IGNORED

From Skysports

laugh.gifigiveup.gifigiveup.gif try again farmer.gif

You have to do a cut and paste and add the non underlined address onto the end. It is pretty much the same as other media reports except it says people are sad over GJ's demise, he has done wondrous things for the club and then says "we won points at the end of the game by picking up late goals. I find this last bit incredible, wish it was true GJ would still be here... winner_third_h4h.gif

You have to do a cut and paste and add the non underlined address onto the end. It is pretty much the same as other media reports except it says people are sad over GJ's demise, he has done wondrous things for the club and then says "we won points at the end of the game by picking up late goals. I find this last bit incredible, wish it was true GJ would still be here... winner_third_h4h.gif

Looks like you haven't read it all pal.

What we've all been waiting for...Peter Beagrie's take on the situation:

"Everybody seems to be shaking their heads at the news that Gary Johnson has left Bristol City. He's done a fantastic job for that football club and raised the bar in terms of expectations. He turned them into a solid, but very attacking football team with a never-say-die attitude and on numerous occasions we have seen them snatch points in the dying minutes of games.

Having taken them from League One to the Championship, Johnson steered them to the play-off final against Hull City but there seems to have been a fall-out from that defeat in 2008.In recent times they have been conceding late goals instead of scoring them, which is unlike Bristol City. They are seven points above the relegation zone and after some bad results Gary has lost his job. The decision is reported to have been a mutual one, but I do wonder if Gary has paid the price for raising expectations.

I haven't spoken to him since the news broke, but Gary has always behaved with humility and always sees the glass as half full. His reputation at Bristol City will never be tarnished, but perhaps he didn't want the sour taste of being embroiled in a relegation.

In his statement he said: "the time is right to move on to a new challenge." Knowing the man and knowing his achievements, it would be far more palatable if this decision came from him, rather than from the board.

What is clear is that results have dictated this decision. Two wins in 12 league games will have been noted by everybody, including Gary himself.

However, I think they've got too much about them to go down. There are worse teams in the division with less-experienced squads and I find it unlikely that Bristol City will drop into the danger zone.

Furthermore, history has shown us that a change of manager can have an instant impact on results. Players realise they have to impress somebody new and their work rate and performances improve as a consequence.

There are two more reasons why Bristol City might be able to get a result against league leaders Newcastle on Saturday:

1. This is football. 2. This is the Championship.

However, they are playing against the most consistent side in this league. Newcastle haven't always been pretty to watch this term - they've only thrown off the shackles on a couple of occasions - but they've been strong, solid and professional. That's why they're top.

With Andy Carroll playing in the typical Newcastle number nine role, they always have strength and presence in attack. He has been attracting the eye of Premier League clubs, but as a Geordie lad he has a hunger to perform for the Newcastle fans.

Everything is loaded towards an away win, but as a few racing fans at Cheltenham will learn this week, there's no such thing as a dead cert!"

Claridge at the BBC only recognise Newcastle, west brom and Cardiff in our league, so doubt he will even mention us!

He'll simply say fans these days are really impatient and City just need to look at where they've come from.

He'll have nothing to say about the style of play, tactics etc.

Archived