IGNORED

Question

interested to know, Now that our expectations have been heightened by the promotion and play off seasons, The biggest problem held by most fans is the lack of entertaining, free flowing, pass and go attacking football.

Given that most promoted teams with the exception WBA and Birmingham tend to play dour route one football (which we hate) if at some stage in future we end up in the Premier League, Would we accept this style of football for the prestige of being in the Premier League.

interested to know, Now that our expectations have been heightened by the promotion and play off seasons, The biggest problem held by most fans is the lack of entertaining, free flowing, pass and go attacking football.

Given that most promoted teams with the exception WBA and Birmingham tend to play dour route one football (which we hate) if at some stage in future we end up in the Premier League, Would we accept this style of football for the prestige of being in the Premier League.

question....under Gary Johnson and co, do you really think we will come any where near the Premier League in the future?

Birmingham DID play dire football to get out of this division, but played a settled side week in week out, there manager also spent his money wisely, unlike some!!.

I'm not fussed about the Premier money league, i just want a team to play some decent football and a team that i actually look forward to spending my saturday afternoons watching.

The Championship is the limit IMO for our size of club, thats not being negative but realistic.

I deliberately did'nt mention GJ as I did'nt want this hijacked as another anti GJ thread.

Listen, the way I look at it is this, entertainment value being "fast flowing, good football" is a myth......football is a result driven business. You enjoy it more when you are winning! Simple as that.

If I had the choice to see City bore themselves to the Premier League 1-0 ala Wigan each week, or see us stick to being a below mid table team who wins 3-2 one week, but lose 4-3 the next...I know which I would rather have

Listen, the way I look at it is this, entertainment value being "fast flowing, good football" is a myth......football is a result driven business. You enjoy it more when you are winning! Simple as that.

If I had the choice to see City bore themselves to the Premier League 1-0 ala Wigan each week, or see us stick to being a below mid table team who wins 3-2 one week, but lose 4-3 the next...I know which I would rather have

So which one is it?

Who knows, nobody does. But base that question on past achivments and I would say yes.

I would love to one day come on here and say "you know what, I was so wrong, and I wish I had more faith in the manager when we were going through our 18 month bad patch"

I just dont see it. Hope im wrong though

Archived