IGNORED

Stephen Lansdowne

Southport Red

I have been thinking about SL since the Johnson story broke and it has reinforced for me how lucky we are to have SL in charge.

As well as being a hugely successful businessman in a very competitive industry, he always seems to be a thoroughly decent man as well. He was very loyal to GJ, financed him, indulged him. He stayed out of the spotlight when we were going well (are you watching Simon Jordan?) but stepped up to the plate when the nasty things had to be done. I am sure he took no pleasure whatsoever in removing Gary, but he did it anyway because he felt he had to, the sign of a great man I think.

Watching Old Trafford filled with Green & Gold scarves, going down the road to Anfield to hear the "Yanks Out" chants and, of course, on Saturday when the Geordie's will doubtless celebrate being top of the league and nailed on for promotion by singing "you fat Cockney ******* get out of our club" for 80 minutes, has only made me realise even more than, whatever mire we are currently in, we are blessed to have Stephen Lansdowne.

Hope you have a good day Mr. Chairman.:city:

I have been thinking about SL since the Johnson story broke and it has reinforced for me how lucky we are to have SL in charge.

As well as being a hugely successful businessman in a very competitive industry, he always seems to be a thoroughly decent man as well. He was very loyal to GJ, financed him, indulged him. He stayed out of the spotlight when we were going well (are you watching Simon Jordan?) but stepped up to the plate when the nasty things had to be done. I am sure he took no pleasure whatsoever in removing Gary, but he did it anyway because he felt he had to, the sign of a great man I think.

Watching Old Trafford filled with Green & Gold scarves, going down the road to Anfield to hear the "Yanks Out" chants and, of course, on Saturday when the Geordie's will doubtless celebrate being top of the league and nailed on for promotion by singing "you fat Cockney ******* get out of our club" for 80 minutes, has only made me realise even more than, whatever mire we are currently in, we are blessed to have Stephen Lansdowne.

Hope you have a good day Mr. Chairman.city.gif

Well put SR - This is one of the reasons I disliked the vendetta against GJ by a small minority of supposed supporters on here. Along with other people I was losing faith in GJ but was of the opinion that the only person who should have a say on wether he should stay or go is the Chairman, as GJ was his choice, funded him with his money and the one person who has the wherewithal to take the club forward and so fans should have had faith in a chairman who has the future of the club in his heart - unlike some chairmen that could be mentioned and some fans.

Archived