IGNORED

Time To Unite Again

Martyn Hocking

When we all stand together as fans, players and management, we move forward.

When we fight among ourselves - on OTIB or in the dressing room - we slide backwards at a frightening speed.

I didn't want Gary to go and have fallen out with many people on here in recent times as a result.

Apologies to any and all I have rowed with - we all love our club and have far more in common than the details that divide us. Emotions run high when results go bad.

I don't think Millen is going to do a great job as a stop gap but think we will survive.

May will bring a new manager and a new era. A tough act to follow but you and I will be here long after all current players and staff have gone.

Let's kick ass over the next few weeks, survive the drop - and look forward to Curbs/O'driscoll/Burley/whoever taking us onwards and upwards.

When we fight among ourselves - on OTIB or in the dressing room - we slide backwards at a frightening speed.

I didn't want Gary to go and have fallen out with many people on here in recent times as a result.

Apologies to any and all I have rowed with - we all love our club and have far more in common than the details that divide us. Emotions run high when results go bad.

I don't think Millen is going to do a great job as a stop gap but think we will survive.

May will bring a new manager and a new era. A tough act to follow but you and I will be here long after all current players and staff have gone.

Let's kick ass over the next few weeks, survive the drop - and look forward to Curbs/O'driscoll/Burley/whoever taking us onwards and upwards.

Well said Martyn.

Let's all look forward to saturday together.

Apologies also to anyone i have argued with!

Hear, hear.

Been pretty upset myself today, losing my temper again, apologies to those I lost it with or offended, Spud55 and probably many more, Sorry.

Think we've all had a tough day digesting this news and letting emotions run high, I feel mentally drained. Probably need to explain to my boss why I was so miserably useless today too, oh well. :doh:

I think posted a thread with the same message early this morning? Maybe not to eloquently?

OTIB has been in meltdown today, most users online ever, seriously, if there was a thread warning of a comet about to strike, it would have been ignored, I bumped your thread anyway :trumpet:

Just looked at the candle in the living room hearth - the one I lit for tricky away games after GJ started the 'light a candle' thing. It bloody worked so many times!!

Hope the new guy can bring that sort of faith to the club - and maybe an inspirational player like Basso.

Always believe - in the power and glory of Bristol City.

Martyn, as one of the guys who argued with you may I just say, some of your posts recently have been fantastic, this one is no exception, a call for unity is a tad idealistic but I salute the sentiment behind it.

Great post.

Hear, hear.

Been pretty upset myself today, losing my temper again, apologies to those I lost it with or offended, Spud55 and probably many more, Sorry.

Think we've all had a tough day digesting this news and letting emotions run high, I feel mentally drained. Probably need to explain to my boss why I was so miserably useless today too, oh well. :doh:

There was no offence taken, if i'm gonna give it then i have to be able to take it in return, and i was somewhat over the top so i apologise to you in return.

At the end of the day some (myself included) wanted Johnson gone, some didn't it's a fact of life, if you could get 100 let alone 13,000 people to agree on anything as emotive and opinionated as football, then i would be very surprised.

But at the end of the day we are all city fans and the vast majority of us will be there as usual on Saturday and most of us as usual will give the team our full support for the 90 mins of the game, and that's what really matters, i don't think what was said on here or in many pubs and houses after games made a blind bit of difference to SL's decision.

There was no offence taken, if i'm gonna give it then i have to be able to take it in return, and i was somewhat over the top so i apologise to you in return.

At the end of the day some (myself included) wanted Johnson gone, some didn't it's a fact of life, if you could get 100 let alone 13,000 people to agree on anything as emotive and opinionated as football, then i would be very surprised.

But at the end of the day we are all city fans and the vast majority of us will be there as usual on Saturday and most of us as usual will give the team our full support for the 90 mins of the game, and that's what really matters, i don't think what was said on here or in many pubs and houses after games made a blind bit of difference to SL's decision.

Correct and ditto.

Archived