IGNORED

The Gary Johnson Is Amazing

Davros

Bog off out of this thread !

So you want to keep a manager who doesn't know his best formation, 11, centreback pairing and last bit not least forward partnership, remind me how many strikers he has used and how much money he has wasted on wages in the process?!! Still 6 weeks of the season left maybe he will get it by May!

So you want to keep a manager who doesn't know hos best formation, 11, centreback pairing and last bit not least forward partnership, remind me how many strikers he has used and how much money he has wasted on wages in the process?!!

Unless I've misread the title this post is for people who want the manager to stay, not a debate on the various merits or otherwise of GJ, therefore I won't. Childish ? Possibly.

You mean the play-off final where are manager thought it would be a good idea to move our then player of the season to right back in order to accomodate LJ in midfield?

That's the game. Where we deservedly finished fourth over the course of a whole season including many games where LJ played. And we deservedly got to the play-off final after beating Crystal Palace.

Did you say you wanted rid of GJ on the long drive up the M4?

Unless I've misread the title this post is for people who want the manager to stay, not a debate on the various merits or otherwise of GJ, therefore I won't. Childish ? Possibly.

STRIKERS & FORWARDS 27

Maynard

Styvar

Trundle

McGammon

John

Saborio

Haynes

Sproule

McIndoe..10

Clarkson

Akinde

Betsy

Velicka

Quinn

Showunmi

Stewart

Byfield

Corr

Andrews..20

Andrew

Ageyamang

Iwelumo

Maierhofer

Savage

Jevons

Adebola

Smith

Brooker

John..30

McIndoe

Cotterill

Murray

JMW

Stambolsiev

Madjo

Gillespie

Bridges

JCR

Plummer

sorry if I missed one!

I will leave you to it, everyone is entitled to their opinionsand I genuinely respect yours as a supporter of Bristol City and it's current manager, however I don't agree and was merely posting an argument to the original post, goodbye and sorry for encroaching on your thread.

Could have always moved Carey to right back and put Mccombe in the central defence. That was the logical decison. Nevermind, it was only the biggest game in City's history.
McCoombe was ill, so we had Vasko as defensive cover, although if he was not good enough to cover for an injured defender, you do wonder what was the point of him being on the bench. I understood the thinking behind the decision, but even at the time thought it was completely wrong.

BTW - I would add that GJ had a tough decision, made harder by the fact that the sub is his son, and the fact that Vasko had not really impressed. Once I heard about McCoombe, I thought that we should have had lots of swallowed pride, and put Richard Keogh on the bench as defensive cover.

I personally think that history will be very kind to GJ when in the future we look back at his time as BCFC manager.

Hope I'm wrong but I have doubts that we will be able to attract the calibre of manager able to take us on to that 'next level'.

If GJ does move on in the summer then Steve Lansdown will have to make another very shrewd appointment, as I believe GJ was at the time.

Yep, I still rate GJ as one of the greatest city manager's of my time.

This talk of him ruining the club is absolutely pathetic. I just wish the GJ haters could understand that football at this level if far from easy and very competitive.

Mid table is very respectable.

Davros - I take it that you did not go to Reading or Sheff Utd? They are probably the worst of some dire away performances.

You could equally argue that since the Reading away win last season we have had-

Confused tactics, no set formation, numerous poor signings, not a Scooby about best strike force or best team, no balance to the squad, no improvement in youth players (You can backdate that one!), utterly dull football, and spending a lot of money to make the team a lot worse.

I don't think that anyone is being vindictive, most of us appreciate his past achievements, and think that a change is needed if the Club is to progress, and stay relatively solvent. I can safely say that in just over 30 years watching City home and away, this has been one of the least enjoyable seasons I have watched. Never mind, signing yet another striker will cure all of the problems!

On the bright side, the end of the season is nearly here!

Watford and Crystal Palace

Watford Horrible Loss

Palace Horrible Win

But you have to be realistic that 100% good all the time = Chelsea and Man Utd and that we are not. However you have to somtimes accept your in a transitional season. If you take the West Brom game we were awsome.

STRIKERS & FORWARDS 27

Maynard

Styvar

Trundle

McGammon

John

Saborio

Haynes

Sproule

McIndoe..10

Clarkson

Akinde

Betsy

Velicka

Quinn

Showunmi

Stewart

Byfield

Corr

Andrews..20

Andrew

Ageyamang

Iwelumo

Maierhofer

Savage

Jevons

Adebola

Smith

Brooker

John..30

McIndoe

Cotterill

Murray

JMW

Stambolsiev

Madjo

Gillespie

Bridges

JCR

Plummer

sorry if I missed one!

I will leave you to it, everyone is entitled to their opinionsand I genuinely respect yours as a supporter of Bristol City and it's current manager, however I don't agree and was merely posting an argument to the original post, goodbye and sorry for encroaching on your thread.

OK how in 5 season thats not bad when you consider that a lot of that list are either failed acadamy or loans and midfeilders of which over 5 seasons 20 is about average turnover which i believe shows you up as the vindictive little sod you are :)

This thread I think shows how the majority are apathetic and the minority hijack every thread and turn it into an anti johnson thread.

Maynard (Quality)

Styvar (Mistake that could not have been forseen)

Trundle (Failed at chamionship as shown with his form at swansea way more games and about the same amount of goals not enough to warrent regualr first team football)

McGammon (Please ....)

John (Cover for Adebola)

Saborio (Epic Failure)

Haynes (Quality)

Sproule (Quality)

McIndoe..10 (Quality but had his time)

Clarkson (Quality)

Akinde (OK)

Betsy (Quality but did his time)

Velicka (Who will know)

Quinn (Short Loan)

Showunmi (Not good enough at CL)

Stewart (Tinion Signed Him)

Byfield (Quality but did his time also)

Corr (Short Loan did he every have a contract?)

Andrews..20

Andrew

Ageyamang (Crap but no permanant damage)

Iwelumo (Short Loan but quality and needed)

Maierhofer (Has that happened yet?)

Savage (Needed at the time, not sure he was johnson signing though)

Jevons (Got us promoted but past his bet for championship)

Adebola (Did well, but dicked us about)

Smith (Did he play?)

Brooker (Not johnsons signing and constatution of a 90 women)

John..30 (Handy player for akinde but little other point)

McIndoe (Twice yeah?)

Cotterill (Youth product came on under johnson and made us a tidy 2 million)

Murray (Absolute GOD but past his chamionship)

JMW (Light weight acadamy failure)

Stambolsiev (Light weight acadamy failure)

Madjo (Pants and not here for long)

Gillespie (Light weight acadamy failure)

Bridges (Not johnsons signing and constatution of a 90 women)

JCR (Looks Quality tbh)

Plummer (Light weight acadamy failure it think were at the point where we can say this)

OK how in 5 season thats not bad when you consider that a lot of that list are either failed acadamy or loans and midfeilders of which over 5 seasons 20 is about average turnover which i believe shows you up as the vindictive little sod you are smile.gif

This thread I think shows how the majority are apathetic and the minority hijack every thread and turn it into an anti johnson thread.

Maynard (Quality)

Styvar (Mistake that could not have been forseen)

Trundle (Failed at chamionship as shown with his form at swansea way more games and about the same amount of goals not enough to warrent regualr first team football)

McGammon (Please ....)

John (Cover for Adebola)

Saborio (Epic Failure)

Haynes (Quality)

Sproule (Quality)

McIndoe..10 (Quality but had his time)

Clarkson (Quality)

Akinde (OK)

Betsy (Quality but did his time)

Velicka (Who will know)

Quinn (Short Loan)

Showunmi (Not good enough at CL)

Stewart (Tinion Signed Him)

Byfield (Quality but did his time also)

Corr (Short Loan did he every have a contract?)

Andrews..20

Andrew

Ageyamang (Crap but no permanant damage)

Iwelumo (Short Loan but quality and needed)

Maierhofer (Has that happened yet?)

Savage (Needed at the time, not sure he was johnson signing though)

Jevons (Got us promoted but past his bet for championship)

Adebola (Did well, but dicked us about)

Smith (Did he play?)

Brooker (Not johnsons signing and constatution of a 90 women)

John..30 (Handy player for akinde but little other point)

McIndoe (Twice yeah?)

Cotterill (Youth product came on under johnson and made us a tidy 2 million)

Murray (Absolute GOD but past his chamionship)

JMW (Light weight acadamy failure)

Stambolsiev (Light weight acadamy failure)

Madjo (Pants and not here for long)

Gillespie (Light weight acadamy failure)

Bridges (Not johnsons signing and constatution of a 90 women)

JCR (Looks Quality tbh)

Plummer (Light weight acadamy failure it think were at the point where we can say this)

As an Ernest- Seeker- After -Truth. I ask if all graduates of the academy are "Light Weight" and "failures ".

Where and how did Rob Stambolsiev fail ? (apart perhaps, for asking for too much money ?)

Gary Johnson can be the man to take City forward from here but he does have to look critically at the performance of everyone this season, especially himself.

I don't doubt that most of the decisions were made with good intentions but he'll have to ask himself what he could have done differently and what he could have done better.

Most importantly, he needs to look at where the club is now and where he wants it to be and work out what steps need to be done to go from one to the other. Again, this may require him to recognise where he can change himself for the better. For instance, in the past he's dealt with "troublemaker" players by moving them on, which is fine at the lower level where like for like replacements can be brought in cheaply. At this level it is harder to replace a quality player so maybe he could save himself from having to do so by altering the way in which he deals with them.

I am still supportive of Johnson and I want him to bring more success to the club, but I recognise that he has to change himself to do so. That is his challenge and I would like to see him given time to do so.

yet again just becuase he did a good job 3 years ago that means we should keep him this is crazy- ward got us promoted why isnt he manager- wilson got us near a couple of times why isnt he still manager.

i wish people would stop living in the past and just look at the present. :doh:

So how do we appoint a new manager once you've sacked GJ? What do we look at? Not their past performance? Do we just take a lucky dip? Pick by how pretty their name sounds? Or the Newcastle route and appoint Bob Taylor to save us? Worked well for them - who needs to look at what a manager has done in the past?

Surely past performance is the best indicator of skill level and GJ's past performance is excellent. We arent even in the relegation zone, we're mid-table in a division where Reading are about to go from relegation to playoffs in a few games.

We are around the level a club like ours should be at the moment. And this is first time we have been at this level. So a better way to look at it is GJ is currently performing as he should and previously he has over-performed.

Why do you not buy yourself a couple of rough patches with 4 years of over-performance? To me, that seems reasonable.

I know all we've had for years is moaning and so it's habitual amongst City fans at the first sign of trouble. But I cant help but feel if we don't nip this is bud, then we are about to badly shoot ourselves in the foot.

STRIKERS & FORWARDS 27

Maynard

Styvar

Trundle

McGammon

John

Saborio

Haynes

Sproule

McIndoe..10

Clarkson

Akinde

Betsy

Velicka

Quinn

Showunmi

Stewart

Byfield

Corr

Andrews..20

Andrew

Ageyamang

Iwelumo

Maierhofer

Savage

Jevons

Adebola

Smith

Brooker

John..30

McIndoe

Cotterill

Murray

JMW

Stambolsiev

Madjo

Gillespie

Bridges

JCR

Plummer

sorry if I missed one!

Jesus Christ, barring Dele, Mcindoe and Murray thats a sorry pile of sh*t, almost forgot some of these wasters

Archived