IGNORED

Timing Of It

Mr Popodopolous

Whatever one thinks of the decision for Johnson to leave, I would question the timing.

9 games to go, relegation scrap- if we don't have somebody lined up to be installed by the Peterborough game at the latest, then surely the end of the season would have been the time to reassess?

What if we get a performance AND a result for Millen against Newcastle (we did against West Brom) and Millen goes on an unbeaten streak for 3 weeks or so - what then? That's pretty well how CHris Hughton finally got the Newcastle job, he was caretaking while they fannied around trying to get a 'proper' manager then someone noticed they hadn't been beaten in yonks. What would we do if Millen was able to reproduce that? (c.f. the 'Gang of three')

Whatever one thinks of the decision for Johnson to leave, I would question the timing.

9 games to go, relegation scrap- if we don't have somebody lined up to be installed by the Peterborough game at the latest, then surely the end of the season would have been the time to reassess?

Both SL and GJ agreed it was the right time. Good enough for me... city.gif

Archived