IGNORED

Will The New Manager Be Given Everyones Full Backing And Support?

!james

reading this forum for years it is obvious we have a lot of fickle and unpatient fans who have strong feelings about who they want as the next manager, it is clear not everyone will agree with whoever is put in charge, what i find worrying is the amount of negative reaction certain managers names are recieving - Southgate and Phil Brown are both having a lot of negative comments on here, not everyone rates Coppell and Curbishley

If Southgate/Brown do get the job will we have fans with a vendetta to get them out from the first day (i.e robbored with GJ...)

I personally think Southgate would be a great catch for us, he is a young talented manager with a big future in the game. Coppell has had his day, and i do not think Curbishley is the man to take us forward (lots of rumours and stories of player unrest when he was at West Ham) Phil Brown would be a big capture but not my preference

We need all fans to fully get behind the new manager and his vision for taking our club forward, lets just hope he gets the chance with the fans on here

sorry Steve McClaren?! that would be a dream appointment for me! not in a thousand years would it happen but the guy is a quality manager with roots at our club

what has he acheived? made a career on being alex fergusons assistant

well the reason Alex Ferguson made him his assistant was because of his coaching ability at Derby, taking Derby up in his first season there with Jim Smith. to quote wikipedia " McClaren developed the reputation as one of the most tactically astute coaches in the country" did well at Boro and forget England but has now rebuilt his reputation at Twente who are joint top of the Dutch league last time i checked. again will never come here, but a great coach and manager

McLaren would be an amazing appointment. He would not come to us.

In his first season with Twente he finished 2nd despite losing his best player, Orlando Engelaar, which is the equivilent of breaking the English top four with a team like Blackburn. If check the Dutch Premier Division now, you will see that Twente are 5 points clear at the top. He is clearly a talented manager who was given the England job way too soon. There is no way he would come to us.

Yes - we need to. Apart from Hollowhead - who ever it is needs our support - GJ had all of our support for a few years but his selections, signings, performances and attitude led to many us waiting for him to go - whoever we get - we support him (or her)

<br />Southgate on tv now, at Barcelona. I think he looks happier than his usual depressing self...now I am really worried!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Southgate not available until after the world cup according to the Guardian as to why he wasn't in the frame for the Hull job.

If Hoddle, Southgate or McLaren get the job - I will seriously consider not renewing....

I'm not paying to see my club go from bad to terrible and know its gonna happen!

Just wondering why you hate McLaren so much! Isit purely down to the England fiasco or other reasons as well? Because I've always thought he's been a very good manager at club level. (Admittedly he did royally f ** k-up with England!) Not that he'd come anyway, he'd hardly leave Twente who are top of the Dutch League for us!

Just wondering why you hate McLaren so much! Isit purely down to the England fiasco or other reasons as well? Because I've always thought he's been a very good manager at club level. (Admittedly he did royally f ** k-up with England!) Not that he'd come anyway, he'd hardly leave Twente who are top of the Dutch League for us!

He has proved to be inept - he may well be doing well in the not so competitive dutch league, but when he has been in england what has he done?!

I'm just against managers who are just 'big names' and nothing else but average or poor managers...

Someone said what a great coach he is - does not make a good manager though does it?

He has proved to be inept - he may well be doing well in the not so competitive dutch league, but when he has been in england what has he done?!

I'm just against managers who are just 'big names' and nothing else but average or poor managers...

Someone said what a great coach he is - does not make a good manager though does it?

OK he was crap for England but he's not a 'big name' for doing nowt. Took Boro to the final of the uefa cup and guided them to their highest ever place in the top flight.

If Phil Brown gets it. jesus what a choice watch our beloved City or watch his cock ups gallery...would rather stick with GJ than Brown

I may be wrong but I don't think Brown can get another job at the moment because he is still on "Gardening Leave" at Hull.

I take your point on big names and completely agree. However I think that's quite a harsh assessment on Mclaren! He did very well at Borough imo and you can hardly call taking Middlesborough to the Uefa Cup final anything but an achievement!

Archived