IGNORED

What Would You Have Done, And Where Do We Go?

roadyred

Greetings to all from OZ,

So im currently on my travels, been away for 6months now and what a dramatic turnaround its been! Ive been a ST holder for many years, and the previous 2 seasons have been nothing short of brilliant in my book. Ive been getting up at ridiculous times of the morning to listen to city on the player, and check the forum every couple days. i dont have the advantage (or the misfortune as it may be) to not see the games but im startled at some of the comments and posts regarding GJ and city. After reading thousands of posts regarding what city are dong wrong and all the bad off field decisions i sat down and thought what would i do. I thought if i had the chance to sign Hartley, Nyatanga, Clarkson, Haynes.. would i, my answer is 100% yes. i then thought if i were in that position would i have signed JCR, yes.. would i have let LJ go to Derby..def yes. Would i have got a Costa Rican with a good record (i think) ..possibly. Would i have signed Agyeman, i would'nt, even with the benefit of hindsight. Would i have let McIndoe leave since he no longer wanted to play for the club (i think that was th reason)..yes.. Would i let LT go on loan..yeah. Would i have got a genuine left winger replacement..i dont see how you can afford not to..

Now im not naive enough to think that these players have a direct correlation to our league standings...not even close. And i know that it stems more to the team selections, injuries, lack of cover ie left back..etc. but i just wanted to know if you were in that position would you have done the same, and what would you do now?. there appears to be plenty of comments damning GJ at the moment, but not many with a solution to the problem other then a new manager. Is this squad not good enough for top 6, or is it more to do with management issues..i have a feeling that will be the case, but as ive been away for so long and not been at the gate i only get to read about how we should'nt have signed player x, or released player y.

I for one certainly go along with the notion that if you cant regularly field a similar 11 then how can you form cohesion?. You can practice all you like but its no substitute for playing as a team on a saturday afternoon. Surely the only way to go, ( and i would imagine one of the first things you'd learn as a manager) is to pick your best players in their correct positions, and work from there.. go back to what you know..and even if you lose you have a framework to build upon..has that happened this year? or has it been changed week to week?

Sorry for length of post, its been a while. I would hate to see GJ leave, and i would love for him to find a solution, i would just like to know som eof your feelings/opinions of how this would be achieved in your eyes, with him at the helm and your benefit of seeing the matches.

Thanks Guys, RR

We have no leaders on the pitch.

When a team is in trouble, they look to their experienced players and all we get from our captain is moaning at everyone else instead of inspiring everyone.

So basically our defence hasn't got a leader, our midfield hasn't got a leader unless Hartley plays and our strikers are inexperienced at this level.

The defence have no confidence in Gerken and visa versa, our midfield is lightweight (when Marv isn't around) so we have to play with a central 3 and our strikers aren't strong enough or clever enough to hold the ball up until the midfield support.

As for GJs signings, on paper everyone would have signed them but for some reason they haven't gelled, be that because of tactics, motivation or something else.

BCAGFC

thanks for the reply and an interesting one. Im surprised Carey's struggling to motivate the team, something ive never seen him struggle with. I wonder maybe with many new players, and bigger profile players he doesnt have the same influence as he used to...By the sounds of it we have done well to get as many points as we have...

Archived