IGNORED

If You Recorded The Game.....

Ian M

Actually it was Phillips, Carey and Coles who missed a challenge just before the mistake, and the goal is only what they deserved. Phillips kept us in with three saves, could have been sent off, and the mistake...saint and sinner in one game!! The whole team underperformed though...dont blame 1 player only..

But it wouldnt be fair to blame phillips though. If it wasnt 4 him. We would have been about 3-1 down!!!! good job he kept us in it!!
Agreed. iIt doesn't really matter who's fault it was. It happened and theres nothing we can do about it. Things like that happen.

Guest LeicesterRed

We have as much chance of scoring as I do of knitting an aaron sweater out of early morning mist.

Still I live in hope

:whistle::wacko::D

• Admin
So, you're criticising him for listening to his 'keeper? Riiiiiiight..... :whistle:
If you're a defender and you have an oppurtunity to clear then you take it, no matter what those around you tell you. There's no question that Phillips was at fault for rushing out when they was still defenders to cover but Carey had to try his best to avoid clearing it and that is just as frustrating as Phillips coming for it,

Yes, it was his fault. He performed miracles in the rest of the game, but that was his fault.
Rubbish, Carey was clearly to blame . It doesnt matter if Phillips called for it or not the first rule of defending is to get the ball out of your danger area. Carey should have put it in row X, then worried about it afterwards. You get taught this as a kid :@ .

I thought we looked very ordinary tonight,IF we get through i dont think Brighton or Swindon will be to worried about facing us.

Saying all that,i would have settled for a draw before kick off :whistle:

It was phillips fault, he called for it and then hesitated allowing the pool player in.

Carey did what he should, his keeper called for it so seeing that Phillips was favourite for the ball he just tried to slow their player down, but because phillips decided to hesitate it cost us a goal.

I have defended Phillips with gusto, when he has recieved criticism, but that was 100% his fault, if he didn't think he was going to get the ball he should not have called end of, and he should under no circumstances hesitated, even if it meant clattering carey i would expect any keeper to clear the ball the he has called for.

• Admin
It was phillips fault, he called for it and then hesitated allowing the pool player in.

Carey did what he should, his keeper called for it so seeing that Phillips was favourite for the ball he just tried to slow their player down, but because phillips decided to hesitate it cost us a goal.

I have defended Phillips with gusto, when he has recieved criticism, but that was 100% his fault, if he didn't think he was going to get the ball he should not have called end of, and he should under no circumstances hesitated, even if it meant clattering carey i would expect any keeper to clear the ball the he has called for.

Have you rewatched it though? How can Phillips be favourite to win the ball when Carey had already reached it though? Was Phillips' hesitation caused by the fact Carey had reached the ball first?

I still agree Phillips made a huge mistake coming for the ball, but still think Carey should have stopped the goal too.

Archived