IGNORED

A New Manager Brings More Unrealistic Targets...

taking a side step away from GJ and who the next manager will be, what i want to know is what the expectations from the supporters will be?

it goes without saying a majority of people think we should be challenging for a play off place each season, mainly on the back of one fortunate season a couple of years ago. so just say this time next year, regardless of who is in charge, we are sitting in the same league position as we are now, will supporters be calling for the managers head? if not, why?

will the new manager be given time to put his team and tactics together? will he get abuse if he see's lee johnson as a first team player? will people be happy with entertaining mid-table football? do we expect instant success?

will bringing in a new manager mean realistic targets, or will you expectations be based on the manager who comes in?

taking a side step away from GJ and who the next manager will be, what i want to know is what the expectations from the supporters will be?

it goes without saying a majority of people think we should be challenging for a play off place each season, mainly on the back of one fortunate season a couple of years ago. so just say this time next year, regardless of who is in charge, we are sitting in the same league position as we are now, will supporters be calling for the managers head? if not, why?

will the new manager be given time to put his team and tactics together? will he get abuse if he see's lee johnson as a first team player? will people be happy with entertaining mid-table football? do we expect instant success?

will bringing in a new manager mean realistic targets, or will you expectations be based on the manager who comes in?

Just like Ipswich - £10m spent and worse than when new managewr came in and still getting 20k plus crowds.

I expect a new manager to take the £11-12m wage bill and £3mish we spend on transfers every season and build a side that plays entertaining football and competes at the top of this division consistently. I'm prepared for it to take a couple of seasons. I think SL's expectations are actually fairly similar and he ideally wants to be in the Prem for the new stadium in 2013.

The issue for me is really that we put the fun back into the match day and that we are going in the right direction results wise - even if slowly.

And the manager and chairmans stated aim each season was auto promotion/playoffs!

Archived