IGNORED

Our Chairman - Business Or Pleasure

Sniper

Having Steve Lansdown at the helm of our club must give us all a warm feeling of security what with all these other clubs going into administration, or at worst being completely wiped off the face of the earth.

With Steve in charge I feel we will always have a club to support. I'm not sure of the financial figures but with his money and the other directors adding in their share we'd be buggered without them.

Now with setups like Man Utd with the Glaziers and Man City with Sheikh Mansour I'm sure it's just business unless I've missed something, and the Glaziers are Man Utd fans and Sheikh Mansour is a Man City Fan?

With Steve its different, as we all know what a successful business man he is, but we also know that he is also a MASSIVE Bristol City FAN.

So with that in mind, and with all his money, don't you think it's time he took just a slight gamble?

Of course I don't mean being stupid (Simon Jordon springs too mind) and put the club in trouble, but Steve DOES HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THINGS and being A FAN is it a nice position too be in? or do you think sometimes

he'd be better off not being a fan and just have an interest in BCFC as purely business?

He could get rid of Gary? but any decent replacement will cost so does he have a gamble? Once again, not too put the club in trouble but a bit extra to get in someone with a bit more quality and the ability to one day get us to the promised land.

He could spend a bit more on players i.e Clarkson £800,000 so why not someone else with a bit more quality for say £1.5 Million? have a gamble? (£700,000 extra ain't going to bankrupt us but could have us at the top of the table i.e. FOREST)

Steve has always backed any manager with money but does he have a limit? or is it that the managers have never asked for a huge amount? I suspect they have, but have been turned down, but who really knows what goes on behind the scenes.

OK 2.25 million for Maynard was a lot but we need a few more players like that if we plan on going places?

If not we will most probably always be a mid table CHAMPIONSHIP team ( I know, we are looking over of shoulders at the moment! but we will stay up, just!) and us as fans can all stop dreaming about the Premier as it ain't going to happen

without quality players (i.e. a new back 4 for starters) OK we nearly fluked it in our first season but we would have had to buy nearly a whole new team to have had any chance of just staying up. God help us if Gary has said 'these players got

us up so deserve their chance' my god 5-0 6-0 every week, we'd have been a joke!

OK we are always being told that players don't want to come to us, which of course, if true is not good, BUT MONEY TALKS and like everyone else I don't want any big time Charlies coming in just for the money, but how many players do we

miss out on for just a few thousand more.

We are also terrible in getting anyone decent in on loan. Doncaster somehow managed to get Jay Emmanuel-Thomas who is tearing teams too shreds. Why can't we get this sort of quality in? Do we have a scouting issue?

STEVE WE ALL SALUTE YOU BUT YOU COULD CHANGE THINGS AROUND IF YOU WANTED AND TAKE A BIT (not BIG) OF A GAMBLE TO GET US A BIT MORE QUALITY. AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU'RE THE ONLY FAN I KNOW OF THAT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Archived