IGNORED

Yeeeeeeesssss!

dazza247

Carey/Phillips what a pair of donkeys to concede a goal like that DISASTER.
had to happen, and nothing to be done to follow that because

1) we'd pretty much given up attacking when Burnell came on

2) everyone left it to PHILLIPS to send the ball upfield. Again.

3) Murray, who should have been brought on for Doc, was brought on 15min too late.

Guest eviltaxman
Carey/Phillips what a pair of donkeys to concede a goal like that DISASTER.
Carey had a fairly good game.......

But Phillips is my man of the match. OK, he made a mistake.. there were 10 others on the pitch that also made mistakes during the game. Maybe not as obvious as a goal, but he did keep us in it. (oh yes.. and the ref helped :P )

I know the medical staff seemed concerned about Tommy but he seemed fine and was passing it around at will!! As soon as Burnell came on we just didn't keep the ball, didn't attack and let Hartlepool attack us...when you do that it's going to make things difficult!! Burnell tries his hardest and tracks players well but surely we were crying out for Wilkshire; someone else who can pass the ball and spray it around to the flanks a bit. Tins was pretty anonymous as was Peacock(will never ever get subbed!!) and Roberts although they didn't have any service at all.

I suppose we were lucky we didn't concede a penalty but the ref couldn't have had a good view of it so couldn't possibly give it...but after that surely you have to be professional enough not to give every decision to the home-team just because they appealed for it. As for the goal while the statistics show we have the best defence in the Second-Division we still make too many stupid mistakes and don't seem to have had the firepower this season to make sure it counts at the other end..!!

We worked hard today but the second-half can't have put us in a good light in the national spot-light. Let's hope we really destroy them at Ashton Gate and show the kind of passion and attacking-quality that I know we can produce. Anyone else wishing Aaron Brown wasn't on crutches at the mo?! Is Mickey due back for Wednesday? It's going to be one tense night on Wednesday that's for sure, maybe even Extra-Time(please no!!)..!! We really have to be positive now, go for broke and batter them in the Second-Leg..!! I know we can do it...come on boys!!

Archived