IGNORED

What Striker Would You Like To See On Loan

ollywhyte

It looks like City will be bringing Stefan Mairhoffer to the Gate, the 6 foot 8 foward looks set to complete his deal today and possibly find himself at Argyle tommorow.

But is he the right man?

Who do you think we could realisticly sign on loan - WHAT ABOUT Sylvan Ebanks-Blake,Danny Webber, Vokes from Wolves, Steven Thompson, Jason Roberts or David Hoilett. All of which are speculated for loan deals to the Championship. So who do you want?

If we're making loan signings we should bring in a left back, left winger or centre half on loan - you know - a position where we actually need a player?

I do agree with that statement, but youve got to admit Iwelumo was class. And if we can get another striker like him we will be fine.

In a number of recent games the defence has been all over the shop, the midfield non-existent, and the strikers have had no service of note. Maybe our problem is not actually with the strikers. Our last two away goals have been quality, created from nothing, how many actual chances have we created away from home since QPR? I certainly cannot recall many, I think we had one chance at Ipswich (CI), one at Reading (JCR), I can't recall any at Middlesboro.

As for the original question, based on past experience of Johnson striker signings, I prefer to expect nobody of any great quality, that way I will not be disappointed. And if they are any good, a few weeks playing for City will soon knock any sign of quality out of them.

I do agree with that statement, but youve got to admit Iwelumo was class. And if we can get another striker like him we will be fine.

I don't think Iwelumo was class, we've got worse results with him in the side than we did without him. (5 points in 7 games with, 40 points in 29 games without).

We don't need a striker because it won't fix the problems we have.

I don't think Iwelumo was class, we've got worse results with him in the side than we did without him. (5 points in 7 games with, 40 points in 29 games without).

We don't need a striker because it won't fix the problems we have.

Although that is a bad record, in fairness to Iwelumo he pretty much single handedly got those points (Crystal Place and WBA) so i think he mad a big difference. And clearly the strikers are part off the problem, i think i heard that goal v Palce was our first away goal since boxing day.

Actually I need to correct myself, it was P7 W2 D2 L3 - still worse than the rest of the season though.

I really still don't think strikers are anything to do with the problem, yes we aren't scoring but it's not like we're missing chances either.

Overall its just the whole team. I think its time for a few starting line-up changes, its clear that the team needs a kick up the backside. I think key players should be left out of the squad to prove a point. Maynard needs to hit form as well as the defense and most of our midfield. JMC needs to live up to expectations and become more confident with the ball a bot like Haynes then i think things will work out.

It looks like City will be bringing Stefan Mairhoffer to the Gate, the 6 foot 8 foward looks set to complete his deal today and possibly find himself at Argyle tommorow.

But is he the right man?

Who do you think we could realisticly sign on loan - WHAT ABOUT Sylvan Ebanks-Blake,Danny Webber, Vokes from Wolves, Steven Thompson, Jason Roberts or David Hoilett. All of which are speculated for loan deals to the Championship. So who do you want?

We Don't need forwards!

Talk of 6ft 8 forwards suggests the intention to persevere with the failing tactic of; knock it up to the big chap and see what happens.

I just can't believe it!

Archived