins......Johnson is a luxury that our current plight no longer can accomodate..how he stayed on the pitch for the full 90 is anyones guess....its no vendata...its reality. He cannot expect to complete 10 or 20 five yard passes and beleive that is enougth to impact and influence a game.

Lee Johnson is total pants, he offers nothing to this football club, is well out of his league in this division regardless if his dad is Gary johnson or not

He is so out of depth in this division that when Derby needed a midfielder due to injuries problems they asked for him. And Mr Gow has he been useless since he came back to the gate. I question what you know about football Mr Gow or is a personal thing.

In my opinion LJ is a good consistent model pro footballer. Ability wise he is average Championship standard and Im convinced if he was 6 inches taller he would be absolute quality at this level. The one thing I will never doubt about the wee fellow is he always gives his 100% best.

What is beginning to really pee me off is so called fans who obviously have a problem with his dad then taking out their frustrations on LJ. Im not a fan of GJ The Ego anymore either but please lets not makes a scapegoat of Lee in the process. Amen.

GJ, PJ and KM out. LJ to stay.

Thank you, Great Post 100% agree with you there mate,clapping.gif

The loan move to Derby did him wonder's for his confidence and i feel he's come back a different player.

i dont, he is paid a massive salary, which makes upfor any grief he gets from the stands at ashton gate. he could always do himself a favour and hand a transfer request in if he doesnt like it.

How do you know he is payed a massive salary??? i doubt he is one of the club's top earner's.

Heard he a good game until the sending off.

Yes according to reports played really well i know its a league below and Hartlepool aren't the greatest of teams but surely with Sno And Marvin Elliott out he should have stayed . Bringing him back from Derby was a bad error of judgement just when it seemed that he had settled there, ok they brought Tongue another midfielder in but surely it was a new challenge to see if he could stay in the team.

Thank you, Great Post 100% agree with you there mate,clapping.gif

The loan move to Derby did him wonder's for his confidence and i feel he's come back a different player.

How do you know he is payed a massive salary??? i doubt he is one of the club's top earner's.

I have heard (on good authority) that he's paid £12K a week. But I don't think that's really relevant; quite a few players at our club are paid in excess of £5K/week. What is relevant is whether he is worth his place or not. Personally, I don't think he has been on most outings for the past couple of seasons - and there have been times when I simply can't understand why he hasn't been substituted due to a poor performance.

Today I made one of my rare posts suggesting that there is a conflict of interests in the manager having a brother who's the chief scout, and a son who's a regular first-team player. I believe that strongly and the more I see him picked, the more suspicious I become of GJ's managerial motives.

I also believe that we, as paying fans, have a right to air our views in the same way that team members have a right to earn monthly salaries i.r.o. many people's annual salary.

What I see in LJ's play is that he has no presence (due to his stature), he pulls out of challenges, doesn't have the legs (especially as the game goes on), hasn't a chance of ever winning a header and is prone to making quite a few mistakes. The argument against that is that he has so much of the ball that he's bound to make more mistakes.

I've been told (again on good authority, although I'm not prepared to name my source other than to say it's someone very close to the club), that LJ's stats show he makes a lot of passes, a high percentage of which are accurate. As the management team clearly uses such stats as determining factors in selecting the team, that would probably explain why he is always making the five-yard sideways/rearwards passes!

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe he simply is not good enough to be given such a regular place - and I cannot for the life of me understand why he's picked over the likes of Hartley and Sno. I make this judgement based on what I see at the Gate and the away games I attend, not what others are saying.

(Note that I also think a few other players are not worth of their first-team place, especially given that so many far better players - IMHO - seem to have to stick it out on the bench.)

I have heard (on good authority) that he's paid £12K a week.

Really? That's a hell of a lot considering he's by no means one of our top players! I thought up until this season Trundle was our gighest paid on 10k, so has he had an extension? Don't get me wrong I have no idea how much our players are on but this seems extorionate!

Really? That's a hell of a lot considering he's by no means one of our top players! I thought up until this season Trundle was our gighest paid on 10k, so has he had an extension? Don't get me wrong I have no idea how much our players are on but this seems extorionate!

Who knows? (Certainly the fans will never know!)

But it's what I was told by someone who I think probably has got a fair idea. It flabbergasted me, that's for sure!

I don't feel sorry for Lee Johnson not in the slightest.

He gets stick.....so what, many players have in the past, and no doubt many more will in future....That's football Johnson himself has admitted that.

As for the player, I don't rate him, Not in the slightest and also don't believe him to be a "gives a 100%" player like many state he is?

I very much see him as a Bottler, constantly bottles out of challenges and doesn't put a vital foot in where needed. - Personally I NEVER like bottlers, reminds me very much of Matt Hewlett in that aspect.

I don't mind him playing a fancy long range pass that doesn't come off, what I DO mind though is when he plays this ball and loses possession, instead of doing like others do and attempt to chase the ball down and make up for his mistake, he just casually jogs back down field and let someone else deal with his failing, for me that is not a player giving 100% and it's happened on so many occasions it's not even funny.

He's also given more chances to recover from poor games than probably any player in the squad possibly along with Marv, Marv however will make up for poor games by having a blinder, whereas Johnson can have 3/4 poor games and still not get dropped, whereas someone like Gavin Williams, Hartley or Clarkson will have 2/3 good games, one bad performance and they are "rotated" out of the team.

It also annoys me how on soo many occasions we have to change our tactics and formations to accomodate him in the team, apart from when we had Noble, I've not really seen to many performances where a 3 man midfield has been justified and he's done enough to make it work, however...for 2/3 seasons we've done it regularly to accomdate him?

Lack of goals, lack of assists, poor set pieces have been a consistant issues since we've been in this division and when your also not putting a foot in defensively, you need to question what he adds to the team?

Hartley, Skuse, Sno, Elliott and Williams all better players than him BY A DISTANCE their goals/assists and performances back that up, and yet he's constantly selected?

I'm sorry, but he's a DREADFUL player and simply not fit to wear the Shirt - When Gary Johnson leaves, he'll be out the door within 6months WITHOUT DOUBT,

Sorry....just my view

I have heard (on good authority) that he's paid £12K a week. But I don't think that's really relevant; quite a few players at our club are paid in excess of £5K/week.

I'm sorry, but you've been told complete and utter rubbish. There isn't and NEVER has been any player in our history who earns 10k per week as basic salary and that is something that Lansdown will ensure stays in place until we become a Premier League Club.

I'm sorry, but he's a DREADFUL player and simply not fit to wear the Shirt - When Gary Johnson leaves, he'll be out the door within 6months WITHOUT DOUBT,

Sorry....just my view

You give him six months? I'd wager it'll be a lot less!

I'll also wager that he'll end up playing for the team that GJ eventually goes on to managing!

I have heard (on good authority) that he's paid £12K a week. But I don't think that's really relevant; quite a few players at our club are paid in excess of £5K/week. What is relevant is whether he is worth his place or not. Personally, I don't think he has been on most outings for the past couple of seasons - and there have been times when I simply can't understand why he hasn't been substituted due to a poor performance.

Today I made one of my rare posts suggesting that there is a conflict of interests in the manager having a brother who's the chief scout, and a son who's a regular first-team player. I believe that strongly and the more I see him picked, the more suspicious I become of GJ's managerial motives.

I also believe that we, as paying fans, have a right to air our views in the same way that team members have a right to earn monthly salaries i.r.o. many people's annual salary.

What I see in LJ's play is that he has no presence (due to his stature), he pulls out of challenges, doesn't have the legs (especially as the game goes on), hasn't a chance of ever winning a header and is prone to making quite a few mistakes. The argument against that is that he has so much of the ball that he's bound to make more mistakes.

I've been told (again on good authority, although I'm not prepared to name my source other than to say it's someone very close to the club), that LJ's stats show he makes a lot of passes, a high percentage of which are accurate. As the management team clearly uses such stats as determining factors in selecting the team, that would probably explain why he is always making the five-yard sideways/rearwards passes!

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe he simply is not good enough to be given such a regular place - and I cannot for the life of me understand why he's picked over the likes of Hartley and Sno. I make this judgement based on what I see at the Gate and the away games I attend, not what others are saying.

(Note that I also think a few other players are not worth of their first-team place, especially given that so many far better players - IMHO - seem to have to stick it out on the bench.)

spot on i agree with the sentiments of your post, lj does seem to favour the sideways pass!!! icant for the life of me see how lj can keep out a current scottish international, or a cultured dutchman both of whom i would glady hand over my cash to watch every week.

I'm sorry, but you've been told complete and utter rubbish. There isn't and NEVER has been any player in our history who earns 10k per week as basic salary and that is something that Lansdown will ensure stays in place until we become a Premier League Club.

Like I said, we'll never know unless the FA insists on some form of transparency in players' wages.

However, I think you are wrong; it's well documented that LT was brought to this club on a £10K/w deal.

It's all rather irrelevant, though, as I said in my original post. We know, as footie fans, that players' wages now bear no relation to the 'real world'. However, the best players get paid more... and I don't think LJ should be paid in accordance with that ethos.

So Hartley was on less than 10K aweek at Celtic. And felt sorry for us a thought now i will move me and my family to Bristol for £9,000 aweek.

I don't feel sorry for Lee Johnson not in the slightest.

He gets stick.....so what, many players have in the past, and no doubt many more will in future....That's football Johnson himself has admitted that.

As for the player, I don't rate him, Not in the slightest and also don't believe him to be a "gives a 100%" player like many state he is?

I very much see him as a Bottler, constantly bottles out of challenges and doesn't put a vital foot in where needed. - Personally I NEVER like bottlers, reminds me very much of Matt Hewlett in that aspect.

I don't mind him playing a fancy long range pass that doesn't come off, what I DO mind though is when he plays this ball and loses possession, instead of doing like others do and attempt to chase the ball down and make up for his mistake, he just casually jogs back down field and let someone else deal with his failing, for me that is not a player giving 100% and it's happened on so many occasions it's not even funny.

He's also given more chances to recover from poor games than probably any player in the squad possibly along with Marv, Marv however will make up for poor games by having a blinder, whereas Johnson can have 3/4 poor games and still not get dropped, whereas someone like Gavin Williams, Hartley or Clarkson will have 2/3 good games, one bad performance and they are "rotated" out of the team.

It also annoys me how on soo many occasions we have to change our tactics and formations to accomodate him in the team, apart from when we had Noble, I've not really seen to many performances where a 3 man midfield has been justified and he's done enough to make it work, however...for 2/3 seasons we've done it regularly to accomdate him?

Lack of goals, lack of assists, poor set pieces have been a consistant issues since we've been in this division and when your also not putting a foot in defensively, you need to question what he adds to the team?

Hartley, Skuse, Sno, Elliott and Williams all better players than him BY A DISTANCE their goals/assists and performances back that up, and yet he's constantly selected?

Sorry....just my view

You say Marv first time i heard that on here usally Elliott interesting. When somebody says my name who knows me they shorten it.

Interesting point about stats. If so much is made of them then that could explain why nobody takes a chance and tries to split the opposing defence preferring to take the easy way out and pass short to a team-mate in space. Doesn't explain why LJ was so high in the "assist" stats recently though? I guess you could read anything into them.l

TBH I felt sorry for LJ on Saturday he was getting the ball in some good forward positions but everyone was so static he didn't have an outlet and the Reading team had two people on him every time he got the ball. What annoys me the most is that when LJ hits a mis place pass groan after groan, yet Saturday Skuse had an ideal chance to get Campbell-Ryce on a break and where did the ball go 15 yards in front of him and out for a throw, on the concensus on the terrace Unlucky Skusey!!!!!!

That is double standards!

He is so out of depth in this division that when Derby needed a midfielder due to injuries problems they asked for him. And Mr Gow has he been useless since he came back to the gate. I question what you know about football Mr Gow or is a personal thing.

Judging by what several thousand city fans see from LJ every week i would suggest that really its you that dosnt know your football very well sir

Archived