IGNORED

Steve Clarke (merged)

HibbsyBCFC

Got a few mates who are Hammers fans and sent me this link to their Knees Up Mother Brown forum... (only passing on the link as a matter of interest, not my rumour!!)...

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121174&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

He's made no secret of the fact he wants to leave and try his luck at No 1, so wouldn't be surprised is Lansdown receives his CV.

Also interesting to read that a couple of Hammers fans quite like the idea of Johnson being Zola's successor... quickly shot down by another poster though who said he was at our game at Watford and thought we were a shambles!

Got a few mates who are Hammers fans and sent me this link to their Knees Up Mother Brown forum... (only passing on the link as a matter of interest, not my rumour!!)...

http://www.kumb.com/...&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

He's made no secret of the fact he wants to leave and try his luck at No 1, so wouldn't be surprised is Lansdown receives his CV.

Also interesting to read that a couple of Hammers fans quite like the idea of Johnson being Zola's successor... quickly shot down by another poster though who said he was at our game at Watford and thought we were a shambles!

So, that's what happened with LT.

I'd be happy with this appointment. Although no managerial experience he has an excellent CV (assistant manager at Newcastle, Chelsea and West Ham) and is now looking to step up to manager. He is sure to have contacts with "big clubs and managers" at various clubs to bring better players in. Plus the fact that he appears to be a players person.

Steve Clarke has supposedly been the brains behind the last few Chelsea managers, and is regarded as one of the best defensive coaches around. As a coach, we couldn't do much better. As a former Premier League player at a top club, he should also have the respect of the players.

Whether he'd have the presence and man-management skills to to take all this on as a number 1 is a different matter. Just cos you're a great coach or assistant manager, does not make you a great manager; look at Peter Taylor, Brian Clough's former assistant.

But he would certainly be an interesting choice...

By the way, very interesting rumours about LT down the bottom of that thread...I wonder whose missus they could be referring to?!

Regarding LT, I wouldn't believe too much from the WHU forum.

Apart from the fact we all know how much "truth" forums have, the posters mentioned that:

1. our chairman is an idiot (clearly he's not, and the fact that a WHU fan can't see this, is beyond belief)

2. that GJ wasn't given money to spend (£800k for Clarkson? If I was SL, i'd deduct that from GJ's wages)

Look at LT's wages versus his scoring record (goals, not missuses). That's why he was moved on.

My only concern is not with his coaching or tactical ability/knowledge but his personality. Doesn't come across as a man manager weith any personality - every time i've seen him on the bench at chelsea and whu he's looked like he was either about to fall asleep or chewing on a wasp.

Hmmmm first id heard of this....how would a Hammer be in the know about such things....

Trundle helped his best mates missus to "settle in". None of the rest of the squad would speak to him.

Johnson didn't want to let him go but faced a player revolt so the board stepped in. (allegedly).

And only the bit about fear of relegation sounds right here...

The board didn't really match his ambition though and although he had the dressing room, it seems as if the fear over going down with a new stadium on the way pushed the board into the decision.

Hmmmm first id heard of this....how would a Hammer be in the know about such things....

They don't look what they said I pick out what wrong in this quote! :laugh:

"Fickle fans, A new stadium on the horizon, current one sold to sainsburys, so can't afford to go down. Chairman's an idiot."

some of those cockneys have got more neck than a giraffe i bet sl has more money in his bank account than david gold and david sullivan combined

the stuff about trundle is total bullshit aswell the reason he left was due to the fact he scored about 5 goals in two seasons

Steve Clarke has supposedly been the brains behind the last few Chelsea managers, and is regarded as one of the best defensive coaches around. As a coach, we couldn't do much better. As a former Premier League player at a top club, he should also have the respect of the players.

Whether he'd have the presence and man-management skills to to take all this on as a number 1 is a different matter. Just cos you're a great coach or assistant manager, does not make you a great manager; look at Peter Taylor, Brian Clough's former assistant.

But he would certainly be an interesting choice...

I was about to write summot similar.

A good assistant manager is always useful for a club.

Peter Taylor was a manager for a while but the 2 together was much better.

Archived