IGNORED

Dowie To Hull

CotswoldRed

In fairness with all the talk of GJ needing to go.. and I agree to some extent on that.. there isn't exactly a good list of contenders out there as a replacement are there?

In fairness with all the talk of GJ needing to go.. and I agree to some extent on that.. there isn't exactly a good list of contenders out there as a replacement are there?

Not really, but we only need 1 manager, and he's available :)

Well, they did say that lots of manager turned the Hull job down, and tbf in some ways ours could be more attractive. Hull are most likely going down, and if they do thats them up the proverbial creek financially, whereas we have a supportive chairman and a new stadium on the way. There's at least as much chance, if not more, of us being a Premier League club in 3 years than HUll.

Not really, but we only need 1 manager, and he's available :)

you cant be on about Curbishly or Coppell then because both of them have said they will only go to Prem clubs. Are you talking about Phil Brown because I think that would be a step back from GJ.

you cant be on about Curbishly or Coppell then because both of them have said they will only go to Prem clubs. Are you talking about Phil Brown because I think that would be a step back from GJ.

I am talking about Coppell. If we took everything someone says in football as read ...

I agree it is unlikely, but then Coppell has hardly managed a top team in the Prem has he - how many Prem clubs would want him? Its the sort of relatively low profile job with lots of potential that I think he would enjoy. He also likes working with a decent chairman.

Agreed. It may not be a case of SL deciding to stick with GJ, it might be more the case that he has found there is no-one better available to take over at the moment.

Some might prefer that GJ goes whatever, even if SL was forced to put Millen in charge as a caretaker.

I wouldn't, as far as I'm concerned that would be the worst possible outcome and, if GJ goes, Millen MUST go too.

It would hardly be fair on a new manager to install him this week anyway - asking him to take over this team to face a rampant Newcastle in his first game would be condemning him to a humiliating start and an immediate ignominious blot on his fledgling BCFC management career.

Agreed. It may not be a case of SL deciding to stick with GJ, it might be more the case that he has found there is no-one better available to take over at the moment.

Some might prefer that GJ goes whatever, even if SL was forced to put Millen in charge as a caretaker.

I wouldn't, as far as I'm concerned that would be the worst possible outcome and, if GJ goes, Millen MUST go too.

It would hardly be fair on a new manager to install him this week anyway - asking him to take over this team to face a rampant Newcastle in his first game would be condemning him to a humiliating start and an immediate ignominious blot on his fledgling BCFC management career.

In many ways it would be a good time for a new man to start as were expecting a tonking at the weekend anyway, so no blame attached to the new encumbant.

In many ways it would be a good time for a new man to start as were expecting a tonking at the weekend anyway, so no blame attached to the new encumbant.

Not really fair that we'd always remember his first game as a tonking, particularly as it's going out live to the nation.

Presuming we suffer that tonking on Saturday whoever's in charge, Barnsley would be a far better first game - at home and with a real chance to start off by inspiring the team to a welcome point at least.

Also a (nother) home humiliation would be a far more appropriate time to part company with GJ - SL would have very few arguments from even GJ's staunchest supporters if he were to act at that stage.

Sir Alex, Wenger, O'Neil, the Special 1, Moyes. Thats about it, the only ones I would replace GJ with.

Keep your no experince ex manu rejects, thanks.

GJ is better than most gaffers in this league, just bloody annoyibng we have having problems on the pithc, GJ will sort it out though.

Thank God he's gone to Hull. He lived near my home in Harpenden for a while. He'll take his even uglier brother, Bob, to Hull with him. They really are a comedy double act.

At least Iain played at a decent level. I think the best Bob managed was St Albans City.

If I was a Hull fan I'd walk away now and not renew my season ticket until the Dowie brothers had been sent south again.

Pheewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Why do clubs go for these no mark, no clue managers like Dowie, he's done nothing exept pick up redundancy chequues!

Shocking appointment by Hull. Bet their fans are happy .... !!

Surely this is why not all fans have been clamouring for GJ's dismissal in recent months. There is a real danger that we could jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

If it had not been Phil Brown sacked but Gary Johnson, it could well have have been us welcoming Dowie as our new manager and how would this forum read then?

Are fans a little too overoptimistic about likely replacements, should GJ go. Dowie is the uneccaptable face of reality.

Sir Alex, Wenger, O'Neil, the Special 1, Moyes. Thats about it, the only ones I would replace GJ with.

Keep your no experince ex manu rejects, thanks.

GJ is better than most gaffers in this league, just bloody annoyibng we have having problems on the pithc, GJ will sort it out though.

You're joking. right?

Just who are you blaming for the 'problems' on the pitch? Even my Granny, and she's been dead for fourteen years, can see that the buck stops firmly at the feet of Gary Johnson.

Archived