IGNORED

If It Haappens

Pete1975Legend

No one that supports Bristol City should be happy, this witch hunt to get one of our most sucessful managers out, is out of order, why the fu** anyone would want to come and manage our team with our supporters must need their head testing.

I hope that GJ stays personally because 3 seasons ago we wanted to be an established champinoship side, we get that and then certain people want the manager out. It's absolutely pathetic.

If this is the end of a successful manager then I thank GJ for what he accomplished everything we wanted when he took over!

Add me to that list, i'm actually feeling pretty upset reading some of these comments on here, some from posters I have respect for which makes it even worse, but I don't believe its a fair reflection of the majority view, Maybe I miss read somewhere what supporter ment or something as I'm increasingly feeling alone in my backing of GJ and everyone else must be right, i dunno. :dunno:

Meh, There is a fine line between healthy suspicion and paranoia, but some cold ass shit is being posted on here and I refuse to believe that I'm in a minority of supporters in backing GJ, I refuse to believe that., Screw it, who the **** cares, there are more important things that the shit people are worried about, I for one would prefer to go down fighting with Johnson that us lose our bottle and panic sign another gaffer, I've got ****ing standards and principles, clearly not an attribute learned by all posters, Most of which are Gas heads probably, told you there was a fine line.

Now good day :disapointed2se:

Come on, i think it is very short sighted to blame everything absolutely square at the managers feet. Certain players havnt been pulling there weight and the unfortunate thing for managers up and down the country is they ultimately get the blame. Im not saying we should keep Johnson, far from it but i think the players and in particular Louis Carey should take a long hard look at themselves tomorow when/if he is sacked.

The tatics have been all wrong for at least 18 months plus the fact that we have had a horribly un-balanced squad for the majority of this season is all clearly the fault of one man and he should rightly lose his job for it. However how many times have you seen the players look visable dis-interested and visably not putting effort in? Like i said certain players need to look at themselves.

I totally agree Carey has been given the captains armband by GJ but he might as well not be out there how quiet he is. Carey has to take some of the blame if it does happen after all he is meant to be rallying the team.

I dont think anybody can deny that Johnson did very well in getting City to become an established championship club. However, things go stale, Clubs go stale, Players go stale, managers go stale and changes will need to be made. Unfortunatly for Johnson and City that time is now. Ive got no doubts that Johnson will find himself a new club and be successful there, and wish him all the best in the future.

Anybody who has been watching this season will agree that it hasnt been good enough and hes starting to undo all of the excellent work he has done here, I dont expect to win the league but do expect to be in and around the play offs.

You've summed the situation up perfectly for me. Ultimately Johnson never set out for this season to be such a failure, but that's how it's turned out to be and it's very rare for a manager in these circumstances to recover the situation long term. Once the players stop listening, and i think they have, then it's Goodnight Vienna for any manager. Albeit i do remember coming back from Port Vale in our promotion season and listening to every single caller on Radio Stoke absolutely hammering Pulis after Stoke had lost to Wolves 3-0 and them all saying the players weren't responding to him anymore and that he had to go. 20 months later they were a Premier League side.

Ultimately i will be very sad to see him go as there has been nothing in my 25 years watching City that can compare to our first season in the Championship. Games like Charlton away left me buzzing and it was a special night, and we drew 1-1 ffs! Great times but they are firmly in the past now and the time is right for him to go.

No one that supports Bristol City should be happy, this witch hunt to get one of our most sucessful managers out, is out of order, why the fu** anyone would want to come and manage our team with our supporters must need their head testing.

I hope that GJ stays personally because 3 seasons ago we wanted to be an established champinoship side, we get that and then certain people want the manager out. It's absolutely pathetic.

If this is the end of a successful manager then I thank GJ for what he accomplished everything we wanted when he took over!

Spot on. Gary Johnson has done a great job. I for one want him to stay and I know many others do as well! I think his hounding and some of the pathetic criticisms of him are an utter shameful disgrace.

For me , i do not want to see GJ Go, yes were on a bad run, But hes the best manager citys had for a long time, he Got us out of league one

If we never had all those goals against us in the 90+ minutes, think its about 14pts lost, then we would be up near the playoffs, then no one would be moaning

For me if you can stay in the Championship, and build a good team, to push for the Prem, then iam happy, it does not happen overnight

Yes would love us to get to the Prem, but i remember what happened, when we got to the old first Division,then went down to bottom of the 4th, and nearly went out of Bussiness

For me , i do not want to see GJ Go, yes were on a bad run, But hes the best manager citys had for a long time, he Got us out of league one

If we never had all those goals against us in the 90+ minutes, think its about 14pts lost, then we would be up near the playoffs, then no one would be moaning

For me if you can stay in the Championship, and build a good team, to push for the Prem, then iam happy, it does not happen overnight

Yes would love us to get to the Prem, but i remember what happened, when we got to the old first Division,then went down to bottom of the 4th, and nearly went out of Bussiness

I'm afraid if we won the league with 10 games to go there would be some on here moaning such is a small number of peoples dislike for all things Gary Johnson. I'll be sad to see GJ leave if the rumours are true but you cannot deny we are having a poor spell and I do on occcassions see certain posters points about things. I would personally keep GJ and see how things pan out because as the old football adage goes "Form is temparary class is permenant." I'm just glad I'm not in SL's shoes

Add me to that list, i'm actually feeling pretty upset reading some of these comments on here, some from posters I have respect for which makes it even worse, but I don't believe its a fair reflection of the majority view, Maybe I miss read somewhere what supporter ment or something as I'm increasingly feeling alone in my backing of GJ and everyone else must be right, i dunno. :dunno:

Meh, There is a fine line between healthy suspicion and paranoia, but some cold ass shit is being posted on here and I refuse to believe that I'm in a minority of supporters in backing GJ, I refuse to believe that., Screw it, who the **** cares, there are more important things that the shit people are worried about, I for one would prefer to go down fighting with Johnson that us lose our bottle and panic sign another gaffer, I've got ****ing standards and principles, clearly not an attribute learned by all posters, Most of which are Gas heads probably, told you there was a fine line.

With you there CiderHider

But then if my mum had a cock she'd be my dad.

Sorry but that has to be the most bollocks argument ever, it would be like saying, "if we were man U we'd be a lot better" well of course we bloody would.

Thats not the point though, we have conceeded those goals, and that is down largely to Johnson, the players have to take some stick but Johnson signs them, he's the one who sits there and thinks, "right our defence is shit, what shall i do about it?, i know i'll sign a striker or two."

I am sorry to say that this is a results business and quite frankly, despite Gary having full backing financially, we've been on the slippery slope for some time.

I think that very few will be happy if this news breaks but we have to consider what's right for the club. Gary has done a fantastic job and will always be well liked and missed but the sands of time have conspired against him. It's worth remembering that we have won the same number of games this season as S****horpe who are third bottom and that the standard of entertainment (Which pays Gary's wages) has been really poor for some time now.

I'll be as sad as you but also respectful of whatever decision SL makes for the good of the club.

agree with this, unfortunately he's only himself to blame, the last 18months have been dull, dull, dull UTTERLY DREADFUL,

did what he was brought into to do which was get us out of league one, but had to go before he put us back down there, unfortunately he really should have been sacked a few months ago

Add me to that list, i'm actually feeling pretty upset reading some of these comments on here, some from posters I have respect for which makes it even worse, but I don't believe its a fair reflection of the majority view, Maybe I miss read somewhere what supporter ment or something as I'm increasingly feeling alone in my backing of GJ and everyone else must be right, i dunno. dunno.gif

Now good day disapointed2se.gif

I'm a Bristol City supporter and not a Gary Johnson supporter. I know what supporter means, and believe me I support my club!

As for your second comment, why? Why would you rather go down with him? That is putting the manager before the club! I support BCFC, not Gary Johnson, don't get me wrong I am very grateful for what he's done, and this is the end of an era but I would never take relegation over appointing a new manager! Relegation would be disastorous.

Guest bigcheese

I'm a Bristol City supporter and not a Gary Johnson supporter. I know what supporter means, and believe me I support my club!

I agree, sad as it is just as it involves another human who we have all grown to adore for a bit.

It's a difficult enough business as it is but at the end of the day it is all about results and entertainment both of which have been

seriously lacking I would say for a year on and off. But sometimes you have to live and die by your decisions, your results. That

is why you are able to drive round in expensive cars, live in expensive houses, the whole bit, but it's not exactly for free and when

performance aint there - consequences.....

Hope it aint true on a human level, on a football level we have gotta start turning up and competing.....

wow, gary you will find another job

There's so many threads on here about this I've just picked one and posted.

Firstly, I like Gary Johnson, I think he is a good manager, and generally a good guy who wants nothing but good for this football club. I do not like our recent (some would say a longer period) run of results. Somewhere between him being a decent manager and bad results the wheels have fallen off. Things do seem to have gone slightly stale at present, and if the rumours of arguments between players and management are true, meaning players won't play for Gary anymore, then at this stage of the season you need to get someone in who the players will play for.

However, this just feels wrong to me. The timing is all off. At this late and important stage of the season I see no point in getting rid of your manager. You need someone who knows the club inside out to get us the required points for safety. Also if he is to go, who will replace him? Personally I see no-one who is as good at what Gary does available and willing to come here. And, with 9 games to go, how can a new man have an impact in that time? Getting rid of managers at this late stage of a season rarely has a beneficial effect on a team.

Another thing (not directly related but while I'm here), and I expect to get caned for this, in retrospect I think the signing of Hartley was wrong. I don't think he fits into our team very well and he seems to me, to think he is too big for us. He seems to think he knows best and be far to big headed than is good for someone.

This seems a very bizarre situation we've got ourselves into and it all seems a bit of a nonsense really. Ah well, I'm done, night all.

Guest bigcheese

Another thing (not directly related but while I'm here), and I expect to get caned for this, in retrospect I think the signing of Hartley was wrong. I don't think he fits into our team very well and he seems to me, to think he is too big for us. He seems to think he knows best and be far to big headed than is good for someone.

Sorry, You start with Gary is a good bloke etc, fair play to ya, then you say the Hartley signing was wrong. No, you are wrong, that is definitely

one of Gary's better moves imo. The poor move was in not playing the bloke, not making him captain, and fiddling about with things.

You really take the biscuit, you cant honestly believe that the only reason that GJ is possibly about to lose his job is because of a witch hunt? Don't you follow the results and see the performances?

The biggest problem is that football players are rapt in coton wool. I dont blame GJ for most of the bad results i blame the players. They are the one's who should be leaving this club not just GJ. They are the one's who should be looking for another job not just GJ. Once the players cross that white line on a football pitch it's up to them to perform.

The players owe US the supporters (Us who pay their wages by turning up every home game). They the players are a disgrace to Bristol City fc & trust me i will be making my points clear to them on saturday.

The biggest problem is that football players are rapt in coton wool. I dont blame GJ for most of the bad results i blame the players. They are the one's who should be leaving this club not just GJ. They are the one's who should be looking for another job not just GJ. Once the players cross that white line on a football pitch it's up to them to perform.

The players owe US the supporters (Us who pay their wages by turning up every home game). They the players are a disgrace to Bristol City fc & trust me i will be making my points clear to them on saturday.

Here here, and someone who will be having some words to him will be our ALLEGED captin of the side, GJ should of shipped him out in August judging by his performances this season.

Who the hell will want to take over s manager when they see that the players (if true) have ousted one of our most succesful managers and fans who moan nd groan at the first sign of poor results.......EXCACTLY hardly anyone

I've been prepared to be very patient with Johnson, after the Doncaster game I reconciled in myself that he was probably finished here but on hearing he's actually gone I feel very regretful. I liked being the "good club" who had the same manager for five years and for four of those years I liked knowing there was a manager who felt how I felt and did and said the right things at the right times.

When I thought after Doncaster the writing was on the wall, I fully expected and hoped the parting of ways would happen in the summer, in better prepared circumstances and with some truly mutual consent, with Johnson at least keeping order, however fractious, during the run in to safety, as it is we're ripe to be shell-shocked and humiliated on TV by Newcastle which could trigger managerless total free-fall.

I didn't see this coming so soon and feel we've become the type of club I hate, impatient, lacking perspective and if rumours are correct, ready once again to relent to player power, something that has been so disasterous for us in the past, What I don't understand is Johnson signed most of these players so if some have turned on him that does threaten a return to primadonna players with loyalty to no one.

This season has been a total catastrophe on and off the pitch. On the pitch we've made so many mistakes and become so disorganised it has undone years of consistency, off the pitch Johnson has been absolutely desperate in the transfer market and subsequently on team selection (which has bordered on the ludicrous) and the combination of both factors have accelerated the demise of a strong squad.

What still isn't clear to me is the cause and effect of this all. Was Johnson's transfer mess and tinkering to blame for the disorganisation on the pitch? Or was the total lack of concentration on the pitch the reason Johnson abandoned all stability in desperately trying to turn things round. History tells me the latter makes more sense, particularly if it's true that we'd be in 6th if games stopped at 89:59.

And for that reason I hoped and expected we'd make it to the summer before this all unravelled, but if Steve Lansdown has had reasons to act now and on a close ally of his, it cannot have been easy and we can only thank both individuals for their contribution and their acting in the spirit of what is best for the future of the club. But I hope a few of the more vocal boo boys have a tinge of regret on Saturday.

Archived