IGNORED

Away Pubs In Plymouth?

Clarky89

Looking forward to the game in Plymouth during mid week, just hoping its pay on the night now, which I'm sure it should be! Any people that have been there in the last few seasons find any decent away pubs for City fans to bevvie up in and have a good sing before going to that terrible, terrible ground of theres?

Looking forward to the game in Plymouth during mid week, just hoping its pay on the night now, which I'm sure it should be! Any people that have been there in the last few seasons find any decent away pubs for City fans to bevvie up in and have a good sing before going to that terrible, terrible ground of theres?

Britannia is ok if you just want a quiet pint/food. Probably best not going in there for a sing song though. Other than the city centre there is an area called Mutley (I'm not making it up honest!!) which is within walking distance of the ground. There is a wetherspoons (Called the Mannamead) a sports type bar (boomerangs) and a real ale pub (Fortiscue) along with another half dozen more. Plenty of takeways in the area as well.

One I would avoid is called the Cherry Tree which you will pass if you come off the A38 where Home Park is sign posted- it is to the right of you when you arrive at the first set of traffic lights. Going back a few years there was a fair amount of trouble in there and some of the locals have long memorys.

Union Rooms is ok but a bit of a trek from there. You could park up around the Student campus area and there are a few pubs that will be naturally cheap but also filled with students.

The roundabout is directly opposite I think.. cheap food/booze. smile.gif

Definite student pub but it does sell Old Rosie. If you start there and work you way up through Mutley it is a good old pub crawl!! Being a man of high standards whistle.gif I will be having a few in the Dolphin on the Barbican - superb pint of Bass before heading up to Mutley area.

Ah... the Cherry Tree incident. Wandered up there for a quiet pint with a mate only to find a big mob being chased down the road by an axeman and a trashed pub and car salesroom. A little too wild west.

Didn't stop us popping in to have a pint though! Funny old game.

Archived