IGNORED

Reaction Towards Millen

iWurzel

I don't get why everyone is so negative about the prospect of Millen taking over on a temporary basis before a replacement is found?

None of us know exactly what KM brings to the fold in his role as number two, and how much authority he actually exerts whilst Johnson is there. He might be very well liked/respected by the players and be able to bring the best out of them in the short term.

Look at Chris Hughton and the job he's done at Newcastle - he was only appointed as a coach there in 2008 and is going to take them to a Championship title this year. OK so you can argue he has the easiest job in the Championship, but we as a club do seem to have a problem with judging people before they are given a fair crack of the whip.

KM is only going to be in charge temporarily so why is everyone so against him from the off?

OK so you can say he's part of the current situation but as I said, we don't know exactly the role he's played in the current affairs. It could be that behind closed doors he has very little to do with things and GJ rules the roost.

What is certain is that KM is regarded as one of the best assistants at this level so I for one see no reason why he shouldn't be given it on a temporary basis. Let's face it, it's the done thing to hand over in the short term to an assistant, so until a suitable long term replacement for GJ is found - what other choice is there?

I don't get why everyone is so negative about the prospect of Millen taking over on a temporary basis before a replacement is found?

None of us know exactly what KM brings to the fold in his role as number two, and how much authority he actually exerts whilst Johnson is there. He might be very well liked/respected by the players and be able to bring the best out of them in the short term.

Look at Chris Hughton and the job he's done at Newcastle - he was only appointed as a coach there in 2008 and is going to take them to a Championship title this year. OK so you can argue he has the easiest job in the Championship, but we as a club do seem to have a problem with judging people before they are given a fair crack of the whip.

KM is only going to be in charge temporarily so why is everyone so against him from the off?

OK so you can say he's part of the current situation but as I said, we don't know exactly the role he's played in the current affairs. It could be that behind closed doors he has very little to do with things and GJ rules the roost.

What is certain is that KM is regarded as one of the best assistants at this level so I for one see no reason why he shouldn't be given it on a temporary basis. Let's face it, it's the done thing to hand over in the short term to an assistant, so until a suitable long term replacement for GJ is found - what other choice is there?

Who says that 'Millen is regarded as one of the best assistants at this level'? The 6 goals against Cardiff, the 5 against Doncaster, the 3 against mighty Plymouth (worst goal scoring record), behave yourself. I for one will be extremely disappointed if he is given even temporary charge.

The issue is = Millen's part of the management team and therefore part of the problem

We need solutions not problems

Clean break Johnson,Millen, Pete Johnson(obviously) Walshy(good player - coach=not so sure) all out

New man brings in his own choice of assistant + coach + scout + acadamy manager

hopefully we then move forward

and mini-me to Derby as he clearly won't want to stay.

Job done

CR

Who says that 'Millen is regarded as one of the best assistants at this level'? The 6 goals against Cardiff, the 5 against Doncaster, the 3 against mighty Plymouth (worst goal scoring record), behave yourself. I for one will be extremely disappointed if he is given even temporary charge.

I think it's a touch harsh to blame ridiculous individual player errors on a coach.

Are you telling me that because we conceded lots of goals in a couple of freak results we have a bad defensive coach? Forgive me if I'm wrong but up until the Cardiff result did we not have about the 3rd best defence in the league according to the stats?

I think it's a touch harsh to blame ridiculous individual player errors on a coach.

Are you telling me that because we conceded lots of goals in a couple of freak results we have a bad defensive coach? Forgive me if I'm wrong but up until the Cardiff result did we not have about the 3rd best defence in the league according to the stats?

Millen was Tinnion's deputy so his track record has 'previous'.

What about a stand up argument in the technical area with Hartley at Reading.

OK so he had a bit of handbags with a player - if rumours are to be believed then Johnson has more than handbags with his players!

The bottom line is that unless the Chairman has someone ready to come in at 9am tomorrow then Millen will be in charge in the interim - so perhaps we should get behind him and the team now that people have got what they want.

Archived